💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

FULL UPDATE: 2020 VMAs drop from 2019

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

TheArcher
7 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Ratings grow over time. The next day ratings are unreliable because they are predictions. So if we are looking at an article reported the day after the live show or the week after the live show the ratings differ. Also some of the channel that broadcasted the show sometimes report ratings once a week. 

Maybe yesterday's numbers will grow like last year's did with time. Either way Gaga won the night. IMO. I just didn't understand where the viewership under 2 million came from. 

Actually the CW numbers grew from the morning report

758,000 to 871,000

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Archduchess
10 minutes ago, Gagaloo911 said:

They appear to be adding the 1.93 million audience from 2019 on MTV alone with the 4.9 million total audience across all 12 channels in 2019 to get the 6.8 million figure (it adds up to it). Which makes no sense because the 1.93M from MTV alone is already included in the total 4.9M figure. :awkney:

I'm taking this that Gagz pulled through and brought the ratings up.

Lady Gaga GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awards

Confused Math GIF

JusKeepBreathin
3 minutes ago, GABEL said:

oh fvck I think you are right.

1.9M+4.9M=6.8M

maybe the first reporter made the wrong number then the rest just copied what he wrote

Don't you love copy and paste media? 

2 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

Hollywood Reporter

The MTV Video Music Awards posted fairly stable ratings Sunday, despite a very different kind of show than in years past.

The VMAs — which aired on MTV, 11 other ViacomCBS cable networks and The CW (the show's first time on a broadcast network) — were even up by one measure. Per ViacomCBS, "total minutes consumed" of VMAs content on Sunday across all linear and digital platforms rose by 8 percent year to year, to 1.33 billion.

That is not, however a measure of the average TV audience. Linear consumption of the awards, with encores and pre- and post-shows included, was off by about 5 percent at 6.4 million viewers, vs. 6.8 million in 2019. On-air numbers for the main show weren't immediately available; The CW contributed 871,000 viewers.

Oh wow. So TV audience everywhere ( not just MTV awards ) was up 8 percent to last year. Makes sense because of the pandemic. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, TheArcher said:

Actually the CW numbers grew from the morning report

758,000 to 871,000

They usually do. And they will grow more when they do live +24hrs and Live +7 days. Live plus 7 is now more accurate viewership it ads things like Hulu and other services that can pull up the awards later during the week. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Economy
53 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Thats an increase from last year, right? Gaga = views! :bon:

It literally never fails. When Gaga is there viewers hold. When she's not the numbers are horrendous

MTV must of figured that out by now as they had her come out multiple times and she had the longest performance too and they kept hyping up her special award all show

Reginald

I wonder how many people streamed on social media and through third parties.

The Twitter stream I was watching through had 170k viewers by the time I left

JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

It literally never fails. When Gaga is there viewers hold. When she's not the numbers are horrendous

MTV must of figured that out by now as they had her come out multiple times and she had the longest performance too and they kept hyping up her special award all show

Viacom must have promised her free advertising for Haus Labs for three years or a sitcom because they really desperately needed her at the VMAs this year. 

TheArcher
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

They usually do. And they will grow more when they do live +24hrs and Live +7 days. Live plus 7 is now more accurate viewership it ads things like Hulu and other services that can pull up the awards later during the week. 

Yes, but those are other numbers. 

For example, nobody knows how much did VMAs 2019 in the Live +7 ratings.

VMA ratings are confusing af since they added simulcast, then added social media numbers, and now a "linear consumer audience." If you want to compared with previous years, it has to be done under the same concept.

And all this stuff, just because MTV can say that the awards did not have a fall, but no matter what artist is in, the awards shows continue to fall year after year.

JusKeepBreathin
10 minutes ago, TheArcher said:

Yes, but those are other numbers. 

For example, nobody knows how much did VMAs 2019 in the Live +7 ratings.

VMA ratings are confusing af since they added simulcast, then added social media numbers, and now a "linear consumer audience." If you want to compared with previous years, it has to be done under the same concept.

And all this stuff, just because MTV can say that the awards did not have a fall, but no matter what artist is in, the awards shows continue to fall year after year.

The VMA's just don't makes sense anymore. IMO. But I actually like the pre-taped without an audience format better than the live show for some reason this year. It felt very social media. Everyone one of the performers has two or three moments in the performances that translates so well to the quickness of social media and will cause people to stop and look at the post. Especially Miley. They really put alot of thought into making it translate into social media for her. 

Economy
11 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Viacom must have promised her free advertising for Haus Labs for three years or a sitcom because they really desperately needed her at the VMAs this year. 

And they timed the spacing of her awards and long ass performance so that periodically she kept showing up haha

Kiss 92.5 Today was talking about the VMAs and the general consensus among the radio hosts was that Gaga was the highlight

But this ain't surprising tho tbh. The VMAs was always big on the idea of a big show, shock value, fashion etc more than any other award show. And that's literally the definition of Gaga

There hasn't been an artist since Madonna who is a better fit for what the VMAs are supposed to be all about so it's not surprising Gaga fits the VMAs so well and in turn also helps it's viewership

Madonna and Gaga are also basically the ones that won the most awards of all time for the VMAs... Also not surprising. Madonna won the most and Gaga I'm not sure where she ranks but it's close to the top as well

keith ink
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

The Black Eyed Peas = Ratings :vegas:

I choked on my water u bicthh hahahaha

honestly gaga gave them ratings. Her power uggghhh

Justin Drew Bieber
21 minutes ago, Economy said:

And they timed the spacing of her awards and long ass performance so that periodically she kept showing up haha

Kiss 92.5 Today was talking about the VMAs and the general consensus among the radio hosts was that Gaga was the highlight

But this ain't surprising tho tbh. The VMAs was always big on the idea of a big show, shock value, fashion etc more than any other award show. And that's literally the definition of Gaga

There hasn't been an artist since Madonna who is a better fit for what the VMAs are supposed to be all about so it's not surprising Gaga fits the VMAs so well and in turn also helps it's viewership

Madonna and Gaga are also basically the ones that won the most awards of all time for the VMAs... Also not surprising. Madonna won the most and Gaga I'm not sure where she ranks but it's close to the top as well

According to Wiki Madonna has 20 VMAs, while Gaga has 18 :pole:

keith ink
1 hour ago, Chromatica said:

The Black Eyed Peas = Ratings :vegas:

I choked on my water u bicthh hahahaha

honestly gaga gave them ratings. Her power uggghhh

Archived