💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Critics are DRAGGING Katy Perry's new album

petty

Featured Posts

My Name Isnt Alice

I said it before critics picks scores out of a lottery biased to slow songs than dance songs

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas
38 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Also, I LOVE the fact that Chromatica (for me) sounds like Gaga previous work. 

Interesting. I don’t think Chromatica sounds nearly like anything Gaga has done before. Yes, it’s dance music, but I don’t think it can be compared to any of her previous dance records, which all had different sounds. 

Nuggets

Is anybody surprised? :rip:

Critics have always hated Katy for some reason.

I mean I wasn't expecting this album to be critically acclaimed or something but this time they outdid themselves.

Maybe it's just me but this doesn't seem to be about just the music anymore. :shrug:

lEZreXk.png

20200824-204718.jpg

"So “Smile” is something of a housekeeping album. Apologies to everyone — parents, fans, lovers, other women, old lovers. Here’s hoping motherhood gives Perry a real reason to smile"

https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-ent-katy-perry-smile-review-20200824-6hctqs3ddbap3itckpzlag7epi-story.html

Favorite McDonald's Snack

TWICE on hatius
8 minutes ago, Lighter said:

What’s experimental exactly.

2016/2017 was full of political albums, which directly referenced what’s going on. Witness in the other hand was vague and never actually spoke on anything specifically. The production was a typical pop album would have. Katy has always been in her comfort zone with sounds and the trends reflected on the market, which is not a bad thing considering she’s a hit artist after all.

But the excuse fan came up for witness is tiring. Her albums can’t live to critics’s standard not because one or two hate her. It’s the consensus that her albums are on the average side.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Judas Society
9 minutes ago, PETTY said:

but you just said critics don’t mean sh*t so why are you checking at all if they don’t mean anything :bear:

I guess I wanna see if Gaga is finally appreciated by the critics. If yes, I'll be happy for her, if not, I guess just let things be. :vegas:

FlopSlurper

ARTPOP is my favourite gaga album and we know how critics treated it, so I know better than to trust them

QueenMortuana

Music not the bling. She seems to be super happy with it and she's doing so much promotion so good for her. 

1 minute ago, QueenMortuana said:

Music not the bling. She seems to be super happy with it and she's doing so much promotion so good for her. 

But review is the music, not the bling...so your statement doesn't apply 

buzzkill
25 minutes ago, Lighter said:

What did she really ExPeRiMeNtEd with Witness tho? 

i saw this coming when Smile (the song) came out. i want her to go back to OOTB sound with more pop-rock sound something p!nk or kelly clarkson would sing

QueenMortuana
8 minutes ago, KARMA said:

But review is the music, not the bling...so your statement doesn't apply 

Oops. How about 'music not the critical acclaim'? :bear:

Archived