💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

So have y’all seen the cuties movie?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

36 minutes ago, Enzo said:

I saw some scenes on Twitter and gurl :awkney:

I get the message, like they are trying to acknowledge the hyper sexualization of girls 

And how do they do it? Hyper sexualizating minors in the movie :neyde:

It doesn't sit right with me putting those girls on such uncomfortable position, especially knowing how the internet works 

Truth is, this movie should've been a book, it should not be visual. Certain things cannot be visual 

elijahfan

I haven’t seen the film, but it seems like this is getting blown out of proportion. At the end of the day, what’s important is the director’s intention, and I don’t believe her intention ever was what she’s being accused of. I wish we lived in a world where people were able to differentiate fiction and reality, unfortunately the average Netflix user has a very low threshold for tough social subjects treated in uncompromising ways. The end result is most definitely uncomfortable to watch on purpose. I think it was a mistake to put the film on this particular platform in this day & age, but in the end this is giving it a huge amount of unsolicited promo. It’s reaching a type of audience that would’ve never ever heard of it in other circumstances, and this type of audience is just not necessarily the most ideal for this content...

Franch Toast

I have no interest. I don't care what the director's intention was: I don't wish to watch underage girls showing off their breasts and genitals and behaving in an overtly sexualized manner. 

She/Her/Hers

On September 11, 2020 at 3:38 PM, elijahfan said:

I haven’t seen the film, but it seems like this is getting blown out of proportion. At the end of the day, what’s important is the director’s intention, and I don’t believe her intention ever was what she’s being accused of. I wish we lived in a world where people were able to differentiate fiction and reality, unfortunately the average Netflix user has a very low threshold for tough social subjects treated in uncompromising ways. The end result is most definitely uncomfortable to watch on purpose. I think it was a mistake to put the film on this particular platform in this day & age, but in the end this is giving it a huge amount of unsolicited promo. It’s reaching a type of audience that would’ve never ever heard of it in other circumstances, and this type of audience is just not necessarily the most ideal for this content...

I just finished watching it and I pretty much agree with everything you said. I had a suspicion this would be the case based on the trailer, but I did want to withhold judgment until I saw the whole thing.

I will say it's a little more than just intent for me; it's intent + execution. In terms of the execution of the more provocative scenes, I do think it was filmed in a way that made it very apparent what the intent of the movie was (i.e. it was not "sexy" or portrayed in a positive light). If anything, people are going to see what they want to see out of it. If you want to see a movie promoting p*dophilia (a massive stretch imo- a film depicting something =/= promoting it), then I guess you will. I wanted to see a movie exploring the effect of hyper-sexualized imagery in internet and pop culture, so I saw kids playing around in ways they didn't understand were inappropriate.

Also I'm willing to bet one of the reasons this is getting so much attention is because all of the QAnon child trafficking conspiracies lately. Otherwise it would have probably ended up like every other film festival indie drama- potentially semi-controversial among people who are used to seeing taboo topics explored in film while the rest of the world is oblivious to its existence. 

Edited just now by anonanon

9 minutes ago, anonanon said:

I just finished watching it and I pretty much agree with everything you said. I had a suspicion this would be the case based on the trailer, but I did want to withhold judgment until I saw the whole thing.

I will say it's a little more than just intent for me; it's intent + execution. In terms of the execution of the more provocative scenes, I do think it was filmed in a non-gratuitous way that made it very apparent what the intent of the movie was. If anything, people are going to see what they want to see out of it. If you want to see a movie promoting p*dophilia (a massive stretch imo- a film depicting something =/= promoting it), then I guess you will. I wanted to see a movie exploring the effect of hyper-sexualized imagery in internet and pop culture, so I saw kids playing around in ways they didn't understand were inappropriate.

Also I'm willing to bet one of the reasons this is getting so much attention is because all of the QAnon child trafficking conspiracies lately. Otherwise it would have probably ended up like every other film festival indie drama- potentially semi-controversial among people who are used to seeing taboo topics explored in film while the rest of the world is oblivious to its existence. 

You know the director and many people behind this have pdf file behavior, right? 

2 minutes ago, Vergil said:

You know the director and many people behind this have pdf file behavior, right? 

Care to send a link? Maïmouna Doucouré's wiki is fairly blank and most of the articles I saw about her are talking about how the film was inspired partly by her own experiences as a pre-teen.

Edited just now by anonanon

DiskoBaby

I watched this today. Nope my opinion hasn’t changed. I don’t care what the intention was, the execution is absolutely disgusting. I cringed so hard during so many scenes. This is not blown out of proportion and you don’t need to watch the whole movie to feel outraged.

I watched it, read the reviews, watched the interviews. Burn this movie in a fire I won’t be supporting Netflix anymore.

Born This Way

No. I don't care if it was made with good intentions, it's just gross to watch and I do not care to see that.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

1 hour ago, anonanon said:

Care to send a link? Maïmouna Doucouré's wiki is fairly blank and most of the articles I saw about her are talking about how the film was inspired partly by her own experiences as a pre-teen.

I can’t find an English source since it was an article in Spanish on my twitter feed.

edit: I should add that it is the producer who has the most sketchy behavior. He sexualized minors in other films and even went as far as to say that “Love has no age”. Erm with his background we all know what he meant

Archived