Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was the transition of The Fame-Ga into The Fame Monster-Ga like?

V e n u s

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Linus Gaga said:

but yeah thats why makes gaga look so different between the fame and the fame monster,  bangs with nude lips, and then suddenly no bangs, thick eyebrow and red lips. I think that was her biggest transformation among all her eras

Yes but it was definitely not a Miley Cyrus going pixie blonde moment

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I started to notice a different from August/September 2009.

The VMA Paparazzi performance was definitely a turning point but it wasn't until a few weeks later that I think we saw a proper change, and then when the OUT magazine photoshoot came out, the 'monster' idea was concretely cemented.

gaga_005_1.jpg

vzaez7sqibsqazzs.jpg?djet1p5k

and then we started to get looks like this, more of a transition into her later TFM looks:

59ce58592ff6305f008b47a7?width=1100&form

31606288075_a8000d5733_b.jpg

boyerased

Definitely around August, when she started ditching the bangs. She kept on going back to the bangs though until the end of 2009. Before that the gothic obsession was getting stronger, even during LoveGame, when she started rocking studs and asymmetrical bangs. Her make up style was getting more sophisticated it really started to come together during Paparazzi VMA and after the performance and that red mcqueen number she was never the same. Everything back then felt so sudden that as far as I can remember not many put a lot of thought into it.

I wish she kept the vampy early TFM look for a while. I love how they did her eyebrows and eyelids. 

Glamourpuss

It was amazing! I was a huge fan at the time (still am obviously) and everything she did was perfect. 

How she went from this 

lady-gaga-hair-bow.jpg

to this in the space of two years...

EnchantingThinBoar-small.gif

it was so gradual but happened so fast at the same time. It was so seamless and perfect. :flutter:

Ryusei

*holds back joke about how she actually got lighter not darker with photo comparison of her excessive tan to her regular skin tone*

Musery

The Clown
35 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

but yeah thats why makes gaga look so different between the fame and the fame monster,  bangs with nude lips, and then suddenly no bangs, thick eyebrow and red lips. I think that was her biggest transformation among all her eras

It was a good transformation, but I would say it was quite subtle. It was basically a young, naive blonde dream superstar to a grizzled, melancholic, tragic, older incarnation of the same girl.

If we're talking about contrast, The Fame Monster into Born This Way, then Born This Way into ARTPOP were way "bigger", as she basically went from vampy blonde pop martyr to "horny" exhibitionist anarchist social justice alien hooker and then to Renaissance-Disney-Warhol-Koons-Abramović-On Stage Changin-Chameleon- Art Nerd in only 3 years.

And that's not even mentioning how big the ASIB-Chromatica transition is :ladyhaha:

GagaEnigma
8 minutes ago, The Clown said:

And that's not even mentioning how big the ASIB-Chromatica transition is :ladyhaha:

Also the ARTPOP-C2C one :yennefer:

Linus Gaga
58 minutes ago, The Clown said:

It was a good transformation, but I would say it was quite subtle. It was basically a young, naive blonde dream superstar to a grizzled, melancholic, tragic, older incarnation of the same girl.

If we're talking about contrast, The Fame Monster into Born This Way, then Born This Way into ARTPOP were way "bigger", as she basically went from vampy blonde pop martyr to "horny" exhibitionist anarchist social justice alien hooker and then to Renaissance-Disney-Warhol-Koons-Abramović-On Stage Changin-Chameleon- Art Nerd in only 3 years.

i meant in terms of makeup and hair

because that time people have never seen a Lady Gaga like that

TFM was the second era, so the only comparable era is TF

BTW is different to other 2 previous eras, with a darker and sick punk vibes, but she kept her signature thick eyeline and redlips from TFM for lots of the looks, so somehow she still look similar to THAT gaga.

ARTPOP she got a fresh and less makeup vibes, sort of a mixture of TF and TFM, and she looked exactly the same like TF with she was promoting GUY.

From ARTPOP to C2C transformed quite evenly, because she wore some classic makeup and outfits during  ARTPOP era and backstage of artrave, which was overlap of 2 eras.

And since late 2015, she didn't really change a lot until we saw some chromatica looks in 2020. She kept the joanne ish makeup with dark thick eyebrow, big lips and contour, and mainly a casual malibu gaga style.

As we have seen her changing for years, so we sort of knew how she looks like in these makeup , in those wigs. That's why i might be used to the changes and thinking the biggest change was the first 2 eras

Hit me a message and say hi !

FameHookah
On 8/15/2020 at 8:37 AM, Daylight Jokers said:

I also wonder about the bangs. What were fans' reaction when she ditched them for TFM era? Was it an event?

I was livid, when she went full Marilyn Manson on us ew.. not my thing, i really loved FameGa with all my soul, then i was cocerned when she lost all that weight and started passing out at concerts.. then her voice got very nasal thin and frail at some points (i loved her 2008/early 2009 resonance and thickness) it was creepy af tbh, then we got more weirdness with btw..

ARTPOP fixed that tho she became gorgeous and glam during and after that.

WTF is MDNA

Defmix100
On 8/15/2020 at 2:03 PM, Linus Gaga said:

-when she got her Fame monster tattoo, take away her bangs, starts doing eyebrows and red lips

but still doing the fame era shows

latest?cb=20140319201844

I always wondered why this version of the mask looks like someone went crazy with the glue compared to this

gaga-mask-pokerface.jpg

numb the flame
57 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

I always wondered why this version of the mask looks like someone went crazy with the glue compared to this

gaga-mask-pokerface.jpg

Yeah the one at V Festival didn’t look as good imo. It looks like someone chucked a bunch of glue on it and hoped for the best. Anyone know why they changed it from the original  mask to the mask/glasses at V Fest. 

FfFfFfFF

During The Fame era she got progressively darker. The Ariana Grande vibes from this statement. :poot:

znoqryylfqe31.jpg

V e n u s
On 8/15/2020 at 10:38 PM, The Clown said:

This is so funny to me. When you put it all in that context it's so mind-boggling. I wonder if Gaga ever looks back at herself and sees how effectively she changes at will.

Archived