Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's wrong with Love + Fear?

DC

Featured Posts

Half of you are venting and it's all because of music, what's going on guys? :air:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crackpoppodcast

I feel that all of her other albums have a unique and distinct but uniform sound. L+F was just not a unique sounding album. Production was very dry. I wish she had done an entire acoustic album of the songs. 

Bubblegum Bitch

There is nothing wrong with this album. Handmade Heaven, Superstar, Orange Trees, Enjoy Your Life, To Be Human, End of the Earth, Believe in Love, Emotional Machine, Karma, Soft to be Strong — these songs are amazing.

What makes me love Love+Fear even more is that Marina was really happy during that era. A grown woman who found her happiness and herself. 

I love oranges and end of the world.... And superstar. Actually I'm usually into dark songs but I bopped so hard on the Love side. I think this album has beautiful beautiful stuff in it. Even if sonically it's very tight 'contemporary mainstream sound' it's still amazing because of the Marina's voice. 

I think the artistic direction is to keep it super tight and make it timeless and contemporary.  And it works. I'm not that meh about the direction while on other artists I could have been bored in one song. 

My only 'meh' point is when she puts 'heaven' close to 'paradise' :zilla::laughga:

hello hello baby.

Daylight Jokers

I guess it's because it's Marina. If the album was by a different artist, it would be praised. People were expecting too much from her, especially because her last album was released in 2015. I personally love the album and its got one of her strongest set of ballads (Handmade Heaven, To Be Human, End of the Earth, Believe in Love, and Soft to be Strong) in her discography. It's not her best, but it's definitely not as bad as some of her diamonds claim it to be.

Xoxo Adriana

i think her going from EH / Froot to this, definitely lacked creativity, both visually and sonically. i love handmade heaven, but the rest of the album, other single choices included were not that great. Superstar was a mediocre but decent single.

i think it purely comes down to fans comparing this with her previous three albums, if she was a totally new artist and there was nothing else to compare with, this would’ve been ok but being that she’s had more stand out eras in the past, this one just lacked i suppose:awkney:

It’s generic, the production is basic af, it has horrible lyrics and the songs are very uninspired, which is everything Marina wasn’t up to that point 

who will love me when the night is over

I think there's a really decent album there but the double album concept was a little too forced and didn't pay off for me. I'm all for a long album but I believe this one would have been stronger with a few tracks left out. It featured some slightly questionable lyrics which I didn't really have an issue with untill people who disliked it wore me down (maybe I'm too impressionable) and only a few of the songs had that marina flair imo. 

Even with improvements, it would still be my least fave album from her I think but it's certainly not as bad as some fans make it out 

BleepBloop

I don't hate it, but the production is bland and the lyrics are either unneededly metaphoric or make no sense for the sake of rhyming.

CatelynnMarie

It’s my least fave album from her and I think it might be the production/ Clean Bandit influence. Don’t get me wrong, some tracks are incredible and have that traditional Marina sound/ feel to them, but overall, it just lacked something. It kinda felt almost forced in a way? I’m not sure how to articulate that thought. 
I was also way disappointed over the changes to You. I enjoyed the demo so much better, even from that mushed together snippet that leaked ages ago. 

FfFfFfFF

In all honesty, this album made me compeltely give up on Marina. I couldn't even finish listening to it at first but I re-listened to it later and was better (than I remembered). I still think the album is lacking in many ways and is somehow low-effort for Marina and bland. But some songs are good and is not incredibly bad.

I still bop to this album frequently. It’s a very cohesive album. The only difference is that she was happy during the process and wanted to have fun with the album. Song of her best songs are on L&F

Archived