💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

We haven’t gotten more than 2 proper singles per album in 8 years. Why?

petty

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber

I think we’ll get 2 more singles from Chromatica. They’ll probably be new songs that’ll be added to the deluxe edition next year.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
Delulu Rogers

So 8 months later, the question remains. Why are there only 2 singles for chromatica? Clearly another WW proper single is not happening. I also don't get why they couldn't release more singles pre album if thats what it takes these days. Crazy to think that by the time LG7 comes it will be over 10 years since an album got more than 2 singles. 

blindinghope
On 8/28/2020 at 2:10 PM, Arloway said:

Because since streaming service become prevalent, all songs from the album are available on the day of its release. It's rare to have a successful 3rd single after the album is released. Of course there are some exceptions like watermelon sugar, but it's very rare. Mostly the record label will just consider the profit of releasing another single and call if off. So it's not only her decision. 

Back in the days of TF and BTW, the most prevalent way to listen to music is through digital download.  So even though an album had been released for over a year, many people still haven't heard the whole album yet and a 4th or even 5th single will just further promote the album. 

And this is why American music needs to change things up. 

Economy

I dont think that was the intention but sometimes stuff doesnt go according to plan

Joanne wasnt her biggest commercial hit era (despite being good for her image). PI flopped in most major markets and MR took a while to catch on and by that point the era was dragging on too long for a non hit era so it made sense to just stop promoting to GP and she gave JW for her fans. It made sense

Chromatica had covid19 screw up plans

Stuff happens. 

Also i dunno if ur counting ARTPOP in this 8 year stretch but i thought GUY was a single? :huh:

Ricardo
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Chromatica had covid19 screw up plans

I know at this point this have been said many times before, but honestly COVID19 isn't the most suitable excuse for the lack of promo because we all saw Dua Lipa working her ass off, tho I know she is "new" so she's giving her TFM/BTW era, with over exposure, not my intention for Gaga to do the same of course but Dua showed us how it was possible to promote an album amidst a pandemic

so I think Gaga is at this point doesn't have the need to promote her albums, like she has nothing else to prove and she's clearly busy with other projects 

Living

Quick cycles so she can move on quicker. Aim now is to sell out tours and get fans to buy as much crap as possible.. not promote albums. 

Archived