💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Chromatica : A visual album (Fan concept)

Esteban

Featured Posts

Hi everybody ! :party:
 I live for Chromatica, it brings me so much vivid images. I think it's really a cinematographic album and it could be easily a visual album. When I listen to it, I can picture atmospheres, aesthetics, influences and storyline. So I tried to express what I imagine the best I could (and the shorter I could :toofunny:).
For each song, there is a little scenario with my main ideas and a moodboard (except for interludes). I tried to follow a story too, I hope it's understandable and that you gonna like it ;)

*Some mv follow a main timeline, some not and are more independent
*Song structures on Chromatica are different than classic pop songs because there is often a "drop" that can be seen as a chorus but prechorus can be seen as chorus too, so that "drop" is a post-chorus? Part of the chorus? (Rain On me, Enigma, Replay, 1000 Doves, Sine From Above). I tried to be clear about that in the descriptions, but maybe I'm not sometimes.

*English isn't my native language so be indulgent please

Chromatica I 

Spoiler

This is the discovery of Chromatica. Gaga walks peacefully in the fields, we see other planets in a multicolored sky, we see little unknown birds. Sun is rising, it's like a new breathing, a new birth , It's an epic but bucolic, fragile and melancholic introduction. It's filmed like the beginning of a sci-fi blockbuster.

Alice

Spoiler

01-Alice.jpg

It's a constant fall, a constant race where she fights about finding peace.

Chorus: We are in the "real" world, Gaga runs in the street, there is people chasing her. It's a futuristic city, like Hong Kong with pink and purple neon lights everywhere.
Verse: We see flash-backs of the life of her character (prostitution, rape, different kind of abuse in sordid parties...)
Pre chorus: She keeps running, she is about to fade "tired of screaming", close up shot on her face, and during this little floating time, a car crushes her, she falls on a vulgar sewer grate which turns into the Sine sign, its almost like the cover of the album. The Sine is shining.
Chorus: She falls into the sine (the rabbit hole) where everything is pink. There is a lot of textures and psychedelic effects.
Bridge: She falls violently on the floor (she definitly is not Alice :bear:), there is a choreography with rabbit robots trying to grab her, she is about to be submerged BUT
Chorus (the soft beginning) : She remembers the beauty of Chromatica (what we saw in Chromtica I), there is flashbacks.
Chorus (next): Then, a path appears and she runs in the woods with a new hope, "take me home..."
At the end the pink tribe rescue her. The trip into her mindspace begins.

Free Woman

Spoiler

04-Free-Woman.jpg

The MV seems to take place in the same city we see in "Rain on me" but after the rain. This is a "solarpunk" city of glass, cyber, with a 00's trance video clip vibe. Everything is blue and silver. Obviously this video is about freedom, transformation and women empowerment.

Verse I: There are women trapped into bubbles, gaga free them "be free" making explodes the bubbles during her walk though the streets. She appears happy and confident.
Chorus and drop: She sings the chorus and, as she walks confidently, she is transforming into different creatures. This is mythological but futuristic hybrids (metallic elements for example), and it can't stop changing of shapes. It's like a constant metamorphosis. (mermaid, centaur, unicorn, faun, sphinx, harpy...) like a wave of transformations which fits the musicality of the "drop".
Verse II: She is in an underwater club, there is a “Wipeout” video game vibe. People are dancing, partying and slowly she become the main focus.
Pre chorus: Classic slow motion like in the 00's music videos with arms movements and hair in the wind, she starts levitating.
Chorus until the end: She sings the chorus in the club while levitating addressing to all women, and she leads all of them, they go outside, they run while doing little dances and everybody is metamorphosing, its like an orgy of shapes, visually like a firework or a fountain.

Fun Tonight

Spoiler

05-Fun-Tonight.jpg

Is inspired by the story behind "Fun Tonight", with her smoking alone on her porch. It's a walk on the path of pride, peace and acceptance. Every rebirth needs a fire.

Verse I until chorus: She is at a party surrounded by people, but we see she feels alone. There is space around her, and slowly there is a little "fish eye". Then she sits on stairs outside smoking her cigarette and light slowly fade away, everything is full black except a little orange halo around her.
"I'm not having fun tonight". Close up shot on her sad face in the dark.
Verse II until chorus: She stands up and walks in the dark, she is in a dark and scary forest. As she walks she begins to dance (like a pagan dance) and there is little sparkles around her, then graphic little flames.
Bridge until the end: She does a choreo ala Maddie Ziegler (Sia), she slowly starts to burn, the forest appears warmer because of the light which become brighter. She is literally on fire, like a human phoenix and the febrile dance of the beginning become a joyful race. (She is in flame and surrounded by fire but the forest don't burn.).
It turns so bright that everything turns white (flash white screen). And she is sit like at the beginning, but peacefully in a Chromatica field. “I'm not having fun tonight” but with a little discrete smile.

Chromatica II

Spoiler

Gaga stills lying on the Sine (see the beginning of Alice), there is pink blood coming from her ears, she is suffering, then we enter in her brain (like a tunnel), following the pink blood.

Spoiler

07-911.jpg

"Upside down" and nervous movements of camera. Gaga is in a modular synthetizers maze, it looks like a data center mixed with a mirror maze. It's a representation of her internal system.

Verse I: A robotic Gaga face herself in the mirror, she seems to threat herself, there is a kaleidoscope effect and then a fractal of herself
 She runs in the modular system maze (which is a tribute to the musical production too)
Prechorus: Gaga is slowly drowning in a cube of red water, we see her dancing in the maze too. Then, there is close up shot on her, she pops a pill, we see a hand cutting wires, she breathes, is relieved and smiles.
Chorus: Gaga dances like a disjointed puppet in a padded asylum pink cell. At the end of the chorus a pill appears on an old computer screen and turns into a cute skull.
Verse II: Back to the maze, she is pursued by "olds herself", then, she enters into a mirror palace.
Prechorus: We are in a circular room full of mirrors, she is surrounded by olds Gagas stuck in the mirrors. There is a circular camera movement (circular travelling) which become faster and faster, She pops a "brain" pill, a kite is flying, a pink candy brain explodes like a bubble gum.
Chorus: There is a side camera movement (side travelling) on the different old gaga's faces in the mirrors, they are singing one sentence or a word, then, at the end of the chorus, all the mirrors explode.
Bridge: Gaga at the center of the room, covered of glass fragments, we see her from above. A bright gaga goddess open a door, come to her and put a love pill in her mouth (jerky images as the rythm accelerates like a stroboscopic effect).
Chorus: The maze is about to be destroyed, there are red lights and an alarm , she tries to find her way out, we see her dancing in the pink room too.
Post chorus: She follows love pills on the floor like Hansel & Gretel, and she finds a light at the end of the maze.

Plastic Doll

Spoiler

08-Plastic-Doll.jpg

Aesthetic: Retro futuristic, 80's, "Mars Attack" mixed with "Barbarella" and a classic Lana Del Rey's mv.

Verse I: "The Construction". Some guys in a retro sci-fi lab are around a bed where gaga is lying. They put wires on her, they test her with machines, computers, she seems to be half human half robot.
Prechorus: She is sat on her bed, discovering her body and her mind, we see real archives of Gaga in between.
Chorus: She dances alone in the laboratory with scalpels and dangerous medical items.
Verse II: "Industry party". She is very glamour, she is there as a potiche (kind of bimbo) with rich men, everybody wants a piece of her, there are some camera shots on hungry old men's faces "Am I your type?".
Prechorus: Then, there is an “uncanny valley” moment, there is a big shot on her face, she is like on a floating instant (she doesn't seem to understand anything) and she cuts herself in front of everyone and exposes her wires with her hands, she looks crazy and lost.
Chorus: We see her bleeding and sparkling at the party while she is doing her choreo like a fool, everybody is scared, it's an awkward and embarrassing moment.
Bridge: She appears as a classic retro barbie Malibu girl, she is walking near to beach with a tiny dog in her purse. She removes her sunglasses, stares at the crowd. There is a close up shot on her tiny dog during the “scream”.
Chorus: Weapons pop out of her like a mecha (retro manga vibe) and she shoots down everyone during her furious walk while she is smiling like a crazy robot. At the end she flies in the sky (to Chromatica?).

Sour Candy

Spoiler

09-Sour-Candy.jpg

There is a strong magical girls (Sailor moon, Sakura card captor) influence. It's a video about power of women, charm and sexuality, with a lot of visual analogies.

Verse "BlackPink": BlackPink members sing, each one is dressed in a different color (different tribes) like in sailor moon. They are in an angelic place, in the clouds, surrounded by men. They do a little cute and childish choreo.
Chorus "Gaga": The place turns green and purple. We see a venomous Gaga-Mantis on a throne, there is living toxic flowers with attractive colors everywhere.
Verse "Gaga": There is hungry "Stupid Love" traps opening and closing as she walks like she was voguing and spreads her spores, men fall when she passes.
Chorus "Gaga": A man is attracted to Gaga as she is undressing like a flower (her dress is like composed of petals) and reveals her insectoid appearance. Then, black screen, jump scare on gaga's face ready to eat.
Verse "Blackpink": They are flying in the clouds at night, its well lighted because its full moon (power of feminity). Then Gaga joins them with a little blood on her lips. They laugh. And they do a kinda flying choreo. Final shot with "Stupid Love"'s trap closing with fluorescent slime on it.

Enigma

Spoiler

10-Enigma.jpg

Enigma can be seen as a sci-fi gangster short movie with a serious disco vibe.

Verse I and prechorus: We're back with the kindness punk tribe in the desert, sun is rising, there is a peaceful feeling, hope. They are sleeping on each other like a pack. Gaga is already awake, staring at the sun. Slowly, things are moving around her, people are activating.
Chorus: Metallic outfit comes around gaga and wrapped her. Her crew appears slowly behind her they look like a classy gang.
Chorus Drop: That's night, they walk to a huge tower lost in the desert, like a sci-fi Vegas. We see different tribes on their way too. They are all dressed as gangsters but with colored suits to fit the tribes. There is a futuristic colorful prohibition era vibe.
Verse II and prechorus: We are at the party, each tribe stare to each others, pink tribe want to heal tensions between tribes. They play poker and drink together. Gaga and her crew start to dance, and we see guns appearing under tables of the other tribes, tension is escalating
Chorus : There is a gunfight, each gun is colored like the tribe and shoot colored lasers. So it looks like disco lights and Gaga and her crew keeps dancing when people are shot. So that, sometimes, we don't know if people are dancing or if they are fighting.
Bridge: Kindness punks keep dancing, unbothered, there is pink love waves emanating from them.
Last chorus: Everybody is dancing together on the dancefloor.

Replay

Spoiler

11-Replay.jpg

We are at a foggy party with kinda Lynch's photography. Everything is turning, glittering, flashing. There is a spooky vibe, like a disco party under morphine with ghosts. The concept of Replay is like there is a missing image in her mind, she replays it until we discover it.

Verse I: Gaga is at a party, lost, we can't see faces of people because they are blurry.
Prechorus "I don't know what to do": She has flashes of some of her traumas, and we see things from her real life while the camera turns around the room. Some faces in the crowd seem to glitch into monstrosities, but very quickly. It looks a bit like "spirit photography" (19th century, wiki if you are interested).
Chorus "Drop": She is taken in the dance, everybody makes her turn like in a waltz and gives her to another person (we see from the above). There is stroboscopic glittering lights, reminding disco balls.
Verse II and prechorus: She is in an exaggerated compact crowd, she seems to dig into them to move, images are jerky. People are masked.
Chorus "Drop": Waltz again (On Replay) with some real world images interfering into her mind (a sewer grate, pink liquid, a street).
Bridge: She is falling very slowly into the fog, there are shapes like ghosts into the smoke wrapping her delicately. We see more and more images of the real world, and we slowly understand that she is dying (the pink liquid turns red on some frames for example) in the streets of the "real world". During the "you have the gun" part, Chromatica and real world are stroboscoping, she is between two worlds, and we see two images alternating faster and faster like a glitch, and we can imagine her body with blood everywhere, but we never clearly see the image (Missing image, Unheimliche).
Last chorus: She stays on Chromatica and decides to dance, enraged, with ghosts and monsters. All the room is now full of dead people and we see them clearly. We can clearly see the image of her, dead, a half second during the "it's me" glitch during the last chorus too.

Chromatica III

Spoiler

Gaga is on the Sine, covered with white ashes, everything become white, there is a quiet thunder around her, she stands up, all white, and walks slowly in direction of the thunderstorm, under the rain.

Sine From Above

Spoiler

13-Sine-From-Above.jpg

It's a celebration of the death, in Chromatica when we die we return to the core of the sound. This MV represents this moment. If white is all the colors maybe silence is all the sounds ? So what's death except a white silence?

*Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I cut the song: prechoruses start at “yeah I looked” and choruses start at “I heard one sine”

Verse I: She walks, climbs, naked, covered in white ashes with red painted symbols on her in a white desert until a huge red Sine sign on the ground. There are white mountains nearby too.
Prechorus: She does a ritual, weird dance.
Chorus: Slowly a storm with little lightning bolts appears like a halo around her and the Sine and gains power.
Drop: She does a tribal dance and there is a synesthesia between the shapes of the thunderstorm and EDM music.
Verse II: Elton is in a white cave which looks like a mineral church. He is all white too (and naked :staymad:) and has white eyes (he is blind because he is part of the sound, he doesn't need eyes anymore) and he plays an unknown sci-fi instrument. Each time Gaga sings she appears slightly like a ghost next to him.
Chorus: Gaga is into the Sine circle and look up to the sky, thunderstorm become bigger and bigger.
Drop: Same synesthesia effects but amplified, we see Elthon playing his strange instrument too.
Post chorus: The musical wind (the sine) is swiping away everything, the Sine on the ground, the rocks, and even Gaga, she become part of the sound. We see particles floating, then nothing, silence. Just a white desert.

1000 Doves

Spoiler

1000-Pigeons.jpg

It's her "out of body experience", we see her over the sea. It's a contemplative MV. With no storyline. We don't see her, because she is the wind, so we follow her point of view. We mostly see oceans but also wildlife, it's a tribute to nature. A return to our roots. But, because we are on Chromatica there is some colored filters, we see other planets in the sky and some things (like animals or clouds) have a different color. There is a seapunk vibe too. The movement of the camera is like a wave or a flying and follows the sound.

Babylon

Spoiler

15-Babylon.jpg

Babylon looks like what we can imagine of that mythic city, this is a fun MV with mostly looks and dance.

Verse I: She arrives to Babylon (Paradise?). We see that the Babel tower is stills in construction and is higher because tribes are reunited. People warmly welcome her, give her flowers, they do little charming dances. She walks through luxurious gardens.
Chorus: People dance in the gardens
Post chorus: Antic voguing battle with props (like bows, crowns, plants) in the garden, they climb stairs of the palace while voguing.
Verse II: We push the doors of the palace, there is a choir, ancient instruments, people lying on fur, eating grapes, making love.. All the peplum clichés that you can imagine.
Chorus: Gaga is now dressed like a goddess and starts to dance
Post chorus: Voguing battle with Gaga in it, it looks like a fashion catwalk.
Last chorus to the end: We see images from previous music videos (fast) as the palace changes slowly, we remark for example that there is a live band on a modern stage, we recognize Gaga's staff partying, everybody is dressed more "normally", everything looks more and more real. It's alsmost like a live video. At the end Gaga pushes a door and she is in her backstage room.

So, are Chromatica and Earth the same place? Was it just a dream? Is she really dead? Does death imitates life? Does paradise is on earth? What is the real world after all of this? It doesn't matter, everything or nothing is real, it depends of what meaning you give to it. This trip was a healing, it was the experimentation of a full life circle with it's fantasies, fights, fears and dreams. It's a death, a rebirth or both, it depends on you.

What do you think about it? What's your favorite concept or visuals? Do you have similar ideas? Totally different ideas? 
Feel free to share your opinion, your ideas and inspirations I'm curious to see what people have in their mind :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pennywise
18 minutes ago, Esteban said:

01-Alice.jpg

Why is there a hole pic :messga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Red Velvet
24 minutes ago, Esteban said:

They do a little cute and childish choreo.

omg i can imagine jisoo being so cute here :fatcat:

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Anveeroy
19 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Why is there a hole pic :messga:

Where is your God, Pennywise?

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Pennywise
57 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

Where is your God, Pennywise?

In the hole :air:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Anveeroy
Just now, Esteban said:

Thanks to keep my flop thread alive :saladga:

Anything for Mr. Esteban 

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

Anveeroy
3 minutes ago, Esteban said:

Are you in this rollercoaster hunt cult ? :gum:

No Sir, I'm just a simple flag weaver. 

139f52d6a7424e640abdc183aae0eb27_w200.gi

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, Esteban said:

Enigma

Hide contents

10-Enigma.jpg

Enigma can be seen as a sci-fi gangster short movie with a serious disco vibe.

Verse I and prechorus: We're back with the kindness punk tribe in the desert, sun is rising, there is a peaceful feeling, hope. They are sleeping on each other like a pack. Gaga is already awake, staring at the sun. Slowly, things are moving around her, people are activating.
Chorus: Metallic outfit comes around gaga and wrapped her. Her crew appears slowly behind her they look like a classy gang.
Chorus Drop: That's night, they walk to a huge tower lost in the desert, like a sci-fi Vegas. We see different tribes on their way too. They are all dressed as gangsters but with colored suits to fit the tribes. There is a futuristic colorful prohibition era vibe.
Verse II and prechorus: We are at the party, each tribe stare to each others, pink tribe want to heal tensions between tribes. They play poker and drink together. Gaga and her crew start to dance, and we see guns appearing under tables of the other tribes, tension is escalating
Chorus : There is a gunfight, each gun is colored like the tribe and shoot colored lasers. So it looks like disco lights and Gaga and her crew keeps dancing when people are shot. So that, sometimes, we don't know if people are dancing or if they are fighting.
Bridge: Kindness punks keep dancing, unbothered, there is pink love waves emanating from them.
Last chorus: Everybody is dancing together on the dancefloor.

I LOVE THIS! 

Karen Smith

Wow i am impressed! You have a great imagination. It's amazing that we imagine each song the same. When I saw the Free woman, Sour candy and 1000 Doves pictures it looks like you took them out of my head :saladga:

Good job :kiss:

Archived