đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard Global 200

Lighter

Featured Posts

Sneaky Oliver

Ohhhh the amounts of #1 we already lost! I guess even The Cure could have been #1 on this chart! 

I love that it will make artists to invest in non-US markets as well. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Did you guys really think it through before wanting local platforms included? It only makes sense that a GLOBAL chart only takes streams from GLOBAL platform, like spotify Youtube and apple music. If they take QQ Music for example, which as you said has more registered users than Spotify and is based in China, chinese hits could top the global chart even though no one outside of china may be listening to them because they dont have qq music.

Note that this is coming from someone whl uses a local platform (Anghami). And while its inclusion makes more sense since it tracks all the MENA region and not just one country, it's also not very reflective nor relevant. ROM has accumulated just 1.1M streams in 4 months. Global hit shallow has 7.9M. Even Dynamite by BTS who have many fans here has barely 500K streams. These won't make a dent on a weekly chart.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. But I suppose AM, Spotify and YT are not the only global ones? (Deezer, Tidal etc.) :oprah:

Taylucifer
19 hours ago, littlepotter said:

Did you guys really think it through before wanting local platforms included? It only makes sense that a GLOBAL chart only takes streams from GLOBAL platform, like spotify Youtube and apple music. If they take QQ Music for example, which as you said has more registered users than Spotify and is based in China, chinese hits could top the global chart even though no one outside of china may be listening to them because they dont have qq music.

Note that this is coming from someone whl uses a local platform (Anghami). And while its inclusion makes more sense since it tracks all the MENA region and not just one country, it's also not very reflective nor relevant. ROM has accumulated just 1.1M streams in 4 months. Global hit shallow has 7.9M. Even Dynamite by BTS who have many fans here has barely 500K streams. These won't make a dent on a weekly chart.

yes but then you are also essentially missing millions of people who will feel that their music isn't represented despite it being far more streamed, I get that it doesn't represent the general population but I just know that if I was a local American streaming service which was as big as QQ Music then it would be included:triggered:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Archived