đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

"Emily in Paris" - Oct. 2 on Netflix

elijahfan

Featured Posts

elijahfan

Hello everyone,

I'm very proud to tell you that Darren Star's brand new TV show "Emily in Paris" starring Lily Collins is going to premiere on Netflix on Oct. 2. I've had the immense privilege of working on this project last year assisting the legendary Patricia Field (of "Sex and the City" and "Devil Wears Prada" fame) in the creation of the looks. This was the project of a lifetime, and I hope you'll tune in next month to see what we've cooked up for you :party:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BUtterfield 8

I’m excited for this show because the fashion looks amazing 

I hope I’m not offending you elijahfan but Darren Star doesn’t really have diversity in any of the shows he’s done which is unfortunate (in terms of the lead role). 

nonetheless I will be streaming!

elijahfan
Just now, Blue Lagoon said:

I’m excited for this show because the fashion looks amazing 

I hope I’m not offending you elijahfan but Darren Star doesn’t really have diversity in any of the shows he’s done which is unfortunate (in terms of the lead role). 

nonetheless I will be streaming!

Don't worry, he's my boss, not my friend :ladyhaha: The series does have Asian and PoC major roles tho, so hopefully this is going in the right direction.

Everyone speaks with an american accent in this show? :ladyhaha: As a Parisian I barely meet americans everyday like that but I understand it's fictional

Congratulations! This is # MAJOR :kiss:

I’ll definitely be watching! xoxo 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

• 1 month later...
elijahfan

Bumping this thread now that the show is officially streaming - hope you guys will enjoy. Maybe... tell me what are your favorite looks? :party:

lavenderblondee

CONGRATS! This is such a great accomplishment. 

I love anything Darren does, I'm definitely going to start this tomorrow. I will say though that up until two days ago, I had no idea this show existed. 

Guest Adarsh

Omg congratulations! Patricia is one of my favourite stylists ever :heart: I’m gonna watch the show today :party:

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, SLAG said:

I’ve been binging this all day! It’s a great show! :enigma:

I'm happy you enjoyed it :hug:

2 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Omg congratulations! Patricia is one of my favourite stylists ever :heart: I’m gonna watch the show today :party:

Hope you'll like it! It's definitely in the same vein as her other major projects, so hopefully you'll enjoy it :kiss:

She's 31?? I swear to god I thought she was an early-mid 20 something. I'll watch this for the fashion and travel p*rn but I didn't get attached to the storyline from the trailer. 

monstertoronto

Wow congrats on such a cool gig! I’m obsessed with SATC and Younger and I love Paris so I was totally excited about this new show. I’ve been watching today and it’s everything I was hoping it would be. Pure escapism and everything looks gorge. Glad to see an Asian and a Black character in the main cast too! And well done on all the looks, they’re fab!

elijahfan

Also, a funny anecdote you guys might enjoy: in the first draft of the script, Mindy was supposed to be singing Gypsy at the drag club, but it was ultimately changed to Sia's Chandelier. I don't exactly know the reason for the change, but I assume they either wanted a more well-known tune or had a clearance issue. I also suspect La Vie en rose performance in the park was very much inspired by ASIB, as Mindy is performing it exactly like Gaga, switching from French to English at the exact same moment. Voilà!

Archived