Featured Posts

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eeaarrllaalloo
6 minutes ago, L E O said:

Of course! 

real winner obv

"By FaR ThE MoSt IrRiTatInG PoSteR oN "ChRoMaTiCa" DisCusSion.

Midknight
5 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

that's mine :)

OMG I am so obsessed!!!! U really did an amazing job :hug: I'm planning to learn 3D rendering too. Btw how long did it took for you to finish this masterpiece?

NewUsername

Very underwhelming and undeserving first winner imo, for real.
I mean, by itself it's a good design, but I've seen WAY better designs. I hate when contests like these when "the best wins" are organized and then the organizers judge like **** and they make you think they actually picked at random. It's very disheartening and makes you wonder why they even organized it like that in the first way.

35 minutes ago, L E O said:

So first one is a white supremacist and other entries are using copyrighted material when it was stated in the official rules that it was forbidden. I'm so happy I've spend +40 hours on my piece for nothing, really.

15 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Yes I love a lot of these winners I think they look awesome but some are using copyright material, from the beginning when I saw so many like that I was wondering if people at adobe would even know or ask. And it is a shame with the hours put in, I worked on mine over 3-4 weeks but I know it doesn't matter how much time is put in, sometimes simpler ones are more striking. It was a great contest though and made me try something I never had before

This ****ing sucks, I would be fuming. You'd think these professionals would know what they're doing.
Glad I don't have that kind of talent to be a serious contestant for this, because if not, I imagine I would have participated and would have been very let down to see the outcome.

Both your works are really great, you should both be really proud of yourselves!

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, Midknight said:

OMG I am so obsessed!!!! U really did an amazing job :hug: I'm planning to learn 3D rendering too.

Thank you so much!! I don't know if you've already decided what to use but Blender seems to be the best for starting as well as getting amazing results. I myself use Adobe After Effects and Element 3D though but it's way more limited

whoresup

Imagine if they are pulling a Katy and are gonna use one of these fanmade covers for a rerelease :D

Defmix100
1 minute ago, NewUsername said:

Very underwhelming and undeserving first winner imo, for real.
I mean, by itself it's a good design, but I've seen WAY better designs. I hate when contests like these when "the best wins" are organized and then the organizers judge like **** and they make you think they actually picked at random. It's very disheartening and makes you wonder why they even organized it like that in the first way.

This ****ing sucks, I would be fuming. You'd think these professionals would know what they're doing.
Glad I don't have that kind of talent to be a serious contestant for this, because if not, I imagine I would have participated and would have been very let down to see the outcome.

Both your works are really great, you should both be really proud of yourselves!

Thank you so much :) I've entered a lot of contests before and each time you lose it is really disheartening and often the winners do happen to have used copyright material, this is the last contest I'm going to enter but it was a great excuse to make something I'm overall very happy with. There are seriously so many incredible submissions for this, I had like top 30 that I found and none of them ended up as the winners we've seen so far.

warhol killer
39 minutes ago, Quasi said:

That's mine! Thank you so much!! You just made my day. :kara:

I may not have won but hey at least I got something cool out of this whole thing! 

One of the best concepts among others out there. Really something original. :tony:

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

oheyitso

Ugh I’m upset, these designs are brilliant but definitely agree with @L E O in the sense of trying to develop something different that isn’t just a stock image edited with the Chromatica logo on top... 

Here was mine if anyone is interested:

Daylight Jokers
1 hour ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

Is he the first place??

What the actual **** with those white supremacist tweets. Fcker doesn't deserve that $10,000 prize.

Thank you so much guys for the love! And also for @Defmix100, you truly deserved to be in the top 10 at the very least! And I also agree with you, so far only one of my absolute favorite ended up in the top 10…

I was already having very little to no confidence in my work, this is the final nail in the coffin :messga: Hopefully next week I'll forget about it, but right now I'm VERY unhappy. But that's life I guess :vegas:

3 minutes ago, L E O said:

Thank you so much guys for the love! And also for @Defmix100, you truly deserved to be in the top 10 at the very least! And I also agree with you, so far only one of my absolute favorite ended up in the top 10…

I was already having very little to no confidence in my work, this is the final nail in the coffin :messga: Hopefully next week I'll forget about it, but right now I'm VERY unhappy. But that's life I guess :vegas:

Your artwork is absolutely amazing, all the details, the colors, textures, composition, idea, it’s so awesome and one can tell you’ve been working hard on it. It makes me want a whole Chromatica graphic novel in your style :enigma:

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, L E O said:

Don't worry I know how miserable this feels, but it just happened that the judges didn't like our particular styles as much as others, it's one of those things where it would always be different with different sets of judges and who knows if there was a top 20 maybe you would be selected :) I hope this doesn't knock your confidence and at the end of the day we got to make art related to our favourite artist regardless of the outcome

Archived