Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

FULL UPDATE: 2020 VMAs drop from 2019

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes. Better than previous years but still pretty low. 

edit: I didn’t come for Gaga, I came for the VMAs. So you can all keep being butthurt for no reason. 

“Arguably this star of the show this year was Lady Gaga, who sported a spectacular array of outfits and and even more striking masks. Gaga won a whopping five awards all told, including the first ever Tricon award, which honors stars who are true triple-threats.“

Signature loading… 👹🖤

POPARTHD
Just now, Stef said:

Isn’t that like, triple last year? Their best in seven years? Aka gagas last time there :lmao: I just- 

It was 1.9M last year

Regina George
1 minute ago, Reed said:

It’s literally such a good rating considering the last year. Let’s not be unnecessary negative and dramatic please!

dynamite

Idk what average US viewing figures are but surprised to hear they've been low the last few years for a population that large, I assumed so many people watched this kind of stuff. Obviously Gaga's impact brought in extra viewers this year :messga:

Just now, POPARTHD said:

It was 1.9M last year

We should also factor in the fact that people are stuck at home (for the most part), so viewership would be affected by that methinks. 

Just now, dynamite said:

Idk what US viewing figures are usually like but this seems tiny for a population that large and I can't believe it was less than 2 million last year :messga:

Tiny because people knew what happened in recent years and said "No thanks!"

GagaEnigma

Even the author of this article know who is responsible for the increase. Slay :firega:

"Arguably this star of the show this year was Lady Gaga, who sported a spectacular array of outfits and and even more striking masks. Gaga won a whopping five awards all told, including the first ever Tricon award, which honors stars who are true triple-threats."

mcphee

Not the first couple of replies being uninformed negativity for no reason, clowns!

fantastic news, nobody can deny it was her night and now we have even more to brag about :ally:

ArtpopAct2

This line is confusing me

“This year’s ceremony, hosted by “Hustlers” star Keke Palmer, was down only 5% on last year in terms of total linear viewership. A total of 6.4 million viewers tuned in across MTV and the 12 other ViacomCBS brands on which it was simulcast, as opposed to 6.8 million last time around (that includes the pre-show, main show, post-show, and encores).”

GagaEnigma
47 minutes ago, Reed said:

"This year’s MTV VMAs delivered a whopping 41.1 million impressions on social media, making it the second most-socialed show of the year, behind only the Super Bowl (and only 7% behind at that.)"

I wouldn't call that low of yikes :ohwell:

Archived