Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Joe joins indoor dining lawsuit

Varys

Featured Posts

Modern Ecstasy2
1 minute ago, CameltoeKween said:

I feel... weird about dissecting Gaga's family on here :bear:

I get he probably sucks but she's not responsible for him, and many of us have a parent (or two) that is problematic so we can certainly be sympathetic to how complicated relationships can be with your parents.

I don't see how putting out negative energy towards her Dad is helpful in any way to our girl.

Music not the bling* guys :triggered:

*problematic father with questionable business practices

Exactly. Most of us can relate to the experience. If not a parent, a sibling or other family member. Having a shitty parent (or one who has shitty politics/views) doesn’t have to define us, we are still our own individual people.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay he has every right but I hate how the media is like "Lady Gaga's father". 

She has NOTHING to do with this. As he said in the video, he's well off but he joined the lawsuit to help his friends out. 

If he's going down, don't take her down with him.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

2 hours ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

@Chromatography @KatieJudasGaga4 @GagaSine

There is no clear scientific evidence that wearing non-medical face masks (covering the mouth and nose) in public places helps (WHO, 2020).

This does not mean that face masks don't help at all, but wearing them might not be necessary if people comply with other measures.

The literature simply does not offer a clear consensus on the effect of wearing non-medical face masks. It seems likely that face masks help prevent infecting others, but only to a limited extent.

It should be noted that the effectiveness of a non-medical face mask will depend very much on the quality of the materials, the fit on the face, and the way in which the user wears it (Davies et al., 2013). Home-made cloth masks only have very limited effects (MacIntyre et al., 2015).

According to the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, it is not necessary to wear a face mask if everyone follows the basic rules (stay home if you have symptoms, get tested, keep your distance, avoid crowds and follow the hygiene measures).

In the Netherlands it's only required to wear face masks when traveling with public transport, because in those situations it's not possible to stay far enough apart all the time. 

Wearing masks could also lead to a false sense of security, which might result in people not compying with the other measures anymore, which seem more important.

Sources:

Davies A, Thompson KA, Giri K, et al. Testing the Efficacy of Homemade Masks: Would They Protect in an Influenza Pandemic? Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2013 Aug;7(4):413-8. https://doi.org/10.1017/dmp.2013.43

MacIntyre CR, Seale H, Dung TC, et al. A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers. BMJ Open. 2015 Apr 22;5(4):e006577. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006577

World Health Organization. Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID-19. 6 April 2020.

This view on masks is literally 4 months old at this point. Masks protect other people, this is not up for debate anymore. I recommend you read this article to learn more, but more importantly I recommend you stop spreading misinformation. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

HausOfMark

The video was about protecting the resturants and wanting to keep the city a float. Lets forget he is gagas dad and hating him and lets think about it in a business aspect. 

There are many resturants owned by people who keep their familys fed and a roof over their head. Its good he is bringing awareness of this lawsuit and hope those businesses that are struggling right now get compensations they deserve. 

-Mark

Not The Real Gaga
6 minutes ago, uo111 said:

This view on masks is literally 4 months old at this point. Masks protect other people, this is not up for debate anymore. I recommend you read this article to learn more, but more importantly I recommend you stop spreading misinformation. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

I'm not spreading misinformation. I'm sorry, but that's a very false accusation for you to make.

Like I said, I'm not here to argue that face masks don't work at all, but they only work to a limited extent.

My information comes directly from the Dutch RIVM (the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) - our leading group of experts during this pandemic. 

To this day, those experts haven't changed their stance in the debate whether or not face masks are necessary to stop the spreading of the coronavirus. 

The fact that scientists (from different countries) clearly disagree on the effects of wearing face masks, proves my point that there is simply no consensus in the literature.

In the article you mentioned, they speak about simulations, predictions and the information they give on whether or not the material of masks matters is very "questionable" at least, 'cause according to the research papers I showed you, cloth masks are not very effective. 

FATCAT
1 hour ago, alicefromabove said:

So that's true? I saw some reports where his name appears, but maybe there's another Joe Germanotta in NY :yennefer:

I believe the actual listing is based on his date of birth, so it's conclusive. 

Purr more, hiss less.

Franch Toast

Okay, not going to quote anyone, but I'm in a mood, so Franch is going to spill some tea:

1) Just because face masks may not be 100% effective doesn't mean people shouldn't wear them. Condoms aren't 100% effective either at preventing pregnancy or STDs, but people still use them unless they want to get pregnant, are using another form of contraception, or are in a monogamous relationship where both people have been tested. Some protection is better than no protection. When combined with social distancing, mask wearing makes a significant difference. There are numerous studies to this effect. We should not even be having this conversation at this point. Anyway, regardless what people think of the efficacy of masks, New York has a mask mandate, so yes, people have a right to point out that Joe was violating that and was a little too close to people in two different instances without a mask on. 

2) Probing into Joe's voting records and donation records is creepy. Let's not do that. However, when he speaks to the media, of course they are going to capitalize on the fact that he is "Lady Gaga's father" and broadcast that across the screen. He should know better and not speak to the media about this stuff. Maybe he thinks that being LG's father will bring attention to his various causes and help him achieve the outcome he seeks, but all it does is bring her unwanted attention. Once the media has picked it up, I think it's fair for us to discuss it, but let's remember that none of this reflects on Gaga. I have plenty of relatives whose behavior makes me cringe, and I hope I wouldn't be judged based on their poor behavior. (No one here has been judging Gaga though.) 

3) I think the problem most people have isn't with him and other restaurant owners wanting to reopen for dine-in service (though some have pointed out that Joanne is so tiny inside that only a few diners would be able to be inside at once), but rather, his lack of mask-wearing mentioned above. Let's hope he's better at masking up when the cameras are off. 

She/Her/Hers

stevana229
9 hours ago, Economy said:

Ok but is he wrong? At limited indoor capacity (50%) there's space between tables. It's like other businesses. We do it like that here in Ontario too and people are not next to eachother

If the government isn't going to bail out these businesses at some point they gotta be reasonable about how long they say they can't run, this is people's livelyhoods. At some point the cost starts to outway the benefits

sorry but Ontario can not be compared to NYC

Modern Ecstasy2
3 minutes ago, Justin Drew Bieber said:

The rats have to eat :yennefer:

Fixed :vegas:

Modern Ecstasy2
17 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Okay, not going to quote anyone, but I'm in a mood, so Franch is going to spill some tea:

1) Just because face masks may not be 100% effective doesn't mean people shouldn't wear them. Condoms aren't 100% effective either at preventing pregnancy or STDs, but people still use them unless they want to get pregnant, are using another form of contraception, or are in a monogamous relationship where both people have been tested. Some protection is better than no protection. When combined with social distancing, mask wearing makes a significant difference. There are numerous studies to this effect. We should not even be having this conversation at this point. Anyway, regardless what people think of the efficacy of masks, New York has a mask mandate, so yes, people have a right to point out that Joe was violating that and was a little too close to people in two different instances without a mask on. 

Tell them queen! :applause:

42 minutes ago, HausOfMark said:

The video was about protecting the resturants and wanting to keep the city a float. Lets forget he is gagas dad and hating him and lets think about it in a business aspect. 

There are many resturants owned by people who keep their familys fed and a roof over their head. Its good he is bringing awareness of this lawsuit and hope those businesses that are struggling right now get compensations they deserve. 

What we need to be doing is stop asking citizens to take on the burden of the government’s failure. They should be helping businesses stay afloat, not citizens. What this debate does is it reframes the lockdown question as something out of government control. If we’re going to be mad, if we care about families, we need to demand that our governments give a damn about them and bail them tf out so they don’t *have* to be open right now when it isn’t safe.

the fact that the GOP has successfully been able to make everyone weigh the merits of risking their health to support businesses is heinous, ludicrous classism.

joannesrats
43 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

I'm not spreading misinformation. I'm sorry, but that's a very false accusation for you to make.

Like I said, I'm not here to argue that face masks don't work at all, but they only work to a limited extent.

My information comes directly from the Dutch RIVM (the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment) - our leading group of experts during this pandemic. 

To this day, those experts haven't changed their stance in the debate whether or not face masks are necessary to stop the spreading of the coronavirus. 

The fact that scientists (from different countries) clearly disagree on the effects of wearing face masks, proves my point that there is simply no consensus in the literature.

In the article you mentioned, they speak about simulations, predictions and the information they give on whether or not the material of masks matters is very "questionable" at least, 'cause according to the research papers I showed you, cloth masks are not very effective. 

This research is too young to have any solid conclusions drawn on it. Wear a mask. 

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived