music news

Official: Madonna Biopic Written by Madonna & Diablo Cody

God Control

Featured Posts

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, tomdsgn said:

Absolute narcissism. Should have waited till she was dead so she can’t rewrite history from her POV. Elton had the nerve to do it but at least he admitted his was a load of **** (aka “fantasy”). 

Have you ever heard of autobiographies? This is literally that, but as a movie.

Lord Temptation

I don’t understand why she wouldn’t want to let someone else direct it and have her as consultant. If the film bombs - critically and or commercially - then it will be all on her. I feel she should give it to a young female director who can offer a new perspective.

Also, I wonder what the film will be called?

Blonde Ambition?

Material Girl?

Crazy For You?

11 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

If Gaga would’ve done it:

Omg yes as she should she’s gonna show us real history omg yes she’s so awesome for recording her own biotopic 

Just let her if she needs to, period

No, I'd have the same opinion if Gaga did it.

Franz Ferdinand
Just now, Lord Temptation said:

I don’t understand why she wouldn’t want to let someone else direct it and have her as consultant. If the film bombs - critically and or commercially - then it will be all on her. I feel she should give it to a young female director who can offer a new perspective.

But that's always been her MO. The reason Madonna is Madonna is because she demands absolute control over every one of her artistic outputs. She knows that if the film bombs it will be all on her, I doubt she even cares, theres no way she would have let anyone do it for her.

ZiggyZiggs

why so much hate? 

anyone who's been a fan of hers know that this day would come some day. everytime she has been asked about a biopic she's blatantly said that if there's a madonna biopic she'd make it herself. so this is not a surprise at all.

Look at you all lol. Madonna accomplished so many things in her career and is the most impactful female artist ever and the only thing y'all focus on is that she wasn't so great in her acting career... At least she didn't give up and tried again and again and tried to improve, and went out of her comfort zone, taking risks etc...

8 minutes ago, tomdsgn said:

Unclear about how my statement could be seen as “stupid”

Giving someone full creative control over a film about their life gives them so much power to twist and manipulate the truth. Generally to make them look better, and other people look worse. 

What exactly would she be gaining by doing that? It's not like there aren't people who have been present through her journey that know the truth eventually it would get out. It's great that she's able to make it and tell her true story than to be dead and have her story changed it just for the sake of making a good movie. I don't see how it makes her a narcissist. 

Daylight Jokers
23 minutes ago, tomdsgn said:

Should have waited till she was dead so she can’t rewrite history from her POV.

giphy.gif

Chromatography

i’m not a fan of people writing their own biopic. michael jordan of nba did something similar and completely edited history to paint him in a better light in some situations. it’ll be very biased.

Lord Temptation
9 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

But that's always been her MO. The reason Madonna is Madonna is because she demands absolute control over every one of her artistic outputs. She knows that if the film bombs it will be all on her, I doubt she even cares, theres no way she would have let anyone do it for her.

I think her method worked extremely well for almost the entirety of her career- until we hit the 2010s. So that’s why I hope she is making this as an act of rebellion and defying herself and her label, rather than simply relying on the same suggestions from the same people that have always worked whether or not they needed to. I want her to need to make this film.

I wonder what timeline the story will cover: from when her mother was still alive (age 5, in 1963) to her star role in Evita at age 38 in 1996? That would be my ideal stoy arc. Baby Madonna to TeenDonna to PunkDonna to DiscoDonna to Her Madgesty.

Archived