Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Two drag race contestants in hiatus because of online hate/harrassment

Supersonic

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, justhislife said:

What are they gonna do, cancel the show? The entire show is "I feel like I should have won this week", "she looks like x", and "who does she think she is?". The show thrives off the drama between the queens and them tearing each other down. 

They could start with not throwing contestants under the bus for a start, look at the earlier seasons the show was more about the competition than the drama. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, JOSHMATICA said:

They could start with not throwing contestants under the bus for a start, look at the earlier seasons the show was more about the competition than the drama. 

What season should I watch? The earliest I saw was season 6 and it was pretty brutal still. 

BUtterfield 8

So like at this point the most problematic fandoms ever are:

1. Video gamers

2. anime/manga 

3. Comic book 

4. Drag race

am I right?

ImpossiblePrincess

It is so upsetting that this happens, I hate the ****ing drag race fandom sm, it is very annoying to be a part of when half criticises every queen on the show and half try and act like only their opinion matters. Queens should be allowed to be themselves, the fans are annoying. Sorry to Rita and Brita if you read this, you deserve better, you’re both amazing and talented! 

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

Just now, justhislife said:

What season should I watch? The earliest I saw was season 6 and it was pretty brutal still. 

Season 8 was pretty drama free except for Derrick. Tbh, the one biggest problem the show has is giving the villain edit to  queens of colour. For example over the seasons here are the queens who got the "villain edit"

Season 1: Rebecca (qoc) Akasha (qoc)

Season 2: Tyra (qoc) Raven

Season 3: Raja (qoc) Shangela (qoc) Mimi Imfurst

Season 4: Phi Phi O'Hara (qoc) If you read her tweets they're really sad, she got off the worst

Season 5: Roxxy Andrews (qoc)

Season 6: Darienne

Season 7: Kennedy (qoc) Jasmine Masters (qoc)

Season 8: Derrick Barry, Acid Betty

All Stars 2: Phi Phi again

Season 9: Aja (qoc) Nina Bonina Brown (qoc) Alexis Michelle

Season 10: The Vixen (qoc) 

Season 11: Rajah O'Hara (qoc) Akeria (qoc) Silky (qoc)

All Stars 4: Latrice (qoc) Gia (qoc)

Season 12: Brita (qoc)

You see a trend here??? this contributes to the fan bases racism, look at AS5 when Miz Cracker got the villain edit and fans seem to sympathise with her as oppose to sending her hate showing the double standard of how white queens vs queens of colour get treated.

LaLuna

Of course there are toxic fanbases everywhere (hi GGD :ally:), but the Drag Race fandom is next-level toxic. This is NOT okay. 

29 minutes ago, justhislife said:

What are they gonna do, cancel the show? The entire show is "I feel like I should have won this week", "she looks like x", and "who does she think she is?". The show thrives off the drama between the queens and them tearing each other down. 

That's actually a good point. The show does thrive off drama, and I do feel like it's part of the problem, but you won't ever see RuPaul or the producers address this.

Archived