Ceremony । Ray of Light । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
Just now, Aarghya said:

@Pennywise More spoken word than it is a song, BUT THE LYRICS ARE ****ING INSANE LIKE WHAT. THEY ARE SO GOOD. WHEN SHE SAID "MY MOTHER WHO HAUNTS ME, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S GONE" I FELT THAT. This song is giving me all the feels and while objectively I cannot give it an 11 as a song, I REALLY want to. Like, I truly get what she's saying in this, because I often feel the same. The exact same feeling.

GROUP HUG @Pennywise :heart:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy
Just now, whoresup said:

Chris Evans pic leaked? Dreams do come true...

Wait it just looks like a shadow 

Apparently, a glimpse :lolly: 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

1 minute ago, Blown Away said:

You know me so well darling :hor: I've become predictable

I mean we been doing these ceremonies for a while now ;)

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

Pennywise
Just now, Aarghya said:

10. Mer Girl - 7.88

Highest Score: 11 @Inferno @Towelney @Brad

Lowest Score: 0 @heygurlhi

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice skip

@whoresup Stunning and haunting. I really try and hone in on the lyrics with this one and listen to the story.

@HausOfAntonio I remember being really scared of this as a kind lol. I’ve grown to appreciate it though.

@Inferno probably in my top 10 of madonna all time, i love its minimalism. not much to say

@Lionel Ronaldo Not the best but still very good.

@monster Haunting.. so haunting..

@MingersPrayer This is sparse and eerie. A learning is being shared. Her Cathlocism is present here (as with all the tracks) and of course it reminds me of the scene from Truth or Dare at her mothers grave. I read Christopher Ciconnes book and he retells that story. This seems like a different Madonna. There are so many visuals on this that I relate to “Hid my tears, hid my fears” - story of my bloody life - “the earth took me in her arms” in my better moments of connection - “I ran and I ran, I'm looking there still” - the reason I find the theraputic process frustrating yet reassuring. Then finally, a bleak but honest confession “I ran, and I ran. I'm still running away”. It cuts deep. This isn’t an easy track but it’s one of the most necessary. Strange to think this is the last message we get from Madonna until we hear “Music” from “Music” in 2000 (unless you count Beautiful Stranger and American Pie). Another transformation is in process.

@DirrtyPony This track is such a unique experience. Truly paints a picture of her story perfectly. It feels like I'm lucid dreaming.

@Pennywise More spoken word than it is a song, BUT THE LYRICS ARE ****ING INSANE LIKE WHAT. THEY ARE SO GOOD. WHEN SHE SAID "MY MOTHER WHO HAUNTS ME, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S GONE" I FELT THAT. This song is giving me all the feels and while objectively I cannot give it an 11 as a song, I REALLY want to. Like, I truly get what she's saying in this, because I often feel the same. The exact same feeling.

@Lorde Von Kok MY WIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The storytelling, ...Taylor could never !!

@MessyTop A highlight in her discography. poetic and magnetic

@Brad My FAVORITE track on the album. The lyrics. The composition. It's perfect in my eyes.

@Blown Away This is a total borefest, I just woke up and now I feel like I need to go back to bed. The soft acapella ending is a nice touch though, the perfect way to end the album.

@heygurlhi send your address pls I just want to talk :triggered:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

MingersPrayer
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

@Pennywise More spoken word than it is a song, BUT THE LYRICS ARE ****ING INSANE LIKE WHAT. THEY ARE SO GOOD. WHEN SHE SAID "MY MOTHER WHO HAUNTS ME, EVEN THOUGH SHE'S GONE" I FELT THAT

Truth

1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

10. Mer Girl - 7.88

Highest Score: 11 @Inferno @Towelney @Brad

Lowest Score: 0 @heygurlhi

COMMENTS:

@My Name Isnt Alice skip

@whoresup Stunning and haunting. I really try and hone in on the lyrics with this one and listen to the story.

@HausOfAntonio I remember being really scared of this as a kind lol. I’ve grown to appreciate it though.

@Inferno probably in my top 10 of madonna all time, i love its minimalism. not much to say

@Lionel Ronaldo Not the best but still very good.

@monster Haunting.. so haunting..

@MingersPrayer This is sparse and eerie. A learning is being shared. Her Cathlocism is present here (as with all the tracks) and of course it reminds me of the scene from Truth or Dare at her mothers grave. I read Christopher Ciconnes book and he retells that story. This seems like a different Madonna. There are so many visuals on this that I relate to “Hid my tears, hid my fears” - story of my bloody life - “the earth took me in her arms” in my better moments of connection - “I ran and I ran, I'm looking there still” - the reason I find the theraputic process frustrating yet reassuring. Then finally, a bleak but honest confession “I ran, and I ran. I'm still running away”. It cuts deep. This isn’t an easy track but it’s one of the most necessary. Strange to think this is the last message we get from Madonna until we hear “Music” from “Music” in 2000 (unless you count Beautiful Stranger and American Pie). Another transformation is in process.

@DirrtyPony This track is such a unique experience. Truly paints a picture of her story perfectly. It feels like I'm lucid dreaming.

@Lorde Von Kok MY WIG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The storytelling, ...Taylor could never !!

@MessyTop A highlight in her discography. poetic and magnetic

@Brad My FAVORITE track on the album. The lyrics. The composition. It's perfect in my eyes.

@Blown Away This is a total borefest, I just woke up and now I feel like I need to go back to bed. The soft acapella ending is a nice touch though, the perfect way to end the album.

@Blown Away is happy now

Blown Away
Just now, Lionel Ronaldo said:

@Blown Away is happy now

Now one more,but that one will be controversial. I can feel the backlash already.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Just now, Blown Away said:

Now one more,but that one will be controversial. I can feel the backlash already.

Is it rol?

Pennywise
Just now, Blown Away said:

It's what you deserve :triggered:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Lorde Von Kok

As long as Drowned World and Ray are top 3, we're good ladies.

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Blown Away
1 minute ago, Lionel Ronaldo said:

Is it rol?

Maybe :teehee:

1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

It's what you deserve :triggered:

For having good taste?

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Archived