đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard Global 200

Lighter

Featured Posts

pop ate my heart
2 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t understand, if you want to know music outside the US then look at non US charts? again, feels unnecessary but go off

music that's outside the US don't get an OUNCE of the recognition the ones inside it get, since all of radios and streaming platforms around the world will start promoting them more just because they're on the US charts. that's the way it's always been. i thought it was common knowledge lol. artists like the ones we stated before all suffered from this. If you didn't make it to the US charts, you're basically no one to like, half of the world. Kylie Minogue and Ava Max are mostly considered one hit wonders for the gp since they only topped the charts ONCE in the US, when in fact, they've been topping the charts in Europe since forever. and that's just one example.

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CHROMATICON
2 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

so you're ignoring the fact that most people around the world only listen to whatever's on the charts and mold their music taste around it, generally speaking?

Exactly. Their comment seems a bit strange. What's so unnecessary about a global chart? If anything, a global chart will determinate which songs are trully smashes. For example Savage feat. Beyoncé was a hit in the US but nowhere else, yet it is considered a hit because it is known there. This chart will be more fair to global artists. What's wrong with that? 

pop ate my heart
1 minute ago, CHROMATICON said:

Exactly. Their comment seems a bit strange. What's so unnecessary about a global chart? If anything, a global chart will determinate which songs are trully smashes. For example Savage feat. Beyoncé was a hit in the US but nowhere else, yet it is considered a hit because it is known there. This chart will be more fair to global artists. What's wrong with that? 

yeah, why does it bother them so much anyway lol

20 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t understand, if you want to know music outside the US then look at non US charts? again, feels unnecessary but go off

Why tho? You would think having a chart that projects a song’s success around the world is interesting and useful. You can look at other charts but this is for the whole world, not just a specific country. This chart will give some very interesting projections of an artist’s success outside of the US in a very convenient way, without having to just check every country’s chart, and then you have countries like mine that don’t even have an official chart.

Chromatography
32 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

yeah, why does it bother them so much anyway lol

i’m not bothered, i just don’t think it was super necessary.

everyone seems to be bothered about my comment though :billie:

pop ate my heart
32 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i’m not bothered, i just don’t think it was super necessary.

everyone seems to be bothered about my comment though :billie:

don't twist it on us, we're not bothered sis. we were just stating facts and you have no argument for your opinion :billie: it is what it is sis

I really like this concept, especially the way it has two version and no radio. So now we basically have 3 "major" charts: US Hot 100, Global Hot 200 and Outside US Hot 200. (UK Top 100 might be a major too)

Very exciting! :legend:

pop ate my heart
5 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

can we use this as the standard now instead of the hot 100 :vegas:

I think everyone will with time :vegas: ofc there's gonna be some people that won't take it seriously for some weird reason, but that comes with everything new i guess..

MANiCURE1295
59 minutes ago, Runway said:

No one will care about this chart just like no one cares about Rolling Stones chart

LITERALLY what I said earlier, the fact that this chart doesn't even take into account some of the local streaming services IN THESE OTHER COUNTRIES is a huge issue. No one will care about these charts just like no one cares that RS tried to create a chart.:interestinga:

Chromatography
10 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

don't twist it on us, we're not bothered sis. we were just stating facts and you have no argument for your opinion :billie: it is what it is sis

i didn't offer an argument, because i don't have one. i just have a feeling that it isn't super necessary. that's all. you're getting upset over literally nothing.

FentyGa
3 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

LITERALLY what I said earlier, the fact that this chart doesn't even take into account some of the local streaming services IN THESE OTHER COUNTRIES is a huge issue. No one will care about these charts just like no one cares that RS tried to create a chart.:interestinga:

the reason why nobody cared about the rolling stone chart is because it’s the same as the hot 100 just without radio and updated daily, if im not mistaken

the stakes arent as high (since it’s daily and not weekly, easy to get a #1 week of release) AND it’s just another US chart

this is a worldwide chart which is new. it’s an actual quantifier of the best selling songs

MANiCURE1295
4 minutes ago, pop ate my heart said:

I think everyone will with time :vegas: ofc there's gonna be some people that won't take it seriously for some weird reason, but that comes with everything new i guess..

:ladyhaha: Some (myself included) won't take it seriously because it doesn't even include some of the biggest local streaming services in these other countries....seems like they have a lot of work to do to make it seem legit cause right now it seems so randomly rushed and thrown together. I can see the majority of people not even caring about this chart and knowing it exists. Do you think people know about the RS chart and have changed their music listening because of differences between them and Billboard....cause no :huntyga:

Archived