Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You Don’t Hate Taylor Swift, You’re Just Sexist (Probably)

Taylucifer

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

Its not sexism. I came around to liking her, but I disliked her because I felt like she was fake and inauthentic. There was always something about her that didn't strike me as honest.  I also didn't like the fact that her biggest hits were all about the same subject: her boyfriends. There was (to me) no depth to her, and it became annoying. I started to dislike her more during the Reputation era, because that whole era became the epitome of why I disliked her. Her "bad girl" image was extremely cringeworthy, and the era was very inauthentic. Lover was the first era where she showed who she was as a person, and I felt something more honest from her.

But forget my journey with her, I don't think its sexist for people to call out when an artist or someone is being fake and disingenuous about who they are for the sake of being the "American sweetheart" image, which she had for much of her career.

End Racism Now

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustHMLover2

Lmao literally the stupidest thing I've watched this month :ladyhaha: and I watched like 5mins of it

My disslike of her is because her music is boring af, her performances are wack and she lacks personality :)

Wildest Dreams and Style were the only bearable tracks by her (for me) on the radio, and that talks a lot tbh

Also this thread name is ugly af

Lucas

I think we have to stop with the "If you dislike Beyoncé you're racist" "If you dislike Taylor Swift you're sexist" "If you dislike Kpop you're racist" BS. Let people like/dislike who they want

JustHMLover2
20 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

She makes music for 12 year olds. How am I suppose to like it :bear:

Also this

Taylucifer
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Its not sexism. I came around to liking her, but I disliked her because I felt like she was fake and inauthentic. There was always something about her that didn't strike me as honest.  I also didn't like the fact that her biggest hits were all about the same subject: her boyfriends. There was (to me) no depth to her, and it became annoying. I started to dislike her more during the Reputation era, because that whole era became the epitome of why I disliked her. Her "bad girl" image was extremely cringeworthy, and the era was very inauthentic. Lover was the first era where she showed who she was as a person, and I felt something more honest from her.

But forget my journey with her, I don't think its sexist for people to call out when an artist or someone is being fake and disingenuous about who they are for the sake of being the "American sweetheart" image, which she had for much of her career.

but that's not being sexist tho, that's not liking her image and the way she portrays herself. You not liking that her biggest hits were about her boyfriends is valid, IF you were holding all other artists to the same standard:enigma:

Spoiler

if you weren't, I think that's sexist tho:yennefer:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I think we have to stop with the "If you dislike Beyoncé you're racist" "If you dislike Taylor Swift you're sexist" "If you dislike Kpop you're racist" BS. Let people like/dislike who they want

Literally this. 

End Racism Now

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So, if you dislike Gaga 

What are you? :trollga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Ziggy
12 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

I get that, but nobody dislikes her for that reason anymore, this was a thing in like 2013.

Yeah I’d say if she’s going to get flak now it’s A) for the classist elements of You Need to Calm Down or B) for dredging up the Kanye drama *again* (but that’s more because of how old it is than anything else; people are past it so bringing it up again feels contrived. After the Kanye-Kim call it just felt played out to the public)

She hasn’t really had issues with either recently, but *if* she gets hate these days it’s usually about one of those two things.

Borislshere
14 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Y'ALL THE POINT WAS THAT YOU ARE OF COURSE ALLOW TO DISLIKE HER BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE HER MUSIC (I have zero problem with that, we all have different tastes) YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE HER. BUT IF YOU DISLIKE HER BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF BOYFRIENDS SHE HAS HAD, THAT'S SEXIST. 

I doubt many of us here would hate her for that though. I don’t think people really care much about who she dates anymore 

Head Empty

If you're thinking about commenting without watching the full video, at least listen to the conclusion. Most comments in this thread can be discarded if you listen to his reasoning and perspective :laughga:

Taylucifer
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Literally this. 

But the point isn't that everyone who dislikes Taylor Swift is sexist, if you don't like her music, that's fine and I'm not going to try change that. If you dislike her for some reason which is outlined in the video then you probably dislike her because of sexist reasons and well. that's not great luv.

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

GaGaAst
1 hour ago, SeIena Gomez said:

I don’t like Taylor Swift because her last two albums have been some of the worst I’ve ever heard. Yes her writing is great but where are the vocals? Where is the production everyone was so captivated by in 1989 and reputation? Her dancing is average (aka non existent) and yet has more success than any other mpg because she’s easy to swallow like a man at a gas station glory hole. 

Im not saying I hate her I just see why people aren’t fans. 

isn't @Taylor Swift your best friend?.

Traitor alert.

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

FlopSlurper
46 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

3) I love Selena’s music because it’s unique. Revival is timeless and Rare is a gorgeous album and both do not age. 

not you dissing slayer and outsoldore that are more acclaimed and successful than anything selena could ever achieve but praise asmare/whispiral 😭 

SeIena Gomez
18 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Y'ALL THE POINT WAS THAT YOU ARE OF COURSE ALLOW TO DISLIKE HER BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE HER MUSIC (I have zero problem with that, we all have different tastes) YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE HER. BUT IF YOU DISLIKE HER BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF BOYFRIENDS SHE HAS HAD, THAT'S SEXIST. 

Its barely even sexism it’s just stupidity and you shouldn’t listen to someone’s opinion that is based off someone’s love life because that already shows they are lacking brain cells

StarstruckIllusion

What is this 😭 post Hillary-loss election analysis? :bear:  The clickbait...

Archived