Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Smile smashes on US Facebook

Lighter

Featured Posts

Chromatography
1 hour ago, SLAG said:

People are so hateful here. Pretty much rooting for her to fail.:cyanlights:

people better be careful...karmas a bitch and gaga may be reigning now, but that wonā€™t last forever.Ā :ohwell:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Levine
2 hours ago, Werk said:

Is this true?! ATRL is locked for guests rn so I can't see

Ā 

Ā 

Well the song can still debut in the Hot 100 because it never debuted there to begin with, only Bubbling under. As for Juice WRLD's Smile, that has already debuted at #8 yesterday

Ā 

2 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Ā 

It's literally a debut since it hasn't charted before

Just like Kings & Queens debuted at #73 (I think?) on the Hot 100 this week

Uhm nope. In that caseĀ a song ENTERS the top 100, that's the right term. But the song actually DEBUTED outside the top 100.

As if a song goes 25 in its first week, then the week later it's up at #9 and you don't say "it debuted in the top 10".

So if Smile really is up to #5 next week, you guys say that both Stupid Love and Smile debuted at #5? :lmao: stop

Ā 

The Z
3 minutes ago, Levine said:

Ā 

Uhm nope. In that caseĀ a song ENTERS the top 100, that's the right term. But the song actually DEBUTED outside the top 100.

As if a song goes 25 in its first week, then the week later it's up at #9 and you don't say "it debuted in the top 10".

So if Smile really is up to #5 next week, you guys say that both Stupid Love and Smile debuted at #5? :lmao: stop

Ā 

It makes its debut in the Hot 100, which doesn't mean that it's its first week ever. It is its debut week on the Hot 100 though, which doesn't mean the song debuted at #5. The song (if it happens) will make its HOT 100 debut at #5, not its overall debut

22 minutes ago, Levine said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

16 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It makes its debut in the Hot 100, which doesn't mean that it's its first week ever. It is its debut week on the Hot 100 though, which doesn't mean the song debuted at #5. The song (if it happens) will make its HOT 100 debut at #5, not its overall debut

Yes like Kevin said, it counts as debut because the song was never in the Hot 100 to begin with, for example Ava's Kings & Queens has been 8 weeks in the Bubbling Under and finally debuted in the Hot 100 yesterdayĀ 

Justin Drew Bieber

Hopefully Facebook changes their rules, apparently they count a view from just 3 seconds.

JRCF29
7 hours ago, Lighter said:

She officially has 43 Million + streams for the Hot 100. She is heading for a Top 5 debut

What is this mess you're on about? Her debut was on the Bubbling Under, the song has been out for weeks

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
1 hour ago, Levine said:

Ā 

Ā 

^^^Ā 

Don't Call Me Gaga

jacs vs looser

I honestly doubt the Facebook video views will count heavily enough to give Katy a top 5 entry in the hot 100. Top 20 I believe, but top 5?Ā :triggered:

And if they do count so much, Bobby better be ready to upload all of Gaga's videogparphy on Facebook, Chromatica's 3rd single included.Ā :dom:

StrawberryBlond

I'm still finding this whole thing extremely suspect and will have to wait to see how it all turns out. I know there was as song called Smile predicted to be in the top 10 this week and I wondered how on earth that was possible and then found it was the Juice Wrld song. I'm still telling myself it's this one people are getting mixed up with because I've not found any evidence that FB views count at all or at least count this heavily. Smile has not been a hit to any degree pre-video. The performance video didn't do anything and you mean to tell me that this basic video we got a few days ago has changed it all? The YouTube video is picking up views and likes faster than Daisies (its outperformed Daises likes despite the fact that Daisies came out over 3 months ago - wow!) but there's no evidence that people are actually buying the song, which is the clincher. Streams can only get you so far. If by some miracle it does get into the top 5, I'm sure this will be heavily criticised and it'll probably drop like a stone the following week which won't be a good look for her. If she had her first top 10 in a while, I'd really rather it was NRO or HiH. Smile is just tragic. Why is it some of the least deserving songs that gain traction?

is this coming from the same source as the #1 in 62 countries? because Iā€™m ngl I have nothing againstĀ Katy doing these numbers but there has been 0 general public awareness of these singles or the album so where tf has this hype come from?

heauxmatica

Archived