đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Do the Charts combine Single + Album streams?

Riley

Featured Posts

Okay so this may be a really basic/generic chart-related question... but does Billboard/Apple Music/Spotify combine the single streams with the song's streams on the album? 

I always wondered because, for example, on my "most played" lists, it'll include Rain On Me *the single but not Rain On Me *from Chromatica the album. 

And then some artists release singles before the album but it has the album cover art/is part of the album tracklist and all the other songs are just greyed out/not available yet - like Katy's most recent single -- and then once the album is released it's just now a song on the album? (whereas, Rain On Me still has a separate single and album option)

Spoiler

I assume they combine the two, but why wouldn't they just get rid of the single version once the album comes out? Or just merge the two so if you had it previously in a playlist it doesn't get deleted but rather updated with the album track. 

Deep down I think I'm asking this because this really drives me nuts on an organizational level. Like Beyonce's "new updated" The Gift which is essentially the EXACT same thing but with 2 extra songs... so now I feel obligated to still listen to the OG version because that's what is on all my "most played lists"/playlists and when I listen to the new version it doesn't update accordingly. 

FfFfFfFF

Yes! This is why singles pre-album usually get a boost when the album is released. And then, there is no separation between the chart run of ''the single'' and ''the album track'', Rain On Me for example debuted at #1 pre-album and to this day continues its chart run from that position.

Archived