Ceremony । Ray of Light । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DirrtyPony
1 minute ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

As long as Drowned World and Ray are top 3, we're good ladies.

When-Someone-Actually-Proves-You-Wrong.g

Strung out for another taste

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

Where's Kim?

Probably peeping at that Chris Evans nude :poot:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Blown Away
2 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

As long as Drowned World and Ray are top 3, we're good ladies.

No Way Do Not Want GIF

That would mean either Frozen or The Power Of Good-Bye would miss the top 3. Not on my watch!

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Anveeroy

9. To Have And Not To Hold - 8

Highest Score: 11 @Creyk @BadGurlMadge

Lowest Score: 1 @My Name Isnt Alice

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Skip

@whoresup Trancey and beautiful, this is another gorgeous slower song.

@BadGurlMadge I love this so much

@HausOfAntonio Haunting.

@Lionel Ronaldo I really love this song. Its so nice to listen to. Very nice way to sing it.

@monster Probably my third favorite song off the album.. sooo good.

@MingersPrayer The highlight of this song for me is “Like a moth to a flame, Only I am to blame”. I’ve witnessed myself in this situation many times before. It takes repeatition to learn lessons. Something I always find helpful is to ask ‘what’s my part in it’ - in all situations and this brings that reflection to the fore. I read somewhere once that what Madonna thinks she does best is ‘simplicity’. Boiling down a complex message to something striaght forward. At her worst moments, that results in major basic bitch lyrics. But on this song (and album) it’s the perfect nuance. “The object of your desire, I'm walking on a wire, And there's no one at all, To break my fall” we all know what she means, we all see the mental picture and many of us will know that feeling. But will we learn from it? I think we find out in the next track.

@Pennywise The blend of languages really work in this one.

@Lorde Von Kok I liked the chorus.

@Ulisaax640 i love these vibes. especially her voice its soo soothing.

@El Greco It reminds me of a 10 year old listening in a cd player.

@BradSuch a mood, lovely lyrics.

@Blown Away This song has that warm earthy vibe again and her vocals reflect that perfectly. This isn't anything groundbreaking but it is a nice song to listen to.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Just now, Aarghya said:

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Skip

@HausOfAntonio Haunting.

@Lionel Ronaldo I really love this song. Its so nice to listen to. Very nice way to sing it.

@MingersPrayer The highlight of this song for me is “Like a moth to a flame, Only I am to blame”. I’ve witnessed myself in this situation many times before. It takes repeatition to learn lessons. Something I always find helpful is to ask ‘what’s my part in it’ - in all situations and this brings that reflection to the fore. I read somewhere once that what Madonna thinks she does best is ‘simplicity’. Boiling down a complex message to something striaght forward. At her worst moments, that results in major basic bitch lyrics. But on this song (and album) it’s the perfect nuance. “The object of your desire, I'm walking on a wire, And there's no one at all, To break my fall” we all know what she means, we all see the mental picture and many of us will know that feeling. But will we learn from it? I think we find out in the next track.

@Blown Away This song has that warm earthy vibe again and her vocals reflect that perfectly. This isn't anything groundbreaking but it is a nice song to listen to.

I spoke too early I think

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice Skip

@HausOfAntonio Haunting.

Deserved top 5 

MingersPrayer
2 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Probably peeping at that Chris Evans nude :poot:

I found the nude to be very disappointing 

10 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

10. Mer Girl - 7.88

Highest Score: 11 @Inferno @Towelney @Brad

Lowest Score: 0 @heygurlhi

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice skip

@whoresup Stunning and haunting. I really try and hone in on the lyrics with this one and listen to the story.

@HausOfAntonio I remember being really scared of this as a kind lol. I’ve grown to appreciate it though.

@Inferno probably in my top 10 of madonna all time, i love its minimalism. not much to say

@Lionel Ronaldo Not the best but still very good.

@monster Haunting.. so haunting..

@MingersPrayer This is sparse and eerie. A learning is being shared. Her Cathlocism is present here (as with all the tracks) and of course it reminds me of the scene from Truth or Dare at her mothers grave. I read Christopher Ciconnes book and he retells that story. This seems like a different Madonna. There are so many visuals on this that I relate to “Hid my tears, hid my fears” - story of my bloody life - “the earth took me in her arms” in my better moments of connection - “I ran and I ran, I'm looking there still” - the reason I find the theraputic process frustrating yet reassuring. Then finally, a bleak but honest confession “I ran, and I ran. I'm still running away”. It cuts deep. This isn’t an easy track but it’s one of the most necessary. Strange to think this is the last message we get from Madonna until we hear “Music” from “Music” in 2000 (unless you count Beautiful Stranger and American Pie). Another transformation is in process.

@DirrtyPony This track is such a unique experience. Truly paints a picture of her story perfectly. It feels like I'm lucid dreaming.

@Pennywise More spoken word than it is a song, BUT THE LYRICS ARE ****ING INSANE LIKE WHAT. THEY ARE SO GOOD. WHEN SHE SAID "MY MOTHER WHO HAUNTS ME, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S GONE" I FELT THAT. This song is giving me all the feels and while objectively I cannot give it an 11 as a song, I REALLY want to. Like, I truly get what she's saying in this, because I often feel the same. The exact same feeling.

@Lorde Von Kok MY WIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The storytelling, ...Taylor could never !!

@MessyTop A highlight in her discography. poetic and magnetic

@Brad My FAVORITE track on the album. The lyrics. The composition. It's perfect in my eyes.

@Blown Away This is a total borefest, I just woke up and now I feel like I need to go back to bed. The soft acapella ending is a nice touch though, the perfect way to end the album.

I hate it here :selena:

#𝟏 𝐁𝐢𝐎𝐍𝐢𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍

Pennywise
1 minute ago, MingersPrayer said:

I mean, still more than we deserve :flop:

Blown Away
Just now, MingersPrayer said:

Me too. I expected a big donkey judging by the Twitter comments, only to see... that

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Archived