💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Nicole from PCD have just been solo?

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Pop Music

we got this amazing bop from her solo career!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby
1 hour ago, juicyjuicy said:

Reasons why she didn't 'make it big' as a solo artist:

11.jpg Went solo too 'late' in her career and the GP largely only associated her with the PCD (and still do really)

2.jpg  Her last name is not catchy (it makes a big difference...can you imagine the GP stanning someone called 'Stefani Germanotta' as a main pop girl?)

UK and US music tastes are actually quite different

3.jpg Bad management - after her first few solo albums didn't reach the level of success as she may have anticipated, she then ended up hosting a few things in the UK, did some commercials, but didn't choose to focus on her music after that, and this ultimately impacted her 'visibility' in the US and worldwide

4.jpg To be honest, her solo music just really wasn't that good - not due to lack of talent, but she didn't work with the right producers and her albums were a bit 'soulless' - there was no artistic vision and just a bit too generic

11.jpg She tried after first Pussycat Dolls album to get solo but I think her label sabotaged her so she could go back to Pussycat Dolls. She got "Whatever U Like" (ft. T.I.) and "Baby Love" (ft. will.i.am) and these were good songs but didn't chart well so her album Her Name is Nicole got cancelled. At this time she was also featured  on "Come to Me" by Diddy, Scream by Timbaland and Keri Hilson and Lie About Us by Avant. She tried it didn't work out. 

2.jpg She changed her name around 2004 to Nicole Kea (it’s her Hawaiian family name). She recorded song called “Breakfast in Bed” for 50 First Dates soundtrack and you can even find some photos of her with this name https://www.gettyimages.fi/photos/nicole-kea?family=editorial&phrase=Nicole Kea&sort=oldest#license  but then went back to Scherzinger. She probably tried with Hawaiian rhymes:

3.jpg I feel like she is more focused on being famous, taking part and looking good on big events than actually on her music.

4.jpg It is more like lack in Nicole of something  than producers fault or maybe she got bad taste in music and choose wrong songs:trollga: 
She always got great producers but couldn't create anything really big, most of her songs are mediocre. 
- On her latest album Big Fat Lie she only got writing credit on one song,  rest was wrote and produced mostly by The Dream & Tricky Stewart, she probably just went to studio and sang what they gave her.
- On Killer Love she got many great produces like RedOne, Stargate, Steve Josefsson (Swedish House Mafia), Sandy Vee and many more. But still these songs were missing something.
- On Her Name Is Nicole she worked with Akon, Kanye West, Ne-Yo, Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, will.i.am and most of these songs that leaked sounds like song of the moment that getting old really fast. 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Kulture Kiari

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion but here it goes:

Nicole would of never worked out as a solo to begin with. She won a talent search in her beginning and it never kicked off. She is talented, don't get me wrong, but she has no charisma whatsoever. Just look at her in the xfactor. She is just there and not memorable. 

What helped Nicole become a household name is PCD. and when it kicked off, she tried her solo career, and then again, nothing. She even collaborated with Belinda, a mexican pop singer, and nothing. 

End of it all, Nicole is talented but doesnt have the x factor. Why do you think people got hyped up hearing "PCD IS COMING BACK" rather than hearing "Nicole is coming back with her solo act." People would of been like "WAIT. SHE HAD A FIRST ACT TO BEGIN WITH?"

The Edge Of Glory

I think she tried to put on as solo artist very early on her career, the pussycat dolls are doing great on USA and UK Charts with Doll Domination (not a huge impact, but okay) and then she desperates released herself as solo artist, = flop. If she have waited a little more on the girlband...

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

Archived