Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Dune - First Trailer

Monster7

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk, my friend has been hyped about this movie since last year (he said it's the sci-fi version of LOTR), but to me this trailer didn't do anything... :awkney: Seems pretty boring actually. :icega:

elijahfan
18 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

David Lynch’s 1984 film Dune says hi :yennefer:

I said "new adaptation", meaning there was one before. Pretty sure Denis Villeneuve would never call his film a remake of Lynch's movie, but I guess it's a matter of perspective and all movies adapted from a common source material can be considered remakes, idk. I'm not thinking that way tho.

elijahfan
18 hours ago, Economy said:

What about the terrible 80s movie?

Once again, I said "new adaptation" - to me a remake is a film that acknowledges previous adaptations of the source material, and I'm fairly sure Villeneuve doesn't want his film to be linked in any particular way with Lynch's. His intention wasn't remaking Lynch's film, but rather readapting Frank Herbert's original novel - I hope that's clearer for you guys :shrug:

Chromatislaps
On 9/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, Lord Temptation said:

Another remake :enigma:

the first adaption was sh1t, and this is apparently more true to the book as far that is possible

Daredevil
19 hours ago, Economy said:

And a spice doing all those things that don't relate to eachother makes absolutely no sense what's so ever :rip:

It does make sense, if you read the books. The spice enhances mental capabilities. With it, the characters can do what thinking machines (computers) used to do. Navigating through space by folding it, requires a lot of computational power, hence why the spice is used by the Guild (the Guild has a monopoly on space traveling). Paul can see the "branches" of the future, because of the spice melange. The navigators of the Guild do a similar thing. They calculate all the different paths they can take and then they chose the fastest route. 

ThisBitch

Some of you are too much :saladga: acting like it's just another remake, talking **** about a young successful actor who isn't muscular. Give me a break. This trailer has more quality than most blockbusters!

Lord Temptation
10 hours ago, Chromatislaps said:

the first adaption was sh1t, and this is apparently more true to the book as far that is possible

The 2020 Dune trailer looks really lame tbh. I won’t judge a book by it’s cover though and will give it a chance. I’m not expecting much from the original 1984 version either which I’ve never seen, but what I noticr about many pictures from that era is that many were trashed at the time but then acquired a better appreciation decades later. For example The Shining, Raging Bull and Heaven’s Gate were all heavily slammed upon release. But today in retrospective reviews they are considered masterpieces. So time is the ultimate truth teller.

On 9/10/2020 at 10:17 AM, Pennywise said:

Timothee Chalamet looks like a sickly Victorian child and I can't take him seriously as, like, a hero or something :messga:

Paul is 15 in the book :awkney:

Anyway this trailer looks pretty lame. I was excited for this movie but this didn't do anything for me

Archived