Watch the official commercial for Voce Viva

Sign in to follow this  
science

Signs of Life Found on Venus

Akiki

Guys. It's some microbes. Nothing new. 

Didn't they found them in the moon, Mars or wtv? 

• LMAO 4
  • Sad 1

DiskoBaby
3 minutes ago, sarahb said:

If scientists ever announce they've definitely discovered life but it's microbial, I'm gonna lose my mind at people that say 'that's it?' :saladga:

It just shows that no matter how tiny and “insignificant” it might be, all life is precious and is worth preserving. 

SHALLOW
Just now, DiskoBaby said:

So of course religion is earth and human centric. 

Yeah, therefore none of it is real. 

Don't you know my a$$ is famous?

M Monstre
7 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Not even the major ones. Please read them again. Of course Christianity would be Earth centric like all religions.

Isn't that the issue though? It's because they're Earth-centric. You can't have something that takes place solely on Earth and that only talks about humans in relation to God with the Earth and then have other living, intelligent beings out there who have absolutely nothing to do with the religion.

5 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Religion won’t go anywhere. If the masses and masses of evidence showing proof of evolution isn’t enough for creationists/other religious people, life in other parts of the universe won’t do anything either! 

I feel like having the existence of intelligent life on other planets would at least do something though. I do agree that evolution should already be enough evidence for people to say, "Hey! This isn't what I was taught in religious ed...", but those people chalk it up to, "Well, you can have God create the world, and then evolution be what took place after that!"

The existence of aliens and other intelligent life forms on other planets would destroy some of the fundamental pillars of some major religions. 

• Love 1

Red
1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

If those little grey aliens choose too

Lemme not reply this with my honest thoughts and turn this thread into something else :billie:

Stream Venus on Apple Music :billie:

says Campbell, chuckling.
  • Thanks 1

dynamite
2 minutes ago, Akiki said:

On the Space Station and yes finding microbes on Venus is new.

Edited by dynamite
Love it when you give me shade in the morning call me neyde

homomo
1 minute ago, Akiki said:

Stop with that mentality.

There has never EVER been life, not even on the smallest scale detected off our planet that didn't come from Earth. The evidence of even microbes on Venus would be groundbreaking.

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 11

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Isn't that the issue though? It's because they're Earth-centric. You can't have something that takes place solely on Earth and that only talks about humans in relation to God with the Earth and then have other living, intelligent beings out there who have absolutely nothing to do with the religion.

I feel like having the existence of intelligent life on other planets would at least do something though. I do agree that evolution should already be enough evidence for people to say, "Hey! This isn't what I was taught in religious ed...", but those people chalk it up to, "Well, you can have God create the world, and then evolution be what took place after that!"

The existence of aliens and other intelligent life forms on other planets would destroy some of the fundamental pillars of some major religions. 

It makes perfect sense. What does the salvation of humans have anything to do with life forms on other planets? Jesus went on the cross to save the sins of humans, why would creatures on Planet X be of any concern to humans?

homomo
7 minutes ago, sarahb said:

If scientists ever announce they've definitely discovered life but it's microbial, I'm gonna lose my mind at people that say 'that's it?' :saladga:

3 minutes ago, Akiki said:

Tiffany Pollard Headache GIF

• LMAO 5
  • Thanks 4

sarahb
1 minute ago, homomo said:

Tiffany Pollard Headache GIF

I laughed when I saw that comment shortly after mine tbh :laughga:

• LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1

RudraCNG

Aside from Gaga jokes, this would be the discovery of the millennium

Spoiler

Sorry, I couldn't resist :saladga:

Edited by RudraCNG
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

GagaEnigma

Miss Gaga ahead of her time, once again. We'll never understand her mind :hor:

• LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

M Monstre
1 minute ago, DiskoBaby said:

It makes perfect sense. What does the salvation of humans have anything to do with life forms on other planets? Jesus went on the cross to save the sins of humans, why would creatures on Planet X be of any concern to humans?

Because if God is all-knowing, all-loving, all-forgiving, etc., why wouldn't he be concerned with other planets and other life forms? If God is the ultimate, supreme ruler of all, why only be concerned with Earth and humans? He has galaxies to love and protect. 

If there are other life forms out there, then why even believe in any religion when you know that your existence isn't all that significant. The reason why religion came into being was because humans thought that they were important enough to have a religion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dynamite

All this religion talk is putting a dampener on the non-fictional discovery that awaits us (:bear:)

Grumpy Cat Annoyed Face GIF

Edited by dynamite
Love it when you give me shade in the morning call me neyde
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3