💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Critics are DRAGGING Katy Perry's new album

petty

Featured Posts

boyerased

I’ve learned a long time ago that critics don’t matter on Katy’s album. They’re actually mostly enjoyable. they’re not some genius work of art or “good” albums per se but they’re fun. When you look at them compared to her peers it’ll start to go bad but that’s it.

Also I can’t with people calling Witness experimental. To an extent for Katy it is, but generally it’s not. It’s still a Katy Perry record minus the spark that made her big.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
papergangster

I have never let critic reviews sway my opinions when I listen to an artist’s music. If I like the music then that’s all that matters. I’ll give Smile a listen and I’ll continue to show support for this woman. 

1 minute ago, QueenMortuana said:

Oops. How about 'music not the critical acclaim'? :bear:

Yeah that works :oops: as long as she's having fun am I right? 

QueenMortuana
2 minutes ago, KARMA said:

Yeah that works :oops: as long as she's having fun am I right? 

You right you right :haroon:

Oyster

They're not wrong though. I can't ever stan her because she is not a real artist to me. No growth, not much talent anywhere, just a big budget (and not even anymore). There is no maturity to her or any ounce of development. You can't stay relevant like that. She had some bops here and there but there is nothing to her. She's a below average singer, her music is like all the same, and she literally acts like a child. Really.... I'm happy people have moved past her. There are so many people that deserve that spot more.

2 minutes ago, Oyster said:

They're not wrong though. I can't ever stan her because she is not a real artist to me. No growth, not much talent anywhere, just a big budget (and not even anymore). There is no maturity to her or any ounce of development. You can't stay relevant like that. She had some bops here and there but there is nothing to her. She's a below average singer, her music is like all the same, and she literally acts like a child. Really.... I'm happy people have moved past her. There are so many people that deserve that spot more.

I agree, and her music in the early days isn't even her music, she's just the figure because of her then beauty 

Summerboi14

I don't care about critics. She would be dragged for everything she does. Imagine Katy released Folklore, it would've been a mess and called try hard. Critics don't like her in general. 

shoful

I’m still excited for the album but none of the album tracks that came out I don’t find good. (i mean Smile and Woman) HiH and NRO seem to just be tacked on because they were hits which I love those songs! But those other 2 seem so lackluster. Woman was really really really bad 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

ArtpopAct2

I’m picturing it scoring like a 67 on MC and the kats will be flaunting it as her highest rated album without realizing the self drag :air:

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, GaGaAst said:

wait is this real?

Wasn't everyone expecting this album to her most critically acclaimed and bring her first Grammy. NRO - 365-HIH were all solid songs. 

If this is true, her career just ended. Wish this doesn't affect her much. 

It didn't affect her first three albums.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

SpiritBunny
44 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

What did she really ExPeRiMeNtEd with Witness tho? 

Yes, her and her team made one of the worst mainstream pop albums in recent years. That in itself is pretty experimental no?:oops:

1 hour ago, Babel said:

Never Worn White, always worn yellow

Captura-de-Pantalla-2020-08-24-a-la-s-20

f8558498-ec8a-4206-9ugjum.jpeg
Still the female MJ after all these years!

250e9d79-9be1-4e26-b4oajkh.gif

7982BRICK

I don’t listen to Katy music cause they are some sort of musical masterpieces.

I listen to Katy’s music cause she makes great bops and ballads.

Just cause she’s not the biggest thing in music doesn’t mean that she is over. 

Katy and Gaga will never be as big as they were in the early 2010’s but I’ll still love them long as they keep making music they love. 

GagaSine
59 minutes ago, Oyster said:

Wow I honestly agree so much, she always seemed very gimmicky to me and has proved over and over that she has very little substance as an artist.

It’s fine, she can do what she wants but I truly don’t understand any interest that she does receive. But I also am not that into basic pop (not trying to be shady I just don’t know how else to call it? ‘Generic’?) so I guess that is just my taste.

Archived