Ceremony । Ray of Light । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lorde Von Kok

ANOTHER TASTELESS RESULT

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Just now, MingersPrayer said:

Oh yes... our friends “good lighting and photoshop”

Nooooo that’s actually authentic from the 90’s, if you want a picture from an interview then

d94fcfba220ec651193aefde69376d17.png

OMG YESS. Frozen won as it should!. :party:

Thank you so much @Aarghya for hostinf. Had fun and see you at the next :heart:

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

WINNER - 1. Frozen - 10.23

Highest Score: 11 @whoresup @Lucas @GaGaLB @Lionel Ronaldo @androiduser @heygurlhi @NNES @shoful @Blown Away

Lowest Score:  9 @selenalavigne

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Probably Madge's best song of all time

@whoresup Beautiful and stunning song. Soaring production and lovely vocals with a bit of a haunting edge. It’s so brilliant and genius and might be my fave Madonna song ever.

@BadGurlMadge So beautiful

@HausOfAntonio What a gem.

@lasagna this song gives me depression and i LOVE it

@GaGaLB Highlight of the album

@Lionel RonaldoOne of my favorite madge songs. Her voice the music, outro, message, everything is so beautiful. 11 for me

@monster Love the Sticky and Sweet tour performance of Frozen..

@MingersPrayer I first saw Madonna perform this on the British National Lottery tv show on a Saturday evening as a child in 1998. I was transfixed. I didn’t know what I was seeing but I loved this witch. When I saw the video I was even more confused. It was like Spice Girls ‘Say You’ll Be There’ transformed to night and Madonna emerged with a message of truth. It makes me sad that videos today aren’t of this quality – usually designed for brains that get bored easily and require hand-held reality with quick cuts. I’ll be happy with that aesthetic trend passes. “You are the key” is one of the most transformative moments on this record for me. Taking the power back – this is the antithsis of passive living. We hold what we need inside. The Wizard of Oz is no more – we know the true and Madonna has delivered it. It’s an age old trope but one that serves us well and is good to be reminded of. The ambiguity of this song (which is what makes it such a brilliant pop track) is it could simply be about a love interest. On the other hand, it could be about going inside and opening yourself to the flight of life. “you should know I suffer the same” - Madonna with heart and compassion. Madame X tour version is beautiful too.

@heygurlhi clear winner here

@DirrtyPony Not much to say about this song that hasn't already been said before. There is no song out there like this. Another masterpiece.

@Pennywise I know for a fact that I will regret not giving this song my 11, because it really is THAT good tbh.

@Lorde Von Kok This made my sperms frozen. This transformed my castle onto an ice palace. Even thought this made me freezing cold, I was boiling from inside. Come thru Madge.

@Ulisaax640 Soooooo iconic and beautiful!! one of my favorites 😍

@El Greco My mom lived for this song when I was little. Can't blame her.

@MessyTop Her best first single since Like a Prayer. Adult Madonna at her best. Best video EVER

@Brad CHILLS every time I hear it

@Blown Away There are no words for how great this song is. The mysteriousness this song has is one of its greatest assets. It draws you in and keeps you interested. From the almost cinematic instrumental to the fantastic vocals and the exquisite harmonies in the chorus, everything in this song is beautiful and suits each other perfectly. This song is a one in a lifetime song and my second fave Madge song for a reason.

Knew it 

1 minute ago, Blown Away said:

A short half-time performance

@MingersPrayer This is the performance I was talking about

I thought this was in London but I was also talking about that performance.  You are blown away right?

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

MingersPrayer
1 minute ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Nooooo that’s actually authentic from the 90’s, if you want a picture from an interview then

d94fcfba220ec651193aefde69376d17.png

Ah that’s true 

27a5e779f612394d4cb86ef49765028a.jpg

DirrtyPony

2. Ray Of Light - 9.55

Highest Score: 11 @lasagna @ssslyboy @erotic4 @Lorde Von Kok

Lowest Score:  7 @Creyk

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Perfect pop song.

@whoresup Full of energy and such a great dance song. Again, it’s on the more experimental side but you can still just have a crazy good dance to this.

@HausOfAntonio I mean... no words really.

@lasagna talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, **** on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it.

@Lionel Ronaldo Somehow this song makes me emotional. It is a very beautifyl song, lovely vocals and a very nice instrumental

@monster A few days ago I sang this with my mother in the car.. such a great song.. My favorite version of the song is the Sasha Twilo Mix..

@MingersPrayer I imagine this will win the megarate. Very 90s club vibe. It’s the best known song from the album and of course is anthemic and monumental. Vocally she’s having fun, possibly more than ever before (ref: see the Oprah live performance!!). The imagery is of freedom and flying – a stark contrast to the previous track. In one word, it’s a banger. It’s not just big in Madonna’s career, it helped to shape the music landscape into the new decade. The video is one of the moments that created a new energy. It’s the jewel in Jonas Åkerlund's crown (who we all know for his superb work with Gaga. It’s inspired by Koyaanisqatsi (a must watch by Godfrey Reggio from the 80s). It’s so iconic than even today, 20 years on, shows like Family Guy are parodying the video. Aparently the video took 14 days to make...can you imagine that in 2020? The budget alone would simply not happen today without major product placement. The song itself has grown to become more than just a hit and at the time it was so overplayed that it spoiled the song for me for a period of time. I’m back in love with it but there was a few years where I’d skip this track as it’s so big, so loud, so intense that it overshadowed the more subdude and nuanced moments on the album. Anyone remember the Windows XP ad?? Kind of killed it for me for a short time. Having said that the imagery on this song is equisite. The “tears of mourning sink beneath the sun” give us an uplift of optimism and “Waiting for the time when Earth shall be as one” have a broad and forward thinking approach. Damn....I’m still waiting for that time. But who knows, maybe the revelations of 2020 will help us inch towards that state.

@heygurlhi insertt peter griffin ray of light here

@Pennywise This song is why this album gives me whiplash because it starts so slow and nice and THEN IT'S LIKE AND I FEEL LIKE I JUST GOT HOME, AND I-

@Lorde Von Kok This song saved my life, literally.

@El Greco By this stage, I'm feeling very chill. My mind is disconnected from reality. Just dance, gonna be okay.

@MessyTop Masterpiece. A classic. Iconic. Ahead of her time. Best lyrics

@Brad The ENERGY. The LYRICS. It's amazing.

@Blown Away I love this song, it's so chaotic but in a good way. The jolt of energy this album needed.

OOF.

Frozen winning a Ray Of Light megarate. Groundbreaking.

Strung out for another taste

MingersPrayer
Just now, Lionel Ronaldo said:

I thought this was in London but I was also talking about that performance.  You are blown away right?

I may never recover

Blown Away
Just now, Lionel Ronaldo said:

That's a way to put it :hor:

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Lorde Von Kok

Love ya @Lorde Von Kok

:kara: 

Frozen is worthy of a win, for sure. I was rooting for Ray of Light though :toofunny:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Archived