💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Hagrid actor defends JK Rowling

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers
8 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

If you log of Gaga Daily and twitter and go outside speak to real people you’ll see they agree with him.

You are who you hang out with. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
9 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Girl it's time that we just cancel Harry Potter :triggered: 

Excuse your mouth :bear:

chaeri pls

littlepotter
8 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Most users of this site are exactly the kind of people he’s talking about.

If you log of Gaga Daily and twitter and go outside speak to real people you’ll see they agree with him. 

7 minutes ago, President Biden said:

Okay but he’s right. Yall getting triggered literally proves his point

:fail: of COURSE your username is president Biden. Why would you NOT stand up for trans people when theyve stood up for your rights as a gay man for DECADES?! Using ridiculous words like tRiGgErrEd won't change the fact that this is harmful to trans people, i truly have no idea how you can be a lady gaga fan and not be supportive

chaeri pls

Daylight Jokers

The number of users here defending a transphobe is already more than the usual number of comments a thread about hate crimes towards transwomen gets. Think about that.

alsemanche

I love how people defending him in the replies are either explicitly defending Rowling or acting like he said this without any context whatsoever. Very nice way of acting the fool.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

alsemanche
4 hours ago, ShtoopidLahv said:

Because she’s still a rich author and owner of one of the largest media enterprises with a lot of dangerous influence. Her contribution to transphobia endangers the livelihoods of trans people and shouldn’t be swept under a rug. Not calling this bullshit out is harmful and shouldn’t be reduced to “just having an opinion” or a bunch of “SJW’s freaking out.” By doing that you’re subtly endorsing her transphobic rhetoric by demeaning the justified and necessary outrage against her in that way. 

Shameful how many people on a Gaga forum continue to downplay this as just a bunch of opinionated SJW’s throwing a fit. No this **** is toxic and if you’re more focused on the outrage and the way people are expressing it and not the cause of the outrage in the first place (transphobia and transphobic myths and rhetoric) YOU are part of the problem. 

This is the best reply I've read about this entire disgusting situation so far :applause:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

raragaga
1 hour ago, Suuus said:

Type harry potter in your Google search bar and you will find out

i was being sarcastic.................... :saladga:

xoxo

high heeled fem
11 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

That doesn’t justify her. She’s a transphobic piece of trash.

She sure is 

kick those TERFS to the Kurb

PartySick

I'm usually one of those "anti-outrage culture" people but I cannot with some people here pretending to not understand why others think this is offensive :poot:

Rowling has a clear agenda. People are mad about it.

It's not SJW/cancel culture when people get mad at genuinely ignorant and harmful statements or narratives.

Coltrane is way off base.

Imagine if Jeffrey Dahmer was a fictional character in a story. A gay guy that drugs and murders victims. Ok, whatever.

Now imagine if that story was written by someone from the Westboro Baptist Church? Suddenly an isolated horror story becomes part of a homophobic narrative about the sinful gay lifestyle.

It's the same here. We've seen this woman constantly harp on ridiculous and debunked points like "if we let trans people use the 'proper' bathroom then we'll have men rape/kill women in the women's bathroom!ÂĄ!"

HER writing this story is not a coincidence. It's a continuation of her pattern of ignorance and, honestly, stupidity.

Y'all are not that dense. Stop pretending to not get it.

đŸ–€

Cameltoe Chariot

So sad to watch the woman I've idolized since I was 12 years old throw her entire career away because of her insatiable desire to be "right" and win an argument. It's obvious to me that what started out as "research" for this dumb detective novel led her down the TERF rabbit hole and now here we are, Jo Rowling, the defender of biology. It's f*cking depressing.

Harry Potter was literally all I had as a kid. I was intensely bullied for most of my childhood for being gay, and it reached its peak at 12 years old. I remember finishing seventh grade and thinking all summer that I would just have to kill myself before I started high school in September. It was that bad. But the one thing that kept me company, kept me happy and hopeful was the Harry Potter books. How would they end? Would Harry stop Voldemort? I was obsessed. I vividly remember telling myself many times that I couldn't end my life until the series was over and I knew the ending, at the very least. It kept me alive at my most vulnerable state in life so far.

To me, Jo represented overcoming adversity by believing in your dreams. Her rags to riches story, the genius of the Potter series and the countless lives its changed - it has, and will always be such an important part of my life. But as a gay man, I also can't stand for her ignorant and dangerous rhetoric against trans folks. I've literally cried in frustration over her inability to let this issue go. I feel like something has been stolen from me.

I guess the reason why I write all of this, is just to say this: please understand that there are people like me that have a very strong connection to Harry Potter, and while Rowling is a f*cking idiot... please be gentle, and understand that that Rowling going full TERF is uniquely painful for some of us. This isn't a black or white issue, as much as many of you think (or wish) it was. TERFs suck, trans lives matter, and Rowling is wrong - but this has been a wild ride of wanting to believe she "accidentally" liked a TERF tweet to accepting she's fully embraced a problematic and hateful stance against trans people.

Musicisfreedom
12 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

She tweeted criticism of the hesitance to call women women. Wasn’t transphobic at all.

Regardless, she could have said much worse and I’d still defend her right to say it, without her being “cancelled” by butthurt Twitter SJWs. Ridiculous world we live in.

You’ll see how fed up most are when Trump is re-elected by a landslide. Bookmark me.

Oh so you're one of those. Go figure :billie:

Bitch I'm Madonna

Archived