💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

We haven’t gotten more than 2 proper singles per album in 8 years. Why?

petty

Featured Posts

Because since streaming service become prevalent, all songs from the album are available on the day of its release. It's rare to have a successful 3rd single after the album is released. Of course there are some exceptions like watermelon sugar, but it's very rare. Mostly the record label will just consider the profit of releasing another single and call if off. So it's not only her decision. 

Back in the days of TF and BTW, the most prevalent way to listen to music is through digital download.  So even though an album had been released for over a year, many people still haven't heard the whole album yet and a 4th or even 5th single will just further promote the album. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God Control

Lack of ongoing success and relevance for songs and singles, corporate greed and relying on tours to make revenue not albums. 

dynamite
2 hours ago, LadyGoo said:

Born This Way did not have proper singles. Judas was rush released and then immediately scrapped.

Edge of Boring and You & Why could be considered proper singles, even though one had the original video concept thrown away and the other one was a 2 year old song.

If The Edge of Glory is boring then what kind of drugs do you need to get you going :duck:

2 hours ago, dynamite said:

If The Edge of Glory is boring then what kind of drugs do you need to get you going :duck:

Edge of Boring doesn't have enough of a range, she doesn't hit any type of high note, it's all within the same octave it feels like interestinga.gif

dynamite
1 minute ago, LadyGoo said:

Edge of Boring doesn't have enough of a range, she doesn't hit any type of high note, it's all within the same octave it feels like interestinga.gif

The whole thing is a high note :duck:

Red Velvet

Free Woman, Babylon, Alice and Sour Candy ARE RIGHT THERE.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Damon

i'm really positive about having another single from Chromatica though, i like to think gaga is actually planning something and that's why she is so quiet rn :bear:

... and now i just sit in silence.

ArtGagaPop

Well Chromatica isn't over yet to there might still be a 3rd and even 4th single. But also, the industry has changed alot since early 2010s. Unless you release alot of singles pre album, albums usually never have more then 2-3 proper singles nowdays. 

MANiCURE 6

ARTPOP

Applause (+Music Video)

Do What U Want

Venus (+"MV")

Dope

G.U.Y. (+MV)

Joanne

Perfect Illusion (+MV)

A-YO

Million Reasons (+MV)

John Wayne (+MV)

(The Cure)

Joanne (Piano Version) (+MV)

TimisaMonster

Alice will get her moment dont worry :billie::ally:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

My Name Isnt Alice
14 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Alice will get her moment dont worry :billie::ally:

lady gaga GIF

Thank u for believing in me :vegas:

Archived