🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
society

#RIPJKROWLING Trends On Twitter

Marilyn MonHoe

jk-rowling.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=97

J.K. Rowling fans are out for blood.

The author, 55, has penned a book called “Troubled Blood” slated for release Tuesday about a male serial killer who dresses as a woman while on violent killing sprees.

A day before the book’s release, fans and foes lambasted Rowling, who has previously made a slew of controversial comments about the trans community, and declared her “dead” by sending #RIPJKRowling to the top of the Twitter trending charts.

“In memory of jk rowling. she ain’t dead, but she killed her own career by proudly hating trans people & no one would really miss her that much anyway,” wrote one Twitter user.

“#RIPJKRowling she [ain’t] dead but her career is,” added another.

“Imagine getting cancelled so hard, we have to pretend that you died,” chimed in someone else.

Other fans were initially confused as to why the R.I.P. hashtag was trending while some even seemed to believe it. One Twitter user was amused that the social-media giant actually had to clarify Rowling was not dead in the trending section’s explanation.

“Troubled Blood” follows a private detective, Cormoran Strike, as he investigates a cisgender male serial killer who dons women’s clothing to kill female victims. Using the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, it’s the fifth book in Rowling’s Cormoran Strike series using the pen name. In “The Silkworm,” the second novel in the series, Rowling portrays a trans character as being “unstable and aggressive.”

“The meat of the book is the investigation into a cold case: the disappearance of GP Margot Bamborough in 1974, thought to have been a victim of Dennis Creed, a transvestite serial killer,” wrote the Telegraph in a review of the novel. “One wonders what critics of Rowling’s stance on trans issues will make of a book whose moral seems to be: never trust a man in a dress.”

Source: https://nypost.com/2020/09/14/is-jk-rowling-dead-heres-why-ripjkrowling-is-trending-on-twitter/amp/

• Like 1
  • LMAO 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 7
  • Sad 1

DC

Omg... all of her tweets were just promo for this book :air:

DC
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 61
  • Shook 7
  • Sad 1

COOOK

Just imagining the mayhem on social media when this book comes out :saladga:

Edited by COOOK
2020 Clownie Award for Worst Profile Picture
  • Like 1

Pennywise

Well, Harry Potter is such an interesting series because it has no writer! Almost like the folk tales of the old times! :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 43
  • YAAAS 10
  • Love 1

She is trending with #RIPJKRowling :rip:

(っ◔◡◔)っ

ShayCristoforo

I mean, she has been articulate on her viewpoints. And she's said that she has trans friends.

But her insistence on challenging trans experiences is just disgusting. I can't imagine how she could have any trans friends anymore.
To top it all off, this book (that she really didn't need to publish as she sits on a Harry Potter fortune) seems very pointed. Her and her team would have recognized the slippery slope.

There's just no denying it...

Sometimes, people shouldn't be cancelled. But she should. She's cancelling herself :madge:

Ich schleiban austa be clair
  • Like 7

KanyeWest
3 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

“Troubled Blood” follows a private detective, Cormoran Strike, as he investigates a cisgender male serial killer who dons women’s clothing to kill female victims. Using the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, it’s the fifth book in Rowling’s Cormoran Strike series using the pen name. In “The Silkworm,” the second novel in the series, Rowling portrays a trans character as being “unstable and aggressive.”

Would be an interesting plot if she didn't have any ulterior motives behind it. And her obsession about transexuals is actually super creepy and scary at this point, someone should write a book about a woman who thinks, sleeps, eats trans issues with rage so much so that she starts killing anyone she deems different. At the end of the story, the woman loses her mind and ends up in an asylum, that'd be a great book too

Kanye West Is Blonde And Gone
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

COOOK
5 minutes ago, DC said:

I thought of this right away :bradley: Excerpts from the book or the killer's thoughts. But then again, it's just not it, Miss JK

Edited by COOOK
2020 Clownie Award for Worst Profile Picture
  • Like 4

Rudz Xinc

I guess this is what you gotta do to sell books nowadays. :oprah:

Look at those clowns
  • Like 1

Sneaky
6 minutes ago, Marilyn MonHoe said:

“Imagine getting cancelled so hard, we have to pretend that you died,” chimed in someone else.

I'm sorry, but this is so cringey and embarassing. Can Twitter PLEASE stop acting like they have some incredible power and influence? It's getting tired

Edited by Sneaky
Can't you try to feel? Never seen the future so real
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 6

DiskoBaby

I’m not gonna judge it without reading her book first 

Edited by DiskoBaby
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

M Monstre
18 hours ago, DC said:

If all those transphobic tweets were just to promote this book and were not reflective of her actual feelings about transgender people and the LGBTQ community, then....wow......

That said, I do think she's a transphobic person who's doubling down on this nonsense :giveup: 

Edited by M Monstre
  • Like 4

Cookie Tookie

People are sick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1