science

Signs of Life Found on Venus

TheOriginalOne

But are they hunties?

• LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

homomo
3 minutes ago, N a t h a n said:

Nothing there says anything about alien life, lmao it's probably about that careers thing they're tweeting about.

This doesn't scream career opportunity to me

There's an embargo on the news that expires at 4pm uk time. That's why no one related to the study can actually confirm anything until then. For now, it's a rumour, but a highly speculated one.

FFXIV WhiteMage
13 minutes ago, monster said:

Okay but if there is life on venus, can we leave them alone though? like can we NOT bother them..

Nope :huntyga:

As much as I don’t like the idea of invading other planets but it’s the only way to procure large amount of resources for space exploration :fatcat:

And also another habitable planet would mean more survivability for human race. 

Aphrodizy26

imagine we find out aliens are real on venus and it overshadows the rumored 911 drop today so gaga backtracks and announces a special Venus performance somewhere 

Yes

• LMAO 2
  • Love 1

StarstruckIllusion

plssss Venusians gonna be hella mad at in in a few billion years when they find out we’ve been calling their planet uninhabitable trash.

OT: Holy ****. This is huge. I don’t think even Mars has life... just water. Waitttt this is so cool. Aliens secured!!!

Dulo Peep

this is the begginig, this is it guys something is coming

• Like 1

DiskoBaby
9 minutes ago, Red said:

Most of the religions would but some do believe in extraterrestrial life (mine, for example)

There’s no religion or group of religious people that denies the existence of extraterrestrial life.

• Like 1

M Monstre
21 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

No it won’t. No religion ever says the life on other planets isn’t possible. 

Christianity talks about God making man and woman on Earth, and how that was the beginning of everything. Maybe they don't explicitly mention other life outside of that on Earth, but the implication is there. It goes to show you how insignificant you are compared to the rest of the universe.

Most major religions would at the very least be questioned. 

8 minutes ago, Red said:

Most of the religions would but some do believe in extraterrestrial life (mine, for example)

Yeah, I don't mean all religions, but most of the major ones would.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

monster
2 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

Nope :huntyga:

As much as I don’t like the idea of invading other planets but it’s the only way to procure large amount of resources for space exploration :fatcat:

And also another habitable planet would mean more survivability for human race. 

It isn't even possible to do so anyways. We would literally die if we went to Venus lol.

⛧Kein mitleid für die mehrheit⛧

TasteLikeWhiskey
7 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

This is so exciting :pray:

I wouldn’t expect Venus to be habitable. It has afterall the hottest surface temperature in planetary solar system.

From Wikipedia. We tend to think in such short spans of time:bradley:

Recent studies from September of 2019 concluded that Venus may have had surface water and a habitable condition for around 3 billion years and may have been in this condition until 700 to 750 million years ago, if correct this would give life an ample amount of time to evolve.

Do not think I underestimate your great concern
  • Like 1

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Christianity talks about God making man and woman on Earth, and how that was the beginning of everything. Maybe they don't explicitly mention other life outside of that on Earth, but the implication is there. It goes to show you how insignificant you are compared to the rest of the universe.

Most major religions would at the very least be questioned. 

Yeah, I don't mean all religions, but most of the major ones would.

Not even the major ones. Please read them again. Of course Christianity would be Earth centric like all religions.

Edited by DiskoBaby

StarstruckIllusion

It’s so funny to me how science has spent billions looking at far away bodies yet our next door neighbour had the tea... :billie:

(not really lmao they’re kinda either way, but whewww this actually is so cool.) 

Red
Just now, DiskoBaby said:

There’s no religion or group of religious people that denies the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Hmmm I was raised a Catholic and they deny it :emma: 

says Campbell, chuckling.

FFXIV WhiteMage
Just now, monster said:

It isn't even possible to do so anyways. We would literally die if we went to Venus lol.

I know but the idea is to find one. 

JoeMo
31 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I hope I live long enough to see the day where scientists confirm the existence of intelligent life on other planets. Can you imagine what that would do? Religion itself would be demolished...

Religion won’t go anywhere. If the masses and masses of evidence showing proof of evolution isn’t enough for creationists/other religious people, life in other parts of the universe won’t do anything either! 

• Love 1