Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Elton John: ‘Chart Music Isn’t Real Music’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, shoful said:

He constantly goes out of his way to shade Madonna for no ****ing reason. He’s just a jealous fart 

Omg yes i agree on this part, Madonna hadn’t MENTIONED him or anything and suddenly he starts to drag the way she looks and talk and does and then apparently he got angry because Madonna didn’t respond.... but i mean the ARTPOP part is just depending on taste and what he likes and not, same with Madonna’s music, but dragging her personality and everything without meeting her is beyond questioning me

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa
1 hour ago, Sunny said:

he's quick to call someone out for having songwriters but he doesn't even write his own songs

Ahhhh burn!!!!!! 

The Sine From Above should have healed his personality instead of his heart

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

brucee

Elton is so damn right. Honestlychart music is fast food music and we're so used to it.... 

hello hello baby.

Anderson123

I love Elton but the way he says these things lmao. There are so many great artists out there that make their music with a computer and there’s nothing wrong with that, I think it’s pretty impressive and it’s evolution. He sounds like a grandpa. 

But I kinda understand his point. A lot of great music gets ignored and most Top 40 songs are so generic and cheap. 

GagaEnigma
1 hour ago, PopEmergency said:

Gaga about to cancel the VMA performance because of this :ladyhaha:

Please don't say the c word :cryga:

It's cursed :bradley:

brucee
1 hour ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Electronic music can be just as valid and artistic as music with live instruments. To think otherwise it's a pretty dated and close-minded vision.

there is a difference between what music and electronic music. 

hello hello baby.

NFRatwell
10 minutes ago, MingersPrayer said:

What did he say about AP? I missed that

F69-ABBBB-7-D1-D-4565-9508-ED522375-F3-A

first search result :bear:

"It was not a good album and I think [Lady Gaga] would admit that," Elton John said.

flyaway
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I just realized Sine From Above has 12 songwriters. Why? :deadbanana:

As Gaga has stated several times, it was passed on many times with different producers giving touches to it. They are credited for the music.

flyaway

He has a good point. Many songs from the top 40 sound the same and are boring and predictable. 

NewUsername

I get what he's trying to say, but a statement like this doesn't really leave much space for nuance.
Chart music and art aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, in the same way non-chart music isn't de facto superior art.

1 hour ago, CyanLights said:

If I want to listen to Beethoven's 543929th Symphony after listening to WAP let me be 

That's also the beautiful thing about music, you can perfectly enjoy very different genres :queenga:

Archived