đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you wish she kept off the mask

Lighter

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

Not at all. Gaga has always been socially conscious, and it would've been irresponsible to have Ari and the dancers all around without wearing them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
numb the flame
9 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Not at all. Gaga has always been socially conscious, and it would've been irresponsible to have Ari and the dancers all around without wearing them.

The dancers were actually required to wear them but artists weren't. Gaga thought it made it look like she's better than the dancers and it sets a and example if she didn't wear a mask as well. 

No. yes I would’ve liked to see her full face of course but I saw A LOT of people praising her on other forums and sites because she kept a mask on. And I think her being safe and promoting a mask made the performance that much better.

CatelynnMarie

No. It was iconic. It would have been nice to see her face in full, but honestly the masks somehow go along with the theme of Chromatica quite well I feel. Chromatica is supposed to be this safe haven, but with all the dark imagery/ dark themes in the album, it just.. goes and gives it kind of a dystopian feel all while keeping her and everyone around her under protection. Plus it gives a positive message. I'm excited of her usage of masks.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority that thinks masks in general look super cool and badass, so idk maybe that has an influence on my thoughts on this lol

Chromatica Island

Ugh y'all always have something to complain about, the mask was ICONIC! It reminded me of The Fame era, it was very innovative and cool! 

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

ArtpopAct2

Absolutely not.

Her looks will go down in history because of the masks. They will be looked back on as a symbol.

latina twilight

Do I wish I could see how the performance would look like in other context, with a crowd and no masks? Yes.

Do I wish she performed with no mask? No. It served as a bold political statement.

She's always been vocal about the importance of health care during this pandemic, the wiser decision was to wear a mask herself, and still being able to do the hard work and looking great while doing so.

Also, she didn't actually needed to wear one if everyone around her were doing it, but she showed a very important truth there: NO ONE IS EXEMPT to the virus, not even rich people, celebrities, public figures, we all have to wear it.

She pretty much said, wearing a mask is cool, so just do it.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

organic salad
16 hours ago, Lighter said:

Don’t get me wrong she was still the most vocally powerful of the night no doubt. But hearing some offkey parts it was a bit of a disadvantage wasn’t it.

Obviously, but that's the point. :) 

She wanted to sing live AND wear a mask. WALK THE WALK, you know? :heart:

How The Design Team Behind Lady Gaga’s Iconic VMAs Mask Put It Together "In One Week" (Elle)

Sheinkopf: And balancing that with some really functional restrictions—because it was really important to [Gaga] TO SING ON THE SHOW. A lot of our design considerations were like, "What can you sing in? ... I think part of what was cool about this project was that it seems like the desire to build something like this came from Gaga [directly] ... I think it really meant a lot to her TO WEAR A MASK. 

PartySick

Are you kidding? I love it :bradley: aside from the fact that she made them into great looking accessories, she decided to set an example.

Mask up!

Also, imagine looking back on this post-covid :flutter:

đź–¤

Archived