Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Lady Gaga Talks About Wearing Masks at the VMAs

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4

"I think part of what was cool about this project was that it seems like the desire to build something like this came from Gaga [directly], A lot of the main VMAs performers were not wearing masks. They were under very strict safety rules, and everyone was quarantined for so long, the performers didn't have to wear masks but the dancers all did. When Gaga heard that, she was like, "That sends the wrong message, to say that if you're at a certain level of power or something, you don't have to wear a mask." I think it really meant a lot to her to wear a mask. Then obviously, if she's going to wear a mask, she's going to wear a crazy thing that changes fashion.

But for us, that was really an inspiring ask. We were like, "That's a really well thought-out concern coming from a person who does have a lot of influence, particularly on young people." It was really inspiring and that made us want to work on this even more."

lady-gaga-mask-1200.jpg

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/a33854014/lady-gaga-mask-designer-vmas-interview/

coolninjaguy

our queens always thinking of others... i know she's a rich millionaire but its little things like this that show that she's still that same girl from 15 years ago  :heart:

I really am so proud to be stanning a woman who sets such thoughtful und respectful examples. we desperately need more people to use their brains like she does.

gagasicebath

This is how legends behave.

Seriously, leading by example is SO important and means so much. It’s no surprise she’s had so many of the same dancers in her team for years and years, working for someone who stands by her principles is always going to inspire loyalty.

AndrewGr

It definitely does. Seeing her do that choreo and singing with a mask on will silence those Karens that claim they can't go to the supermarket with one because they can't breathe :ladyhaha:

Today on French TV they talked a lot about her masks for the VMA’s (they talked more about her than other artists :billie:) and they were saying « Is she gonna start a new fashion trend? » and then they showed creative masks, weird ones, new concepts, and even a guy who created one similar to Gaga’s performance, with LEDs following your voice (i really need one btw :poot:)

They didn’t say much about her statement though :neyde:

Archived