💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What's wrong with Love + Fear?

DC

Featured Posts

Genuine question.

I get it's SUPER different from the rest of Marina's discography, but even when I first discovered Marina's older hits first like Oh No!, Froot, I'm A Ruin, Hollywood, etc. But when I heard Love+Fear in full I just instantly thought it sounded so GOOD. It's so unique to Marina, only other project similar is Baby which is on the album, but it's just a modern version of the kind of album Electra Heart is in my opinion with the production. It's got instant classics like Karma, To Be Human, Life Is Strange, Enjoy Your Life, No More Suckers, Baby, and Emotional Machine.

So why all the hate? Is it because of the production alone? Cause Marina did NOT fall flat with lyrics at ALL, why the all of a sudden hate for something that just sounds different? 

And like I get it, usually there's certain sounds people hate that could be all over the place in that album and that's completely fine. For everyone else though that just hates it just because I really want to know why you do, because from what I hear it seems like we aren't even listening to the same album, it's GREATLY produced! :firega:

Anyway, I'll give myself room to breathe after typing all that in 2 minutes :bear:

What's your thoughts on the album? :vegas:

And give it some streams while you're here! :firega:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cookie Tookie
4 minutes ago, DC said:

People used to say Electra Heart was bland too :vegas:

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

Electra Heart is a brilliant album

Chromatica

I used to be excited for releases from her, but I stopped listening to them because I was disappointed more often than not.

She has some songs that I really enjoy, but I’m not interested in her typical sound. Judging by the new snippet she posted, it seems like she’ll keep coming out with more of the same.

Prostitute Barbie

Her other albums are innovative, interesting and intriguing. This thing is stale cake I said what I said 

ThefamebaII

Marina had a certain vision to divide love and fear into 2 different parts but to be honest I didn’t vibe with it right away.

While I enjoyed all of the songs, I found myself moving the track list around to what I Thought sounded most cohesive as a whole.

I opened the Album with 

“Life is Strange”

and Ended with 

“End of the Earth”

AphroditeLaydee

it's so... bland.

someone said it's the equivalent of a 'live laugh love' poster and i agree.

i love marina, and i definitely like some songs on love and fear, but i only like them separately.

i can listen to karma, no more suckers, handmade heaven, emotional machine, baby, superstar, orange trees, you on repeat but only individually, or only in shuffle playlists with other songs from other artists.

the album as a whole is so bland, and songs sound the same but not in the sense that they are interestingly cohesive, but just meh.

TLDR; love the individual songs, not as a whole cohesive body of work. which is sad bc its marina. her first three albums are some of the greatest examples of cohesive bodies of work.

AphroditeLaydee
9 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

I used to be excited for releases from her, but I stopped listening to them because I was disappointed more often than not.

She has some songs that I really enjoy, but I’m not interested in her typical sound. Judging by the new snippet she posted, it seems like she’ll keep coming out with more of the same.

me too! i used to be so excited with her releases but for some reason with love and fear i no longer feel any hype for her.

i still love and support her though, just without as much enthusiasm 

Chromatography

it’s okay that it’s different. it has some of her best songs (emotional machine, to be human) but a vast majority of the album is somewhat uninspiring. this is coming from a hardcore marina stan. 

idk but it didn't seem fresh or something new either 
it feels like she has stuck with one sound and doesn't know how to develop further 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived