Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga IG: Crystalized Sine HausLabs Makeup

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers
23 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Beauty brands should leave this "love yourself! ❤️❤️❤️" thing tbh. It sounds fake, even coming from Gaga. 

Like, you want to sell makeup and have people conform to societal beauty standards, Karen. No need to put bows on it. 

But Gaga loves bows.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ5hlTjmv4Fili__ybmag

:dom:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Karen Smith
23 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Beauty brands should leave this "love yourself! ❤️❤️❤️" thing tbh. It sounds fake, even coming from Gaga. 

Like, you want to sell makeup and have people conform to societal beauty standards, Karen. No need to put bows on it. 

That is cruel but it is true. 

52 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Idk how you can look at anything about Gaga/Haus Labs and say that conformity to societal beauty standards is want she's been peddling. Shes literally been on about the exact opposite since day 1. 

Please make it make sense how this is encouraging conformity: 

standard-1.jpg

5e502538881e5.image.jpg

screen-shot-2020-02-17-at-9-59-23-pm-158

EeTdfHyVAAMXn5j.jpg

standard-2.jpg

73f882d3-2c03-4d1e-92b0-96536f88476c-hau

EegeFtLU8AEkTyT.jpg

6aff24b4260a47a79b8c6a955f9d3c07.jpg

HL_LG_HERO%202.jpg

09_23_19_CHAHN_HAUS_LABS_HOLIDAY19_VINCE

lady%20gaga%20eyedentify%20eyeliner.png

91mAtxr7VcL.jpg

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

7 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

wait how does everyone know she's with nat & her bf?

it is literally in the description

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Idk how you can look at anything about Gaga/Haus Labs and say that conformity to societal beauty standards is want she's been peddling. Shes literally been on about the exact opposite since day 1. 

Please make it make sense how this is encouraging conformity: 

standard-1.jpg

5e502538881e5.image.jpg

screen-shot-2020-02-17-at-9-59-23-pm-158

EeTdfHyVAAMXn5j.jpg

standard-2.jpg

73f882d3-2c03-4d1e-92b0-96536f88476c-hau

EegeFtLU8AEkTyT.jpg

6aff24b4260a47a79b8c6a955f9d3c07.jpg

HL_LG_HERO%202.jpg

09_23_19_CHAHN_HAUS_LABS_HOLIDAY19_VINCE

lady%20gaga%20eyedentify%20eyeliner.png

91mAtxr7VcL.jpg

I mean, makeup in general promotes conformity, but if we're talking about this specific case, all of the models are of certain body proportions - and that DOES have something to do with makeup since it may look different on differently proportioned faces. And I wasn't only talking about Haus Labs, however, Gaga is the one who ties that self love shtick to her expensive makeup the most. 

I'm not trying to attack her on what is supposedly her "passion", just to the way she promotes it. 

We don't need false pretenses to justify Haus Labs' existence. Gaga could just say "I'm Lady freaking Gaga and if I want to do makeup I will" and it'd be okay, but tying it to a self love and kindness thing sounds disingenuous at best. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Karen Smith

@Pennywise

It also depends on how you look at your makeup. Because for some it is a way to beautify and for others it is a way to express yourself and your feelings. I guess the point is to show that the latter. I also wear makeup in order not to look like the rest and that people looking at me would not say "wow he is beautiful" but "wow what a beautiful and unique makeup". It is just an example. 

Admittedly, in the haus labs campaign there are only attractive models who have certain proportions to specific make-up. But actually, saying that makeup is the way to love yourself is okay, but Haus Labs speaks a bit as if it was a necessity. I hope you understood me.

Pennywise
4 minutes ago, Little99 said:

@Pennywise

It also depends on how you look at your makeup. Because for some it is a way to beautify and for others it is a way to express yourself and your feelings. I guess the point is to show that the latter. I also wear makeup in order not to look like the rest and that people looking at me would not say "wow he is beautiful" but "wow what a beautiful and unique makeup". It is just an example. 

Admittedly, in the haus labs campaign there are only attractive models who have certain proportions to specific make-up. But actually, saying that makeup is the way to love yourself is okay, but Haus Labs speaks a bit as if it was a necessity. I hope you understood me.

I understand what you mean, I wasn't, like, "coming for" Gaga anyway, since she has been the epitome of amazing and unique looks, and the campaign did show a lot of interesting looks too. I, personally, find "love yourself" as a way of selling anything disingenuous, however. 

37 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I mean, makeup in general promotes conformity, but if we're talking about this specific case, all of the models are of certain body proportions - and that DOES have something to do with makeup since it may look different on differently proportioned faces. And I wasn't only talking about Haus Labs, however, Gaga is the one who ties that self love shtick to her expensive makeup the most. 

I'm not trying to attack her on what is supposedly her "passion", just to the way she promotes it. 

We don't need false pretenses to justify Haus Labs' existence. Gaga could just say "I'm Lady freaking Gaga and if I want to do makeup I will" and it'd be okay, but tying it to a self love and kindness thing sounds disingenuous at best. 

I had something else written, but I'll just say this:

Never before in my life have I felt safer to use a beauty product than when HL came along. Never have I felt encouraged that I am a respected and valued consumer. As opposed to a forgotten demographic that just had to "figure it out" cuz certain shades and skin types apparently don't exist in that labels world. I've resented to idea of spending good money on people that don't care about me just to reminded I can't look like their pretty models. I see the commercials and the claims; and the off results and disappointment by my friends. I've followed HL too and watched all the reviews.

I feel seen and respected by HL. It will be the first makeup I will ever purchase in my life. It will be the first time I will sit down and try to be kind to myself in that way. I've never experienced that and she's made me excited for it.

So....her message is genuine to me. And to many others I believe.

---

Have you seen this

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Pennywise
29 minutes ago, KNJ said:

I had something else written, but I'll just say this:

Never before in my life have I felt safer to use a beauty product than when HL came along. Never have I felt encouraged that I am a respected and valued consumer. As opposed to a forgotten demographic that just had to "figure it out" cuz certain shades and skin types apparently don't exist in that labels world. I've resented to idea of spending good money on people that don't care about me just to reminded I can't look like their pretty models. I see the commercials and the claims; and the off results and disappointment by my friends. I've followed HL too and watched all the reviews.

I feel seen and respected by HL. It will be the first makeup I will ever purchase in my life. It will be the first time I will sit down and try to be kind to myself in that way. I've never experienced that and she's made me excited for it.

So....her message is genuine to me. And to many others I believe.

---

Have you seen this

Well, I'm honestly glad you (and others) feel that way, what I write here is solely my own opinion anyway. 

DonatellaPop

Surprised how barely anyone noticed how it looks like that ARTPOP promo pic

...Venus 3rd single confirmedT

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

6 hours ago, CHROMATICON said:

For those complaining about this being a "wasted" look just for Insta (for the moment) need to realize that the power social media holds is huge, a good Instagram feed with gorgeous looks and makeup is something this generation sees as a must for today's stars. In my opinion, Gaga's insta is a bit messy and needs more effort. I remember when we had HAUS EDITORIALS and I was so excited cuz I thought we would get those regularly and her feed would look amazing. 

Personally I'm a sucker for aesthetically pleasing Instagram feeds or see effort on social image. Some say it's a shallow thing but I love it. Gaga's current Insta consists on too much selfies, some gorgeous, some others look like the camera was greasy :billie: and some very auntie-like posts. 

I'm sure Gaga doesn't care about that, cuz she has more to sell than just her image, but still, it'd be nice to see more effort put into her social media presence. 

see i thought the haus edits were cringey af 

Archived