Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Mulan Opening Metacritic Score Ties Tenet

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Franch Toast

I support Hong Kong protestors and am against police brutality, so I wouldn't pay a penny to watch it. 

It's not just Liu Yifei; it's also Donnie Yen. 

If it's released to Disney Plus later without having to pay an extra fee, I still won't watch it, as I don't want to give them official views. Besides, they stripped away the fun music. 

She/Her/Hers

RAMROD
45 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

I watched it, It's a snooze. :awkney:

It's just the general story we already know with the fun bits taken out.

You're just bitter it didn't have Mushu or something, cos it was actually wonderful. Gong Li's character, Xianniang, is one of the best thing happened in this live action. She is complex, multi faceted, and very fierce. She needed a original Disney+ show dedicated to her story.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, alicefromabove said:

I was expecting more :enigma:

Isn't it worthy? 

I don't know, I found myself bored halfway trough.

47 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

You're just bitter it didn't have Mushu or something, cos it was actually wonderful. Gong Li's character, Xianniang, is one of the best thing happened in this live action. She is complex, multi faceted, and very fierce. She needed a original Disney+ show dedicated to her story.

Actually i thought going with the original tale could've been great but to me it felt very bare bones. I'll agree with Xianniang, She was the most interesting part and I wish they expanded more on her.

I just watched it and it was... fine? I liked that they took inspiration in old Chinese action movies for the fight scenes. But overall the special effects were suspicious. The scene where she saves the guy from the avalanche was just weird looking. Seemed very fake. The witch character could be really interesting, her acting is great but she doesn’t have much screen time and the character development falls flat. 

The way they over-explain everything was annoying as hell. Like they just showed her father praying to the Phoenix and when the bird shows up she has to say “the Phoenix!”. Like girl we’re not dumb. Also how they had to show a guy getting kicked out for cheating to make up for the fact that in the original Mulan wasn’t killed because the commander was in love with her and now the commander is a totally different character.

Anyway it wasn’t bad but it was kind of a bore.

elijahfan

Watched it yesterday.... that was so underwhelming. I'm a massive fan of the animated film, and it does feel like such a letdown. There's no charm, no magic, the attempts at humor fall flat and it feels overly Americanized in spite of their "efforts" to pay respect to the culture. I mean, it literally took 4 people to write those God-awful dialogues :awkney: Not an ounce of poetry whatsoever. Years go by, and Disney keeps getting worse - but I guess that's what happens when you choose to be run by bankers and not artists.

Archived