💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You Don’t Hate Taylor Swift, You’re Just Sexist (Probably)

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

Taylucifer

Please watch the video before commenting on it and of course you are fully allowed to not like her for whatever reason but is it cause you don't like her music or is it because of deep rooted, sexist ideas?

EDIT:

1. You can dislike her for her music, we don't need all of you saying how much you dislike her so now you must be sexist, thanks so much tho

2. As @Why am I on GGD said 'People in this thread mistake "not liking" for "hating". He doesn't say you're sexist if you don't like her work. The video is specifically taking about Taylors haters, who blame her for past drama. And it is is largely dedicated towards explaining how sexist that mindset is. And he makes some good points.'

3. Please watch the video cause some of y'all are really running with this:flower:

4. There is a difference between hating someone and disliking their music

1989 (TV) is out NOW

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeIena Gomez

I don’t like Taylor Swift because her last two albums have been some of the worst I’ve ever heard. Yes her writing is great but where are the vocals? Where is the production everyone was so captivated by in 1989 and reputation? Her dancing is average (aka non existent) and yet has more success than any other mpg because she’s easy to swallow like a man at a gas station glory hole. 

Im not saying I hate her I just see why people aren’t fans. 

The Office Reaction GIF

NewYorkCity
7 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

I don’t like Taylor Swift because her last two albums have been some of the worst I’ve ever heard. Yes her writing is great but where are the vocals? Where is the production everyone was so captivated by in 1989 and reputation? Her dancing is average (aka non existent) and yet has more success than any other mpg because she’s easy to swallow like a man at a gas station glory hole. 

The Office Reaction GIF

I’m sorry for this but... your nickname is Selena Gomez and you complain about vocals? 

SeIena Gomez
1 minute ago, NewYorkCity said:

I’m sorry for this but... your nickname is Selena Gomez and you complain about vocals? 

I’ve exclaimed multiple times that:

1) Selena is a bad singer. I know that. 

2) It’s literally just a username 

3) I love Selena’s music because it’s unique. Revival is timeless and Rare is a gorgeous album and both do not age. 

Selena Gomez has nothing to do with my dislike for Taylor Swift. 

Naw I side-eye her because her fans are some of the most annoying online.

The victim complex runs DEEP. Insanely pedantic 30-minute long analyses painting any sort of criticism against her as misogynistic is proof.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Andreu

Uhmmm... no

Why is it so difficult to understand some people is not gonna like your fave's music??

Jose P

I do notice how so many men write about their personal relationships in their music, The Weeknd being a prime example, yet Taylor got so much hate early in her career for writing about hers. It’s not even about the drama she’s had, she legitimately was made fun of for years bc she wrote about her breakups. And every time she tries to defend herself she’s “playing the victim”

Andreu
11 minutes ago, gag said:

Naw I side-eye her because her fans are some of the most annoying online.

The victim complex runs DEEP. Insanely pedantic 30-minute long analyses painting any sort of criticism against her is misogynistic is proof.

Exactly. For some reason they always think she is snubbed when she doesn't win the album of the year grammy every year, and they like to pretend shes an overlooked and underrated artist when its quite the opposite.

venusfly

Is it really that hard to grasp that T Swift’s music is incredibly basic & middle of the road (Pre Folklore) that this is the conclusion her fans have to draw?

Born in Chromatica

No, I’m not a fan of Taylor Swift’s music because I’m not a fan of Taylor Swift’s music. I respect her as an artist and I am happy she is having success, but her music for me is bland and uninteresting. Someone like Gaga is much more interesting for me because her music is fun, experimental, never the same and unique. Everyone has different tastes in music and there is nothing wrong or sexist in having different tastes. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

Jose P
29 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

The Office Reaction GIF

You do realize good production doesn’t just mean electronic sounds right? The production in folklore is immaculate, it’s just an indie folk album. For real a Selena stan shouldn’t be here talking about vocals and production.

SeIena Gomez
Just now, Jose P said:

You do realize good production doesn’t just mean electronic sounds right? The production in folklore is immaculate, it’s just an indie folk album. For real a Selena stan shouldn’t be here talking about vocals and production.

If you knew anything about me you’d know she’s not even top 3 on my stan list :ladyhaha:

Where did I mention electronic sounds? Folklore is boring end of

SeIena Gomez
2 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Is it really that hard to grasp that T Swift’s music is incredibly basic & middle of the road (Pre Folklore) that this is the conclusion her fans have to draw?

Be careful sis, cos you have a Dua pic people will bring her into it for 0 reason because apparently that changes the fact taylors music is basic

Archived