Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I, for one, hope Gaga sticks to dance for a while

LittleMonster20

Featured Posts

LittleMonster20

Like, I know what you guys are gonna say and you’re right, in theory, Gaga is too talented to keep doing pop forever. Cheek To Cheek, all the covers she did in 2015, Joanne and ASIB were all proof of this, and I know that Gaga is definitely going to act more and will always experiment. But the thing is, and I’m saying this as someone who’s never stopped stanning her, it feels like we’re back to normal. Like, current situation aside, it just feels so normal that Gaga is doing dance music again, dressing up, wearing wigs, and being extravagant again. She never completely stopped being extravagant, I’m aware, but I’m pretty sure a lot of long-time Monsters understand what I’m trying to say. I know that she needed a break, has some health problems and all, but Chromatica basically proves that Gaga didn’t ‘change’.

Early Joanne era, Gaga was being SO unauthentic when I look back on it(and again, I love the album and defended her this time), and looking back, everything after the Super Bowl was a relief. I don’t even take Five Foot Two seriously, other than talking about her health problems, because it was horrible to see her dismiss Gaga and brush her off and saying she ‘can’t go back’, and looking at the Zane Lowe interview earlier this year, Gaga probably agrees. And realizing she went trough so much pain at the time, makes me understand.

But guys, the fact that she even brought back GAGAVISION this year, put the Ball back in her tour name (Chromatica Ball) and is dressing up casually is such a huge..... idk, ‘relief’. I was pretty sure at one time we wouldn’t be getting another dance record again, which is of course a huge overreaction, but I just hope things will remain like it. I guess what I’m trying to say, is that I’m thankful, and think Gaga genuinely is going back to extravagance, because at the end of the day, she really doesn’t need to do dance music, she’d still be huge releasing ballads and all. 
I find it hard to articulate my thoughts on this, so I hope you guys understand and I am curious about your thoughts! :kara:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeardASine

Appreciated your thoughts! I really love her dance music too, and even if she does go on and try new sounds, I hope she'll always come back to the dance music that made us fall in love with her.

dynamite
7 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Gaga is too talented to keep doing pop forever.

I also hope she sticks to it and maybe I misunderstood but I don't really agree that you can be 'too talented' to do pop, it's not a lesser genre and it's why most of us are here in the first place. She showcases her talent very well when doing it. C2C and other genres just showcase another side of it.

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, LittleMonster20 said:

Early Joanne era, Gaga was being SO unauthentic when I look back on it(and again, I love the album and defended her this time), and looking back, everything after the Super Bowl was a relief.

Gaga trying to convince everyone she liked cowboys and riding horses and that she was “going back to her roots” when her roots is dance, clubs and rock and roll.

C2C worked for her because she had done the Thanksgiving special and has been performing jazz/jazz style versions of her songs since the beginning of her career

but when was this Italian girl from New York ever a yeehaw babe

:huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

LittleMonster20
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I also hope she sticks to it and maybe I misunderstood but I don't really agree that you can be 'too talented' to do pop, it's not a lesser genre and it's why most of us are here in the first place. She showcases her talent very well when doing it. C2C and other genres just showcase another side of it.

I understand but I’m just saying pop music doesn’t generally show her vocal talent to the max unlike jazz and acoustic songs. ‘Too talented’ wasn’t meant in a condescending way, my favorite music is EDM myself.

1 minute ago, Mister Hamza said:

Chromatica's sound don't sell, so I'd rather want her to experiment with sth new, cause that's just not it. :triggered:

Chromatica is Gaga’s fastest selling solo album since Born this way :ohwell:

MANiCURE1295
15 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Gaga trying to convince everyone she liked cowboys and riding horses 

1280_lady_gaga_horseback_riding_barefoot

32cf2b18bc061b77e56b5783aff01222_XL.jpg

46C5C4FF00000578-5126875-image-a-14_1511

maxresdefault.jpg

.....maybe she actually enjoys horseback riding. It's super annoying when fans that have never had one in person conversation with Gaga thinks they know more about her than herself :bye:

Archived