Elton John: ‘Chart Music Isn’t Real Music’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dollardays

So his hits aren't real music :oprah:

The music that charts is what the big industry pushes, not the best music out there wbk :ohwell:

ELECTROHEART

So, almost the whole discography of one of his best friends (Gaga) incluided a song where he's featured (SFA) isn't real music... according to him :madge:

Anyways I always will think that Sine From Above without him would be 1000(doves.mp3) times better than the original :madge:

Quote me :madge:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Leave Elton alone please. He has a tendency to speak frankly and honestly and maybe a bit carelessly (no wonder Bernie has to write the lyrics). I watched Elton's interview with Graham Norton a while back, and he was searingly honest about himself and also about his mother. No punches pulled. He is the man he is. His foot is in his mouth sometimes, but I'm happy with the 50 years of music he's given us.

I don't think it matters how many people were involved in writing a song, or whether computers were involved, or why it was written. Surely, it's just a case that you listen and either you like or you no like.

gagzus
On 8/27/2020 at 1:48 PM, NFRockwell said:

His relationship with Gaga on a music level makes no sense to me :bear: He dragged ARTPOP and now he’s saying he doesn’t like a lot of songwriters or computerized music despite Sine From Above 

I think it’s more to do with he loves Gaga as a musician and her musical talent but he doesn’t like electronic music at all. He probably would prefer an album say Joanne over Chromatica, but I think Gaga likes that he’s honest with her.

Also SFA has that many songwriters because Axwell started it and had it for probably 4-5 years and they all collaborated and had input into the song. Plus Gaga credits producers with writing credits for suggestions and vocal chop ideas all the time so they get paid more because writers get paid more than producers % wise.

EDIT: just noticed this topic is DAYS old sorry :bear:

Archived