💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

"Sexxx Dreams" was planned to be the lead single of ARTPOP

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

Ronnie
9 minutes ago, LadyInsecto said:

the lyrics are "former AND", not "friend". She killed her Born This Way self, not Beyoncé. Idk why people still believe the song lyrics are related to Telephone MV.

Yes, I know the lyrics. It’s so obvious that the song was intended to be the continuation. The Tarantino-esque beginning, lyrics tying the song to the end of Telephone.Just Saying Come On GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damon

i thought it was aura and she didn't liked applause that much but interacooe wanted to push it bc was more radio friendly? :bear:

anyway, i don't see sexx dreamw as a lead or even as a single, too explicit tho

... and now i just sit in silence.

God Control

Born This Way and ARTPOP are two albums that had like 30 conflicting statements about their strategy lol once it’s aura then it’s sexxx dreams then the second single is Venus then no Venus won’t be single but will have a video then six months of silence and “oh look! It’s GUY” and before that was Volantis and the app

BTW was like MTN was gonna be the first single then it’s BTW and then Americano Mariachi and then BTW alternate version and then singles being 7 or 8 maybe 10 and we got half of those and then oh take a poll to pick the single and then they picked the least voted one 

Benji
Just now, MANiCURE 6 said:

Imagine a world where Sexxx Dreams is the first single of ARTPOP... :enigma:

then imagine if it featured Robin Thicke as once planned and then imagine a “successful” second single of Do What U Want with R. Kelly.

Sis would’ve been CANCELLED.

Seryabkina
18 minutes ago, LadyInsecto said:

the lyrics are "former AND", not "friend". She killed her Born This Way self, not Beyoncé. Idk why people still believe the song lyrics are related to Telephone MV.

actually, the original lyrics were "i killed my boyfriend" or smth, in the Burqa demo, which would tie with the Paparazzi / Telephone plot

PopEmergency

we would've gotten a sexxx dreams video :excuseu:

i don't know what's worse, this or the fact that "Nothing On ..." was scrapped from ARTPOP

7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I'm about to find out if it's possible to ban you from your own site xoxo

Well technically it is but then Admin has the opportunity to revoke your warning:bear:

Thought about doing it many times on LGN but i don’t have the audacity:ladyhaha:

hieronymus
33 minutes ago, Admin said:

That song has a 10/10 chorus and 1/10 verses.

Yeah, it's like partial spoken word and whispers and I can't imagine it going well if that was a single period much less a lead.

MANiCURE 6
1 minute ago, Benji said:

then imagine if it featured Robin Thicke as once planned and then imagine a “successful” second single of Do What U Want with R. Kelly.

Sis would’ve been CANCELLED.

I forgot about this little detail :huntyga:

Well get rid of Robin Thicke

1st single : Sexxx Dreams

2sd single : Venus

3rd single : Do What U Want (feat. R Kelly)

4th single : G.U.Y.

CantGetEnough

Thank God that didn't happen. It's a good song, but not lead-single worthy. I'm always shocked she hated Applause, there's a reason it had longevity in the top 10. Of that album, only a few singles realistically could capture ARTPOP as a lead. 

Gagaloo911

Would have flopped tbh. I like the song but it wouldn't have done good as a lead.

Applause was the best choice and it had major longevity in the Billboard Top 10 that we could only dream of now.

Archived