Joe joins indoor dining lawsuit

Varys

Featured Posts

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterPaws
5 hours ago, Economy said:

Ok but is he wrong? At limited indoor capacity (50%) there's space between tables. It's like other businesses. We do it like that here in Ontario too and people are not next to eachother

If the government isn't going to bail out these businesses at some point they gotta be reasonable about how long they say they can't run, this is people's livelyhoods. At some point the cost starts to outway the benefits

If this is about Joanne's, the restaurant is REALLY cozy (i.e. tight). I've been there several times (I actually love the food) and if any restaurant should abide by the indoor dining limit, Joanne definitely qualifies.

Where I'm from, cases are already rising again due to looser restrictions (we went from 30% limits to capacity to I think 70? Can't remember the details). Covid cases are now in the 600 range daily. It was on average around 300 for the past month.

Edit: I dont blame them though. It's hard to keep business with everything going on and they need governmental support.

You cannot see the complications and absurdity of opening schools and not see that the exact same concerns are present with indoor dining,offices and other spaces.

These are the precautions to cut down airborne transmission indoors:

✔Masking 

✔Hand washing 

✔Distance

✔Air filtration

✔Fresh air dilution (good ventilation)

It's a shame to see business owners being obstinate; but also local and federal government unwilling, and unable, to commit to a friggin plan. smdh

-------

Coronavirus: Fact vs Fiction w/CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta 

16 mins

"Open the Window: Talking about Airborne Transmission"

https://www.cnn.com/audio/podcasts/corona-virus?episodeguid=2fab9404-d966-410b-a161-ac1b0178433c

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Not The Real Gaga

@Chromatography @KatieJudasGaga4 @GagaSine

There is no clear scientific evidence that wearing non-medical face masks (covering the mouth and nose) in public places helps (WHO, 2020).

This does not mean that face masks don't help at all, but wearing them might not be necessary if people comply with other measures.

The literature simply does not offer a clear consensus on the effect of wearing non-medical face masks. It seems likely that face masks help prevent infecting others, but only to a limited extent.

It should be noted that the effectiveness of a non-medical face mask will depend very much on the quality of the materials, the fit on the face, and the way in which the user wears it (Davies et al., 2013). Home-made cloth masks only have very limited effects (MacIntyre et al., 2015).

According to the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, it is not necessary to wear a face mask if everyone follows the basic rules (stay home if you have symptoms, get tested, keep your distance, avoid crowds and follow the hygiene measures).

In the Netherlands it's only required to wear face masks when traveling with public transport, because in those situations it's not possible to stay far enough apart all the time. 

Wearing masks could also lead to a false sense of security, which might result in people not compying with the other measures anymore, which seem more important.

Sources:

Davies A, Thompson KA, Giri K, et al. Testing the Efficacy of Homemade Masks: Would They Protect in an Influenza Pandemic? Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2013 Aug;7(4):413-8. https://doi.org/10.1017/dmp.2013.43

MacIntyre CR, Seale H, Dung TC, et al. A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers. BMJ Open. 2015 Apr 22;5(4):e006577. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006577

World Health Organization. Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID-19. 6 April 2020.

Chromatography
1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

There is no clear scientific evidence that wearing non-medical face masks (covering the mouth and nose) in public places helps (WHO, 2020).

This does not mean that face masks don't help at all, but wearing them might not be necessary if people comply with other measures.

people in the US at least are not complying with other measures

The literature simply does not offer a clear consensus on the effect of wearing non-medical face masks. It seems likely that face masks help prevent infecting others, but only to a limited extent.

what does “limited extent” mean? of course wearing a face mask will not 100% of the time prevent infection 

It should be noted that the effectiveness of a non-medical face mask will depend very much on the quality of the materials, the fit on the face, and the way in which the user wears it (Davies et al., 2013). Home-made cloth masks only have very limited effects (MacIntyre et al., 2015).

again i don’t know what “limited” effectiveness means. these publications by scientific standards are somewhat old and are not from extremely reputable journals. i recommend reading “Reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2” from science magazine in june 2020.

According to the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, it is not necessary to wear a face mask if everyone follows the basic rules (stay home if you have symptoms, get tested, keep your distance, avoid crowds and follow the hygiene measures).

again at least in the US, not a large enough percentage is following these basic rules

In the Netherlands it's only required to wear face masks when traveling with public transport, because in those situations it's not possible to stay far enough apart all the time. 

Wearing masks could also lead to a false sense of security, which might result in people not compying with the other measures anymore, which seem more important.

Sources:

Davies A, Thompson KA, Giri K, et al. Testing the Efficacy of Homemade Masks: Would They Protect in an Influenza Pandemic? Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2013 Aug;7(4):413-8. https://doi.org/10.1017/dmp.2013.43

MacIntyre CR, Seale H, Dung TC, et al. A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers. BMJ Open. 2015 Apr 22;5(4):e006577. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006577

World Health Organization. Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID-19. 6 April 2020.

bolded my responses 

Don’t they have rats? I’m sure that can be used against him! Rats can spread covid-19. :grr:

joannesrats
45 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Sources:

I'm sorry, but it's been only half a year of this pandemic - that isn't enough time to make sound scientific facts and laws about the effectiveness. However, if they aren't effective, the worst possible thing that you did was wear a piece of fabric on your face and maybe get a little sweaty. If they ARE effective, however, then not wearing one can cost someone their life. Again, even if they aren't effective, I would rather wear one on the chance that it actually is because it may help save a life and you should too. 

FentyGa
8 hours ago, Daylight Jokers said:

This is his issue but of course they had to really include Lady Gaga on the news report.

nobody really knows who he is outside of being gaga’s dad (not tryna be rude, he’s just not a public figure)

myluis617
2 hours ago, blankpaper said:

What does this have to do with anything? The video was about Joanne Trattoria and you’re talking about Art Bird.

Besides Art Bird hasn’t been there all that long and it’s not like homelessness is a new problem. If he rented the place without looking at it first, or expected things to magically change, that’s on him 

Mess, mess, I didnt care to see the video. I thought it was about art bird. My bad guys. :wtfga:

FATCAT
7 hours ago, alicefromabove said:

Did he really vote for Trump?

I'm curious :triggered:

I don't think there's any indication of whom he voted for, but he's contributed to Trump's 2020 re-election.

Purr more, hiss less.

flyaway
6 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I don't think there's any indication of whom he voted for, but he's contributed to Trump's 2020 re-election.

So that's true? I saw some reports where his name appears, but maybe there's another Joe Germanotta in NY :yennefer:

Modern Ecstasy2
7 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

That’s a strong indication that he voted for Trump, but still an assumption I guess.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Cameltoe Chariot

I feel... weird about dissecting Gaga's family on here :bear:

I get he probably sucks but she's not responsible for him, and many of us have a parent (or two) that is problematic so we can certainly be sympathetic to how complicated relationships can be with your parents.

I don't see how putting out negative energy towards her Dad is helpful in any way to our girl.

Music not the bling* guys :triggered:

*problematic father with questionable business practices

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived