đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

911 Added to Apple Music's Future Hits Playlist

Rifek

Featured Posts

Inferno
2 hours ago, Oranjella Marquise said:

I'm really confused because 911 was quickly made a fan-favorite when the album came out. Now that it's a single... almost everyone is switching and are being extremely negative to Gaga's choice when she chose it because she thought the fans wanted it a single and a video? :bear:  This reminds me why I took a few years off from this toxic site.

Actually same, I don't come on here much at all anymore and my experience with pop music is so much more positive because of it. Especially when it comes to Gaga. Outside of this bubble people really don't take it as seriously as everyone here thinks they do. And 911 ABSOLUTELY was a fan favorite upon release of the album. The monsters are always being contrarians and switch up based upon what the gp responds to. The gp responded to 911, therefore the monsters have abandoned it and moved onto whatever else from this album that they think is more niche. Thats what I gathered just from being here for a day lol

How anyone can complain about 911 being a single is beyond me. Its quintessentially Gaga, itd be like if she chose Heavy Metal Lover to be a single during the BTW-era. Is it destined to hit #1? Maybe not but I think its a lot more interesting of a choice than Sour Candy or Replay. Personally I like Alice as well, Enigma is enjoyable but its not a standout track from Chromatica for me. 911 is, on the other hand. Anyway whatever. This is why I don't come on here anymore because only being on here makes me overthink these things. Like for real I think people think they have fun being on here but in actuality you're all just taking the piss out of her discography and lowkey killing it for yourselves. Like yall make it no fun at all lol

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
5 minutes ago, Luke78619 said:

I’m not expecting success for 911, which I’m absolutely fine with, but a great video hopefully

i remember feeling meh about 911 on my first listen because I couldn’t figure out what she was saying, the chorus felt lackluster, and the final chorus sounded the same as the others (I only noticed the additional “whoo-hoo”s after a month and the change in the production until last month

It's just that the who point of singles is to promote the album and artist to the GP. Singles were never about the fans. Fans already listen to the album and know all the songs. And if u wanna do something with a song for fans specifically a promo video is fine it doesn't have to be a single.

Since singles main purpose is commercial promo, it makes sense to pick one that is likely to have an impact so I don't get why they chose this one tbh

Inferno
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh. I could be wrong and I hope I am but I'm kind of skeptical of 911 having any degree of success tbh...

The entire song feels too flat, the tempo is kinda the same the entire time without a standout chorus or hook like I dunno. I just don't think it's the best choice for a single

I think Free Woman or Sour Candy or even possibly Alice if not the other two would have better shots of success

Thats how I feel about Free Woman. The album version irritates me when I listen to it because I know that the demo version was far superior. The tiktok-esque instrumental breaks particularly infuriate me. I can't even listen to it honestly. I guess its more "radio friendly" but since when does anyone here give a sh*t about that? All this backlash coming from a forum of people who stan her messiest tackiest album (ARTPOP) having the audacity to have negative opinions about a single from this record? Not about it lol

Where are all the Fame Monster and Born This Way stans at these days? AKA the ones with actual taste.

Butters Stotch

At this point, I just want another single and new visuals. I love 911, but I wouldn't mind any other song being chosen. In my opinion, the whole album is single material.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Economy
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Thats how I feel about Free Woman. The album version irritates me when I listen to it because I know that the demo version was far superior. The tiktok-esque instrumental breaks particularly infuriate me. I can't even listen to it honestly. I guess its more "radio friendly" but since when does anyone here give a sh*t about that? All this backlash coming from a forum of people who stan her messiest tackiest album (ARTPOP) having the audacity to have negative opinions about a single from this record? Not about it lol

Well don't include me in that category cuz ARTPOP is my least fav Gaga album (excluding C2C which is kind of a seperate thing) :enigma:

And I give a sh*t about it because the whole point of singles in the first place isn't for fans, its to promote the album and artist and u get more effect from that if u get a hit not a flop :rip:

Butters Stotch
2 hours ago, Oranjella Marquise said:

I'm really confused because 911 was quickly made a fan-favorite when the album came out. Now that it's a single... almost everyone is switching and are being extremely negative to Gaga's choice when she chose it because she thought the fans wanted it a single and a video? :bear:  This reminds me why I took a few years off from this toxic site.

I don't get this either. I remember everyone loved it when Chromatica just came out  and now wveryone dislikes it... why? 

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Inferno
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well don't include me in that category cuz ARTPOP is my least fav Gaga album (excluding C2C which is kind of a seperate thing) :enigma:

And I give a sh*t about it because the whole point of singles in the first place isn't for fans, its to promote the album and artist and u get more effect from that if u get a hit not a flop :rip:

Singles are for everyone including fans, its not like Stupid Love or Rain On Me were necessarily for the fans though, they both clearly intended to serve a strategic purpose in their own ways and now you want to penalize her for picking a song that very clearly was a fan favorite upon release as the 3rd and most likely final single? :yennefer: i think everyone here exists in this bubble and ruminates in it and are kind of detached from reality in a way. you should all literally just be stoked and instead you're already killing it for yourselves by labeling it dead on arrival for no reason like.....ya'll literally make no sense and take the piss out of lady gaga for everyone you interact with on this site but also i can assume in real life lol like this right here, this thread is why she doesn't go as hard on the charts as she can. because monsters are so preoccupied with being contrarian over-analyzers that overcompensate with negativity to both protect themselves from disappointment and from being seen as delusional. it keeps her in the middle statistically. meanwhile you have barbs out there catapulting nicki to #1 because theyre not sitting there talking sh*t about every random little thing she does lol......cant believe im saying this and it shows how ive grown over the past decade of being a gaga stan but its time for more of yall to be delusional af again and stop purposely bitching about everything to seem intellectual. and im not counting myself in that because i actually think about what i say and how i say it so im not bunched in with some of yall. end rant :icega:

19 minutes ago, Economy said:

Tbh. I could be wrong and I hope I am but I'm kind of skeptical of 911 having any degree of success tbh...

The entire song feels too flat, the tempo is kinda the same the entire time without a standout chorus or hook like I dunno. I just don't think it's the best choice for a single

I think Free Woman or Sour Candy or even possibly Alice if not the other two would have better shots of success

That's the definition of Closer, Señorita and Despacito though

Not saying that 911 will smash, and I really doubt it will but who knows, people love monotonous songs

Economy
8 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

That's the definition of Closer, Señorita and Despacito though

Not saying that 911 will smash, and I really doubt it will but who knows, people love monotonous songs

True... But for a 3rd single which is harder to have success, that's not gonna help it 

Economy
13 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Singles are for everyone including fans, its not like Stupid Love or Rain On Me were necessarily for the fans though, they both clearly intended to serve a strategic purpose in their own ways and now you want to penalize her for picking a song that very clearly was a fan favorite upon release as the 3rd and most likely final single? :yennefer: i think everyone here exists in this bubble and ruminates in it and are kind of detached from reality in a way. you should all literally just be stoked and instead you're already killing it for yourselves by labeling it dead on arrival for no reason like.....ya'll literally make no sense and take the piss out of lady gaga for everyone you interact with on this site but also i can assume in real life lol like this right here, this thread is why she doesn't go as hard on the charts as she can. because monsters are so preoccupied with being contrarian over-analyzers that overcompensate with negativity to both protect themselves from disappointment and from being seen as delusional. it keeps her in the middle statistically. meanwhile you have barbs out there catapulting nicki to #1 because theyre not sitting there talking sh*t about every random little thing she does lol......cant believe im saying this and it shows how ive grown over the past decade of being a gaga stan but its time for more of yall to be delusional af again and stop purposely bitching about everything to seem intellectual. and im not counting myself in that because i actually think about what i say and how i say it so im not bunched in with some of yall. end rant :icega:

Now ur over analyzing going deep I go the whole compensating or protecting from disapoint. I legit just don't think it will do well. It's literally as simple as that :emma:

Inferno
12 minutes ago, Economy said:

Now ur over analyzing going deep I go the whole compensating or protecting from disapoint. I legit just don't think it will do well. It's literally as simple as that :emma:

What Im saying is 100% on the nose though. The fact that you even harp on whether or not it will do well commercially goes to show that you take the piss out of just enjoying the era. Its one thing to have an opinion right but its this sort of attitude and labeling things dead in the water that middles her success. I don't get how ya'll don't see that, you keep yourselves in a bubble. Its not really up to the GP if shes forced on them enough to keep her successful, ya'll gotta put in the work. Thats something the Nicki Minaj stans figured out. Monsters are just like too hard up for that lol

RainingOnMe
47 minutes ago, Economy said:

I also agree that 911 is one of the worst single choices, but you have to remember that this is Lady Gaga, not some TikTok influencer or Instagram influencer. She's a legend, she knows what she's doing... :selena:

Her "fans" sicken me anyway. She can never please them. It's really disturbing.

I don’t know. People they I know that aren’t big fans of Gaga are talking about 911. I think we might have a hit on our hands 

Delulu Rogers
7 hours ago, Little99 said:

I'm afraid that can be too long for radio standards

It shouldn’t be though. It would still be under 4 minutes. Hello by Adele is like over 5 minutes long and that was played in full

derpmonster
8 hours ago, ConnorFilm said:

It's already #1

on the US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles Chart. :ohwell:

More than what some pop girls can do today :ohwell:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived