💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Could Nicole from PCD have just been solo?

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

While I don’t think she could have made it as big on her own, it would have been more respectful to the other girls for her to not literally always be the one in the spotlight. Like we get itttt

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Babel

I think she had all it takes (and more) to be a superstar. The only thing missing imo was an artistic vision, her music never stuck out from the rest, she just vanished in the background as another sexy popstar. 

MonsterofFame

Nicole tried a solo career, but she suffered the same curse as Lily Allen, Rita Ora, Tinashe, in that she had a few hits in the UK but failed to make it big in the rest of the world.

I don’t understand how these artists get stuck in the UK when their sound is really good and popular with other artists in the US.

buzzkill
3 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

Nicole tried a solo career, but she suffered the same curse as Lily Allen, Rita Ora, Tinashe, in that she had a few hits in the UK but failed to make it big in the rest of the world.

I don’t understand how these artists get stuck in the UK when their sound is really good and popular with other artists in the US.

Chile... lily allen was actually big WW with f*** you/smile/the fear/22 :selena:

MonsterofFame
2 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

Chile... lily allen was actually big WW with f*** you/smile/the fear/22 :selena:

The Fear was the only single that got radio play in the US. She never elevated past “interesting new artist” here.

Most people have no idea who she is now. Love her, but it’s true.

buzzkill
1 minute ago, MonsterofFame said:

The Fear was the only single that got radio play in the US. She never elevated past “interesting new artist” here.

Most people have no idea who she is now. Love her, but it’s true.

I said the world not the US :selena: here in brazil she was BIG on radio back in the day. but i totally agree with you, nobody remember her nowadays :selena: 

Florian
26 minutes ago, good said:

While I don’t think she could have made it as big on her own, it would have been more respectful to the other girls for her to not literally always be the one in the spotlight. Like we get itttt

There is a reason why the other girls aren't in the spotlight and it all comes down to what the PCD actually are.

Before getting big, the PCD were a dance troop. Their manager thought they could become bigger if they added a singer to the troop and tried to seek for a talented singer and dancer until they hired Nicole (and later Melody). The other members, as talented as they are, have always been and meant to be dancers. And obviously the spotlight in a music group will be on the people who sings

KURUSHITOVSKA

She was supposed to be the Fergie of BEP but that didn't turn out at the end. If it did, she would be more successful, and she deserves it. She is beautiful and extremely talented, and her solo works are great.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

ToxicHot

She absolutely deserved to be HUGE. With The Pussycat Dolls there were some INCREDIBLE singles, some of which were iconic hits that absolutely represent 2000’s-era pop (and some R&B). 

I really do believe had she debuted solo and had the same songs, production, etc., her solo career we know of today would’ve been way more successful. I honestly do find it annoying how she was the main star the entire time, I mean she was way too good to be stuck with a girl group of only dancers (and wasn’t another one a back-up singer on some songs? lol).

I’ve only heard a few of her solo songs, but I really wanna try checking out more of her music.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

boyerased

She’s really talented but she lacks the artistic vision and that X factor (lol). I think her management was aware of that thus PCD. she didn’t have a personality and a personal brand other than sexy to latch on to. 

Teletubby
On 8/15/2020 at 3:30 AM, GagaSine said:

Tbh I don’t know why her solo career has not been as successful. Maybe if she debuted as a solo act it would have gone better? She definitely has the talent.

She debuted in TV series Popstars and became member of Eden's Crush in 2000. This serie was produced by David Foster so maybe he helped her later. But anyway if she wouldn't start in this band she wouldn't probably get any further. 

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Gimme More

I'm shocked she wasn't a massive success solo, she's super talented, can sing live, dance!

She had some great solo bops!

She had some hits here in the UK though.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Teletubby

On 8/15/2020 at 5:08 AM, RAMROD said:

When you becomes a judge on talent show, you can never recover from that.

It was sad when she announced she got exciting news to share and her fans belived it's new music but then it turn out to be X Factor UK and USA, Australia's Got Talent, The Masked Singer, I Can Do That, Best Time Ever with Neil Patrick Harris,  Bring the Noise etc. .... It seems like she prefers to take jobs that  give her real money than earn less as a singer.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

juicyjuicy

Reasons why she didn't 'make it big' as a solo artist:

- Went solo too 'late' in her career and the GP largely only associated her with the PCD (and still do really)

- Her last name is not catchy (it makes a big difference...can you imagine the GP stanning someone called 'Stefani Germanotta' as a main pop girl?)

- UK and US music tastes are actually quite different

- Bad management - after her first few solo albums didn't reach the level of success as she may have anticipated, she then ended up hosting a few things in the UK, did some commercials, but didn't choose to focus on her music after that, and this ultimately impacted her 'visibility' in the US and worldwide

- To be honest, her solo music just really wasn't that good - not due to lack of talent, but she didn't work with the right producers and her albums were a bit 'soulless' - there was no artistic vision and just a bit too generic

Archived