movie

Neve Campbell is officially back for Scream 5

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, POP2 said:

4 is a very close second for me. It’s quite good. 3 is not very good, you’re right.

2 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

SCRE4M sucked tbh. The trilogy was perfectly fine as it was but I guess it’d rather Sidney get a better send off than she got in SCRE4M.

4 is my least favorite.

Chromatican

I don’t understand why everyone hates Scream 3? For me my faves are:

1. Scream

2. Scream 3

3. Scream 2

4. Scre4m

8 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

I don’t understand why everyone hates Scream 3? For me my faves are:

1. Scream

2. Scream 3

3. Scream 2

4. Scre4m

for me.

Scream 3 came out exceptionally well considering all the drama that went on behind the scenes. Scream 4 however...:triggered:

Chromatican
12 minutes ago, Doot said:

for me.

Scream 3 came out exceptionally well considering all the drama that went on behind the scenes. Scream 4 however...:triggered:

I think 4 suffered for trying to play into the horror tropes of 2011, which was a terrible time for horror as a genre so it ended up being disappointing. 

2 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

I think 4 suffered for trying to play into the horror tropes of 2011, which was a terrible time for horror as a genre so it ended up being disappointing. 

My issues with 4....

The film leaned too far into the "meta" aspect. Scream 1 and 2 mentioned rules, but the movies themselves for the most part did not actually have the characters completely obsessed with them. Scream 4 had all of the characters basing all of their actions on "reboot" rules, which aren't even an actual thing. There is very little trends between horror remakes.

The humor was far too much. There were natural jokes within dialogue in the first film, but aside from casual realistic dialogue between characters like the first films, 4 had them making flat out jokes. And they added humor into the actual scenes which should convey fear. Anthony Anderson getting stabbed in the head and then stumbling around the street before making a joke about Bruce Willis was atrocious. The other kid getting stabbed and going "Wait, you can't kill me. I'm gay! The rules!". Atrocious.

They didn't break any new ground. We already had a killer relative. We already had a killer mimicking the first murders. Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin are not convincing as serial killers. The stunt man is well over 6 feet tall, and Emma is like 5' 4" and Rory is I believe around 5'8".

There were no actual chase scenes. The entire movie is extremely "hazy". Wes Craven shot it different than the others. The opening scene was terrible. And the ending was terrible.

And Judy Hicks was terrible.

Married the Night
6 hours ago, Doot said:

Wait, for real? :triggered:

Yep. I am actually glad. I hate it when characters survive horror movies and then there is a sequel in the same town with no mention of the person who survived. She wasn’t my favorite but I’m excited 

Married the Night
5 hours ago, Doot said:

My issues with 4....

The film leaned too far into the "meta" aspect. Scream 1 and 2 mentioned rules, but the movies themselves for the most part did not actually have the characters completely obsessed with them. Scream 4 had all of the characters basing all of their actions on "reboot" rules, which aren't even an actual thing. There is very little trends between horror remakes.

The humor was far too much. There were natural jokes within dialogue in the first film, but aside from casual realistic dialogue between characters like the first films, 4 had them making flat out jokes. And they added humor into the actual scenes which should convey fear. Anthony Anderson getting stabbed in the head and then stumbling around the street before making a joke about Bruce Willis was atrocious. The other kid getting stabbed and going "Wait, you can't kill me. I'm gay! The rules!". Atrocious.

They didn't break any new ground. We already had a killer relative. We already had a killer mimicking the first murders. Emma Roberts and Rory Culkin are not convincing as serial killers. The stunt man is well over 6 feet tall, and Emma is like 5' 4" and Rory is I believe around 5'8".

There were no actual chase scenes. The entire movie is extremely "hazy". Wes Craven shot it different than the others. The opening scene was terrible. And the ending was terrible.

And Judy Hicks was terrible.

The opening kill had a chase scene and so did the scene where Sidney went on the roof. 

Also, wasn’t the killer going for a remake and not a reboot? 

3 hours ago, Married the Night said:

The opening kill had a chase scene and so did the scene where Sidney went on the roof. 

Also, wasn’t the killer going for a remake and not a reboot? 

Idk if I'd call those chase scenes. 

Not like the good sis Gale in Scream 2 :enigma:

I meant remake, but yes. 

Married the Night
32 minutes ago, Doot said:

Idk if I'd call those chase scenes. 

Not like the good sis Gale in Scream 2 :enigma:

I meant remake, but yes. 

He chased her though the house in the opening! I specifically remember thinking, “wow that’s a good chase scene”. She ended up in the garage. 

And the roof scene was one big chase scene. That is where Jill’s mom was killed and they were running through the house. 

But you’re right, not as good as the scene with Gale in 2! 

Archived