Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard Global 200

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh this is great and I wonder why it didn’t exist yet. And Gaga will definitely benefit from this which is good news, because:

1. While still successful in the US ofc, she’s found more success outside of it lately.

2. Radio doesn’t count and we know her relationship with radio. But she has successfully transitioned into a streaming artist and is doing great with that. 

Why couldn’t this come before Rain On Me was released? :bradley:

MJHolland
10 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

It's not unnecesary at all. Songs are usually considered a success only if they are big hits in the US. These new metrics will be more telling and transparent since it won't count radio spins aka payola. 

9 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

Major local streaming platforms won't be included in the charts

India (Gaana)

China (QQ Music) 

South Korea (MelOn, Genied) 

and others 

If this is true, I don't see how this new chart actually accomplishes rewarding global success

20 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

this feels unnecessary 

life doesn’t revolve in america sis this is necessary! 

TheArcher
13 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

kill this love GIF by BLACKPINK

No, most popular Asia countries listen to music in their local streaming platforms. (Japan, South Korea, India, Saudi Arabia) and of course African countries. 

JusKeepBreathin

I think that because Spotify YouTube and Apple Music are global companies that can provide real-time daily number, it's just easier to amass all that information in a timely manner. It was bound to happen. 

They don't have to wait for shipments and retailers paying for shipment and record companies tallying up those numbers or neilson tallying up those numbers anymore. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

gagaxsebert

And where was this when Shallow had the chance to rule for 374628383 weeks? :interestinga:

Anyways at least it doesn’t make the US the only way to know if a song is successful, realistically 

Used to be HighRoad

JusKeepBreathin
21 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

It's not unnecesary at all. Songs are usually considered a success only if they are big hits in the US. These new metrics will be more telling and transparent since it won't count radio spins aka payola. 

I mean payola is still in the mix because of playlist placements but it's more accurate as far as music consumption. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

pop ate my heart

finally we'll see what REAL success is ;) it's only fair. the ammount of non-US artists that suffered from this US-centric system is unreal. Only one of them being Kylie Minogue her entire career.

I'm not a fan at all, but Ava Max would be very dominant too if they counted European charts earlier. and don't even get me started with Kpop girl groups..

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, pop ate my heart said:

finally we'll see what REAL success is ;) it's only fair. the ammount of non-US artists that suffered from this US-centric system, it's unreal. Only one of them being Kylie Minogue

I'm not a fan at all, but Ava Max would be very dominant too if they counted European charts earlier. and don't even get me started with Kpop girl groups..

And Little Mix. They would have dominated the girl groups for at least ten years now. 

Chromatography
28 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

It feels necessary. We needed a global chart to see how music tastes outside of the USA. 

why do you need a chart to tell you what music to listen to?

Chromatography
12 minutes ago, Skylight said:

life doesn’t revolve in america sis this is necessary! 

i don’t understand, if you want to know music outside the US then look at non US charts? again, feels unnecessary but go off

pop ate my heart
1 minute ago, Chromatography said:

why do you need a chart to tell you what music to listen to?

so you're ignoring the fact that most people around the world only listen to whatever's on the charts and mold their music taste around it, generally speaking?

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

CHROMATICON
7 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

i don’t understand, if you want to know music outside the US then look at non US charts? again, feels unnecessary but go off

It doesn't feel unnecesary AT ALL. Like I explained above, a lot of artists suffer from the US-centric chart system, and songs aren't usually considered smashes if it’s not a smash in the US, not to mention this chart won't count rdio spins, and it's a well known fact that US radio is payola-ridden. 

This chart is both more transparent and it's global. A global chart was long overdue. 

Archived