💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Katy's album expected to drop out of the top 50 in its second week

hankhatesyouall

Featured Posts

I just don't understand what happened to the general public's attitude towards Katy.

They used to love her, now I feel like she doesn't even get a mention when people talk about music.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
22 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

If Gaga ever released this dull of an album i would never forgive her honestly. :lolly:

Y'all say that, but y'all just hate it because it's Katy. That's literally it. I guarantee you that people wouldn't hate the album as much if Gaga released the same thing. It just wouldn't happen.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

hardcore1996

i thought the thread was gonna be called “katys album expected to drop out of the blue” because i forgot she put out an album for a sec

KennyRichie
15 minutes ago, GreenDiamond said:

Promotion was there but no on Spotify, maybe They wasted budget on traditional promo, she had a numerious expensive perfomances and lots of videos, visuals, remixes, interviews we WISH to have a promo like this 

And yeah I think that we expected it to flop but not really to not be able to sell 100k copies in first month cmon, did you really expect it to be this bad? 

Im profoundly shocked

I did expected to go this bad. For me, the music is that bad this time 

The way some of y'all defending and making excuse for a person who refused to testify for Kesha but also fake woke on media on how she supports women is just..., tragic. :billie:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

13 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Y'all say that, but y'all just hate it because it's Katy. That's literally it. I guarantee you that people wouldn't hate the album as much if Gaga released the same thing. It just wouldn't happen.

I mean, of course a Gaga album wouldn't recieve this much hate on a Gaga forum.

I do, however, disagree that it would get rave reviews. People here are pretty critical about Joanne and ARTPOP. Even The Fame and ASIB are treated dismissively from time to time. Chromatica itself, altough generally well recieved, is sometimes called bland and generic etc.

And don't even get me started on commercial performance. There would be MELTDOWNS if any Gaga album sold half of C2C first week, or if the lead single would make PI and Marry The Night look like smashes.

Genuine Guy 09

It's not the worst album ever no, but it's incredibly... basic.

Like what the reviewers said Katy is known for hits. There's none on Smile. The lyrics are cohesive to the point where they literally feel the same and there's no passion behind the words - someone telling you they're not down, things will get better etc in every song is very 'one trick pony' - it's too literal to be classed as a varied body of work.

Sonically on the other hand, is a different story. a lot of the songs are very uncohesive, and I don't know what she's trying to be, it's like the plan is that they're throwing everything out and seeing if it sticks. Teary Eyes is completely different to Resilient for example.

overall the album is OK as a body of work but it's forgettable. That's whst the problem is. Combined with fading star power and the fact she isn't acclaimed, on top of the urban dominated US market its no surprise this album underperformed. This era she showed commitment to fans and that is the most positive thing to come out of this. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

GreenDiamond
24 minutes ago, KennyRichie said:

I did expected to go this bad. For me, the music is that bad this time 

well okay, I appreciate your opinion but there have been far worse albums pulling better numbers if you ask me...

TimisaMonster
6 hours ago, Kindness Ponk said:

Gaga won’t put up such a bland album, deal with it

Joanne says yee haw

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

BeIIadonna
5 hours ago, M Monstre said:

This

FrederickSpears

I bought the album and I'm a fan, but it's a basic album. It's not the greatest but it's good. I skip quite a few tracks though and I don't hear many (if any) hits on the album, either. Honestly I think Katy should just take a break from music, do American Idol and raise her kid and then come back with a better album and a real comeback. She has the hits and classics of her past, so she could always tour like Cyndi Lauper and Paula Abdul do at smaller places or festivals, etc. when the pandemic is over.

FrederickSpears
15 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Her reaction is so sad...like she wasn't expecting that and didn't know what to say

That was sad. I felt bad for her. She literally looked sad and was trying not to act sad. Did that "fan" just go on to try and be a jerk? I don't know what fan would do that tbh. I'd lie to my fave even if I didn't love the song.

flyaway
13 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Smile is pretty much a boring, uneventful album. With Gaga, you may dislike some of the album tracks, but she's never uneventful or boring. Y'all drag Joanne for being tone down and not your type of music, but Joanne is pretty good and it's way more interesting than Smile. 

Gaga would never put out an album like Smile. 

Defmix100
14 hours ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Sonically on the other hand, is a different story. a lot of the songs are very uncohesive, and I don't know what she's trying to be, it's like the plan is that they're throwing everything out and seeing if it sticks. Teary Eyes is completely different to Resilient for example.

This is the only thing I don't see as an issue, Brown Eyes sounds completely different to Poker Face, Dope sounds completely different to Applause, Aura sounds completely different to Fashion!, Stupid Love sounds completely different to Sine From Above. Why would people want every song to sound the same? There's albums I can't listen to like that because I can barely differentiate the tracks in my head since they sound too similar.

Archived