Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

FULL UPDATE: 2020 VMAs drop from 2019

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

HeavyMetalLover
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

This is why other Stan bases think we are delusional. :zilla:

Lmao I edited my post. It's a little confusing.

i don't remember ARTPOP

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

So based on the source shared to me below, it looks like the 1.93 million viewers is among adults 18-49 demographic for 2019, whereas total viewership across all 12 channels for 2019 was 4.9 million, so looks like Gaga indeed brought the ratings in this year with 6.4 million  :firega:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vmas-hit-all-time-ratings-low-3rd-straight-year-1234937

HeavyMetalLover
1 minute ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

I feel like Variety has last years cumulative numbers wrong then. Wikipedia reports 4.9 too. 

It looks like the added the cumulative and the MTV viewers together to get 6.8. Confusing af.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Damon

to be honest i think award shows are pretty lame nowadays so i didnt bother to watch the full thing, just the performances i was interested on youtube after

... and now i just sit in silence.

Pop Music

We stan higher ratings bc of Gaga :legend::huntyga:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Gagaloo911 said:

This is just flat out the opposite of what the article said but okay lol

Opposite where?

011676-A9-DD5-D-4-EB5-B23-B-0-CDFF00-D65

82518-C4-C-44-C5-485-F-AA5-F-4-F589-DDE4

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

TheArcher

Variety

The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards performed pretty strongly in the ratings department, given the unprecedented COVID-19 circumstances.

This year’s ceremony, hosted by “Hustlers” star Keke Palmer, was down only 5% on last year in terms of total linear viewership. A total of 6.4 million viewers tuned in across MTV and the 12 other ViacomCBS brands on which it was simulcast, as opposed to 6.8 million last time around (that includes the pre-show, main show, post-show, and encores).

Those 12 other brands included the CW for the first time this year, where it scored 871,000 total viewers and a 0.2 rating among adults 18-49.

Gagaloo911
10 minutes ago, Stef said:

I’m confused at the Variety report. They say last years show had 6.8 but their article from last year says it had 4.9m?

16 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Where are they getting the 6.8m in the article for last year?

So based on the source shared to me below, it looks like the 1.93 million viewers is among adults 18-49 demographic for 2019, whereas total viewership across all 12 channels for 2019 was 4.9 million, so looks like Gaga indeed brought the ratings in this year with 6.4 million. Idk where they pulled in the 6.8M figure from tho in that article.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vmas-hit-all-time-ratings-low-3rd-straight-year-1234937

JusKeepBreathin
4 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

I feel like Variety has last years cumulative numbers wrong then. Wikipedia reports 4.9 too. 

Last year Variety themselves reported 4.9 million total viewers.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/tv-ratings-2019-mtv-vmas-1203316027/

Which one of you gurls writes for Variety this year?:stalkga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

HeavyMetalLover

viacomcbs-mtv-vmas2020-LadyGaga4thAcceptance-1598839219-928x523.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mtv-vmas-2020-ratings

"That is not, however a measure of the average TV audience. Linear consumption of the awards, with encores and pre- and post-shows included, was off by about 5 percent at 6.4 million viewers, vs. 6.8 million in 2019. On-air numbers for the main show weren't immediately available; The CW contributed 871,000 viewers."

I'm too gay for this sh*t. :confused: :smh:

i don't remember ARTPOP

24 minutes ago, Stephen said:

And her performance has 6.3 million views on YouTube ALONE. The power :air:

The queen is back :pawsup:

1 minute ago, TheArcher said:

Variety

The 2020 MTV Video Music Awards performed pretty strongly in the ratings department, given the unprecedented COVID-19 circumstances.

This year’s ceremony, hosted by “Hustlers” star Keke Palmer, was down only 5% on last year in terms of total linear viewership. A total of 6.4 million viewers tuned in across MTV and the 12 other ViacomCBS brands on which it was simulcast, as opposed to 6.8 million last time around (that includes the pre-show, main show, post-show, and encores).

Those 12 other brands included the CW for the first time this year, where it scored 871,000 total viewers and a 0.2 rating among adults 18-49.

but the report from last year said the total viewers are 4.9  million?:triggered:
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/tv-ratings-2019-mtv-vmas-1203316027/
This year’s iteration was down 6% in the 18-49 demographic and was watched by a total 4.9 million total viewers across the dozen or so networks on which it was simulcast. Last year’s show averaged 5.234 million across 11 networks, down 8% from the 2017 edition.

HeavyMetalLover

Apparently they went down 5%.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mtv-vmas-2020-ratings

That is not, however a measure of the average TV audience. Linear consumption of the awards, with encores and pre- and post-shows included, was off by about 5 percent at 6.4 million viewers, vs. 6.8 million in 2019. On-air numbers for the main show weren't immediately available; The CW contributed 871,000 viewers.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived