Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Hagrid actor defends JK Rowling

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although he's not right with what he's saying in this specific case of transphobia, he's very right that the whole Twitter generation is just waiting to be offended by any little thing

ladygagafan1234

I don't think he understands the gravity of the situation. He just see's this as Twitter being Twitter again.

LadariousGarage

So, my question for the people defending JK/Defending this guy, do you even know what the book is about? Its about a man who dresses a as a woman to kill women. Now one could argue that "It was about a cisgender man", with her recent statements on trans people, its CLEAR she was writing about trans women, plus half of society views us as men in dresses so they are gonna immedietly think "Oh this is about a trans woman" when reading it. Using this plotline is very harmful because its a CENTURIES old stereotype of trans women, that we are all men in dresses trying to prey upon women, which is blatantly untrue and statistics would back that up. Trans women have been attacked, harassed, and beaten over this untrue stereotype, its pretty ****ing obvious that this is a EXTREMELY dangerous and harmful stereotype to spread, its blatantly transphobic and I don't know how anyone can defend it. 

Lets do it baby I know the Law

ShtoopidLahv
3 hours ago, BellatrixLestrange said:

I’m not gaslighting at all, I’m giving good advice, if you go seeking something offensive, you will find it. JK is somebody who clearly lacks the intelligence to understand transgender issues so why give her the time of day??

Because she’s still a rich author and owner of one of the largest media enterprises with a lot of dangerous influence. Her contribution to transphobia endangers the livelihoods of trans people and shouldn’t be swept under a rug. Not calling this bullshit out is harmful and shouldn’t be reduced to “just having an opinion” or a bunch of “SJW’s freaking out.” By doing that you’re subtly endorsing her transphobic rhetoric by demeaning the justified and necessary outrage against her in that way. 

Shameful how many people on a Gaga forum continue to downplay this as just a bunch of opinionated SJW’s throwing a fit. No this **** is toxic and if you’re more focused on the outrage and the way people are expressing it and not the cause of the outrage in the first place (transphobia and transphobic myths and rhetoric) YOU are part of the problem. 

Agunimon

I agree that there is a whole twitter generation waiting to be offended, but in this instance, the way she doubled down on it when people not only attacked her, but tried to educate her, means this offense is 100% justified. That said, he's 100% right and the comments here are further proof.

MANiCURE 6

I mean, he's not wrong tho :excuseu: And he's saying nothing against the trans community.

He's just saying that there's a lot of people that are just waiting for a drama to happen and don't care about the consequences... There's a bunch of people that are just hating on JK without even knowing what she said about trans people. They're just waiting to hate someone. They're following the movement but they don't really care about trans people issues.

8 hours ago, PartySick said:

What's funny is that when I edited that, I got a notification saying you tagged me :ladyhaha:

Yeah, to connect this story alone to transphobic intentions would be a stretch. We've seen cross dressing murderers before in horror films and books.

But because it's JK, someone who has gone on several tirades against trans rights, I don't think the criticism and outrage is misplaced here.

Just my two cents :yennefer: she knows exactly what she's doing. She's either stirring controversy for attention or she's fueling anti-trans propaganda cause she's a bigot. It's sh*tty either way.

Insidious 2 litteraly has a male murderer ghost dressed a woman so yeah on that part i agree

imnotyourbabe10

I don't love the whole "cancel culture" or "SJW culture" but if folx are calling out injustice to human rights (or even animal/sentient creatures' lives), I am here for it! :ally:
Adios, JK and Hagrid!

Archived