💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Elton John: ‘Chart Music Isn’t Real Music’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

BEVERLY-HILLS-CA-FEBRUARY-26-Elton-John-

“A lot of them don’t get played on the radio because they’re too sophisticated and we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that.”

[Elton] revealed he’s a fan of singer-songwriter Father John Misty because he writes “proper songs”.

“(Misty) reminds me a little bit of me the way he writes songs,” Elton said, adding that he was also a fan of 21-year-old Conan Gray, a rising singer-songwriter on American Spotify’s Top 50, for crafting his own music.

“There’s a boy called Conan Gray who has a song called Heather and he’s about 22, he’s from America and he’s the only person in the American Spotify Top 50 to actually write the song without anybody else,” he said.

“Everybody else there’s four or five writers on (a track) and (Gray is) going to be huge,” he predicted. “You look at most of the records in the charts – they’re not real songs. They’re bits and pieces and it’s nice to hear someone write a proper song.”

“I like people who write songs. And there’s plenty of people that do but a lot of them don’t get played on the radio because they’re too sophisticated and we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that.”

Speaking to the outlet ahead of the Record Store Day re-release of his debut album, the legendary musician admitted the revival hasn’t encouraged him to start revisiting his old tunes anytime soon.

“I don’t listen to any of my records any more. I just don’t do it. I’m not one of these artists that sits there compiling stuff from all the vaults and stuff like that,” he stated.

“I’m more interested in what’s coming next than what went by,” the “Crocodile Rock” star insisted.

https://au.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/elton-john-declares-that-chart-music-isnt-real-music-16239/

Hottie Detector

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NFRatwell

His relationship with Gaga on a music level makes no sense to me :bear: He dragged ARTPOP and now he’s saying he doesn’t like a lot of songwriters or computerized music despite Sine From Above 

Teletubby
5 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I don’t listen to any of my records any more.

5 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

I’m more interested in what’s coming next than what went by,

bye bye Sine From Above

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Kimmo
Just now, ThisGuyTony said:

I just realized Sine From Above has 12 songwriters. Why? :deadbanana:

Because “iT iSnT rEaL MuSiC”

1-FB71-A6-D-15-D4-4-E18-A88-C-F94-FB17-E

Hottie Detector

Logan

That's interesting that he doesn't listen to his own music. I wonder if Gaga tries to avoid her old stuff as well?

COOOK
39 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

“There’s a boy called Conan Gray who has a song called Heather

Here for the Conan praise

DaftFameMonster

"we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that." 

Its the future, learning and making music is now more accessible than ever to all kinds of people through new technologies, I think he's showing art police realness.  

Anveeroy
8 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

we get songs made by a computer all the time and I’m not interested in that.

Skype cancelled 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Sunny

he's quick to call someone out for having songwriters but he doesn't even write his own songs

I like dancin', and ponies....

CyanLights
7 minutes ago, DaftFameMonster said:

Its the future, learning and making music is now more accessible than ever to all kinds of people through new technologies, I think he's showing art police realness.  

agreed - this interview comes across as very stubborn and out of touch. Why cant we just let people enjoy what they want to enjoy :saladga:

If I want to listen to Beethoven's 543929th Symphony after listening to WAP let me be 

Teletubby
On 8/27/2020 at 2:50 PM, PopEmergency said:

Gaga about to cancel the VMA performance because of this :ladyhaha:

She will sing 1000 Doves (Piano Demo):lolga:

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Archived