Anveeroy

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

14. Shanti/Ashtangi - 6.43

Highest Score: 10 @lasagna @erotic4

Lowest Score: 0 @Blown Away @Inferno @Pennywise

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Idk about this but I still listen to it

@whoresup Interesting song and definitely fit the vibe of the album but it is one I would skip sometimes. Have to be in the mood to listen to this one.

@HausOfAntonio I never thought I would enjoy this song as much as I do. I’ve listened to it so much I know how to sing it phonetically lol.

@Lionel RonaldoNice experimental. Not the best on the album but still very nice!

@MingersPrayer Controversial at the time and even more so now. If we have perspective though I think this comes from a good place. It’s Madonna showing a true progression and an insight into her world at the time studying Kabbalah and practicing yoga. This is model of the spiritual persutes she alludes to in the previous tracks. I used to skip this song occasionally, especially as a younger person, but now it’s an integral part of the album. If you believe in energetic vibrations having the ability to affect the wider world, this is a practice to creating the world you want to live in. Clever Madge.

@DirrtyPony I don't think I've ever skipped this track. It has such an infectious beat, and the background vocals are addicting.

@Pennywise I feel like I don't really get this song to be honest, but I don't like it. It kinda makes me want to say "what in the colonizer is this".

@Lorde Von Kok Meh-chakalaka.

@Ulisaax640 not a fan

@El Greco Should've been the lead single. Kidding but a bop tho.

@MessyTop Not my cup of tea. A skip

@Brad My least fave from the album but that's still good

@Blown Away I don't like this song at all. She should've recorded it, then listen to it and the discard the song.

Not what I expected

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lorde Von Kok

paris-hilton-drunk.jpg 

I'm ready ! Taking the trash out first !

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Blown Away
28 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Someone sabotaged my South Asian heritage, electric sofa for them 

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

Who would do such a thing? :shocked:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Just now, Blown Away said:

Who would do such a thing? :shocked:

Maybe someone with a Janet Jackson profile pic? 

Dont come to me if I am wrong but there is a 0 with your name ;)

Blown Away
2 minutes ago, Lionel Ronaldo said:

Maybe someone with a Janet Jackson profile pic? 

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF by moodman

Anveeroy

13. Candy Perfume Girl - 7.08

Highest Score: 10 @BadGurlMadge @monster @MingersPrayer @erotic4 @Inferno

Lowest Score: 0 @My Name Isnt Alice 

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Should've been shelved

@whoresup A good song but it has never excited me that much.

@HausOfAntonio I loveeee the weird lyrics. And the production works perfectly with them too.

@Lionel Ronaldo Madonna's voice is sooo lovely here, in the whole album.

@monster Gives me Nirvana vibes, obviously since its very 90's grunge rock inspired

@MingersPrayer A come down from Ray of Light – realigning us to the vibration of the album as a whole. Imagery of flying again which brings us up but there’s a darkness to the production – still dance but more in a grunge direction. It’s one of the more experimental tracks on the album which re-categorized Madonna from a mainstream pop artist to one which fit more into the Maverick family, for example Prodigy. You can really see the influence from British music at this time. I adore the opening imagery “Young velvet porcelain boy” and I thought of this the first time I heard ‘What is feels like for a girl’ from the Music album a few years later. Most of this song isn’t a narrative, it’s separate ideas or visuals. I love the idea of perfume being a “Magic poison”. Can you imagine if this was released today? There would definitely be an Estee Lauder collab with perfume, eye-shadow palette and lip stain.

@heygurlhi bläh

@Pennywise Good production, but boring compared to the rest of the album.

@ChavaWM Production is great, lyrics aren't it

@Lorde Von Kok I liked the outro. Very Alanis Morissette.

@Ulisaax640 I don't really like this one as much.

@El Greco Mixed feelings about this one but never skip it.

@MessyTop Not my favorite but she elevated the song during the DWT

@Brad A vibe

@Blown Away This song is terribly boring. It sounds like a demo version of a demo version of Swim.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Blown Away

I love how this is going. First my 0 (sorry @Aarghya) and now my 2.3 out. Let's hope my three 1's go out next.

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

COMMENTS:

@HausOfAntonio I loveeee the weird lyrics. And the production works perfectly with them too.

@monster Gives me Nirvana vibes, obviously since its very 90's grunge rock inspired

@MingersPrayer A come down from Ray of Light – realigning us to the vibration of the album as a whole. Imagery of flying again which brings us up but there’s a darkness to the production – still dance but more in a grunge direction. It’s one of the more experimental tracks on the album which re-categorized Madonna from a mainstream pop artist to one which fit more into the Maverick family, for example Prodigy. You can really see the influence from British music at this time. I adore the opening imagery “Young velvet porcelain boy” and I thought of this the first time I heard ‘What is feels like for a girl’ from the Music album a few years later. Most of this song isn’t a narrative, it’s separate ideas or visuals. I love the idea of perfume being a “Magic poison”. Can you imagine if this was released today? There would definitely be an Estee Lauder collab with perfume, eye-shadow palette and lip stain.

@heygurlhi bläh

@Brad A vibe

@Blown Away This song is terribly boring. It sounds like a demo version of a demo version of Swim.

Yall very harsh to this track 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

2 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

COMMENTS:

@heygurlhi bläh

@Brad A vibe

Well its not the best but come on.. its not that bad

DirrtyPony

I like the song but it is one of the weaker tracks compared to the rest of the album

Strung out for another taste

Lorde Von Kok

So far soo good ! 

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Archived