Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Bradley Cooper: “Awards season is meaningless”

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber

“It’s funny, you hit awards season and it can be easy for us to make it about individual people,” Anthony Ramos said. “But on set, you have your call sheet, and even though you have your leads, it’s a team effort. The grips, the director of photography — that movie is not happening without them. Everyone is the star of that movie.”

Cooper responded, “That awards season stuff is a real test. It’s set up to foster that mentality. It’s quite a thing to work through, and it’s completely devoid of artistic creation. It’s not why you sacrifice everything to create art, and yet you spend so much time being a part of it if you’re, in quotes, ‘lucky enough to be a part of it.’ It’s ultimately a great thing because it really does make you face ego, vanity, and insecurity. It’s very interesting and utterly meaningless.”

After Cooper failed to land an Oscar nomination for Best Director with “A Star Is Born,” he said the awards circuit tricked him into thinking the snub meant he did not do his job on the movie. This realization left Cooper “embarrassed” and proved to him that “even if I got the nomination, it should not give me any sense of whether I did my job or not. That’s the trick, to make something that you believe in.”

GagaEnigma
11 minutes ago, Majora said:

After Cooper failed to land an Oscar nomination for Best Director with “A Star Is Born,” he said the awards circuit tricked him into thinking the snub meant he did not do his job on the movie. This realization left Cooper “embarrassed” and proved to him that “even if I got the nomination, it should not give me any sense of whether I did my job or not. That’s the trick, to make something that you believe in.”

Well said! I think that he has done an amazing job as a ASIB director, not even to mention that it was his directorial debut :applause:

Lighter

I feel bad for him the acting and directing committee of award shows did him so dirty last year. I hope he knows what kind of a masterpiece he did with ASIB

RAMROD

Well, there goes his chance at all. He could've play it cool like DiCaprio did from a snub after snub after snub, and let the Hollywood rooting for you organically, but nooo. I guess it is very stressful for him.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ArtpopAct2
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This is the mindset I have until Gaga gets nominated for something

Same 

Already preparing my twitter brags if she wins, and “awards=/=quality, Grammys are bogus” if she doesn’t :vegas:

Glamourpuss

I love it when Gaga wins an award but I also dislike awards shows. People put their hearts and souls into making art and it doesn't feel right to put the works of art against each other and decide which one is better and only give an award to one. Bradley is right about ego because it doesn't make sense for "the face" of the movie to win the award and get the praise when thousands of people worked hard on it. I often wonder how it feels to be put on a pedestal and have everybody love and praise you but you know it's all a facade and complete BS. He made a modern classic with A Star Is Born and he doesn't need an award to prove that. Sure it would be nice to be acknowledged but it's completely worthless. 

It's the same with the music industry. As fans we get really into our fave's career and we turn it into a competition of whose fave has done better and it becomes about them being on top and being better than everybody else, like the Grammy's for example, Norman Fucking Rockwell was a popular album that lost album of the year but it's an amazing album and it losing the award doesn't diminish that fact because the art speaks for itself. 

Agunimon
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

This is the mindset I have until Gaga gets nominated for something

I'm in this post and I don't like it.

Blastertoyo
19 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

It comes off like he may be still be in his feels about getting snubbed last year

He’s a one hit wonder 

:billie:
just another Colby O’Donis 

:ladyhaha:

please enlighten me to death

Regina George

As if he didn’t make ASIB only to get those Oscars... But I agree with what he said.. I just don’t think it’s.. honest..

Runway
16 hours ago, Red said:

lol says the guy with multiple awards :smh: 

Lol he has 0 Golden Globes, 0 Oscars, 0 Tonys, he only got his first BAFTA and Grammy last year which were for music. He’s one of the most underrated actors in Hollywood 

MelbHawker

I STILL can’t believe he lost to Malek. Malek was given a weak script that was made glossy by Queens biggest hits / spot on lip synching. Cooper literally transformed into an original musician whilst directing the entire film.. & the script was amazing. It astounds me that the Academy didn’t award him. 

Gracious Gaga

didnt seem meaningless during ur's & Gaga's Oscar campaign for ASIB :yennefer:

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived